Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 4th Sep 07, 11:29 AM
    • 8,116Posts
    • 42,310Thanks
    MSE Martin
    0 WOW
    Free Game of the Week: Chuckie Egg
    • 4th Sep 07, 11:29 AM
    0 WOW
    Free Game of the Week: Chuckie Egg 4th Sep 07 at 11:29 AM
    This is the all-time classic 80s computer game, Chuckie Egg. The aimís to make the little yellow man, Hen-House Harry, collect the twelve eggs positioned in each level.Though watch out for the scary giant bird flying down to get you and be warned Ė itís maddeningly addictive!

Link to Game: Chuckie Egg

P.S. If you know of any other free games that you think MoneySavers might appreciate email: freegame@moneysavingexpert.com

Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
Page 1
  • danejb92
    • 4th Sep 07, 11:39 AM
    • 4th Sep 07, 11:39 AM
    thanks martin....is a bit strange though compared to my 21st century gaming now
  • chrisj2006
    • 4th Sep 07, 11:48 AM
    • 4th Sep 07, 11:48 AM
    This game is great! Thanks!
    • Butlers1982
    • By Butlers1982 4th Sep 07, 11:49 AM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 1,773 Thanks
    Butlers1982
    • 4th Sep 07, 11:49 AM
    • 4th Sep 07, 11:49 AM
    I thought that was easy that game, nowhere near as good as the helicopter game!
    • smartie1976
    • By smartie1976 4th Sep 07, 12:24 PM
    • 1,874 Posts
    • 1,849 Thanks
    smartie1976
    • 4th Sep 07, 12:24 PM
    • 4th Sep 07, 12:24 PM
    :O ohhhhh played this game so much as a kiddiewinkle.
    <3
    It's BOUGHT (to Buy), not BROUGHT (to bring) AND you cannot be frauded, only DEfrauded.

Please do not buy animals from a pet store. Visit your local sanctuary or centre and give a good home to an unloved or abandoned animal.
    • punkrjb
    • By punkrjb 4th Sep 07, 12:37 PM
    • 415 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    punkrjb
    • 4th Sep 07, 12:37 PM
    • 4th Sep 07, 12:37 PM
    on the BBC version if you went through the levels three times you ended uip with two brids chasing you - frantic stuff and loadsa fun with such poor graphics!
    i'd sooner be reading hotukdeals
    • lucinad
    • By lucinad 4th Sep 07, 12:54 PM
    • 4,290 Posts
    • 168,441 Thanks
    lucinad
    • 4th Sep 07, 12:54 PM
    • 4th Sep 07, 12:54 PM
    OMG!!!!!!!!!1 chuckie egg! we used to have this on our commodore 64.... this is what my brother and i played on as kids.... xbox, playstation, wii.... pffft kids dont know what it was like! ha ha ha
    October wins:
    completed: FB/TW/WEB/CTW/MD/IN Email: 648/1000; Gleam: 628/1000; Raff: 321/1000;
  • mbam
    • 4th Sep 07, 2:21 PM
    • 4th Sep 07, 2:21 PM
    Brings it all back when you had to wait 45 mins to load a game, only to find the volume on the casete player was not at the correct level!!!!!!
  • charlottesmummy
    • 4th Sep 07, 4:15 PM
    • 4th Sep 07, 4:15 PM
    Oh, yeah, it was my fave as a kid too. I also have memories of sitting waiting for nearly an hour for it to laod.

I have a copy on my mobile, got it for 99p a while back and boy does it help pass time.
    Started comps 7th August 2007 total for 2007 £1890
    had a break for a couple of months £835 / £2008 wins this month,
    DVD
  • dontwannabeindebt
    thanks, soooooooo much
    so many memories from my childhood,
    I was 12 and the high score champ in my whole family, Go me!!!
    loved playing it on my amstrad 464, haha the memories
    • ukstuff
    • By ukstuff 4th Sep 07, 8:48 PM
    • 333 Posts
    • 1,131 Thanks
    ukstuff
    I have a copy on my mobile, got it for 99p a while back and boy does it help pass time.
    Originally posted by charlottesmummy
    Please tell me you remember where you got it from
  • charlottesmummy
    I'm with 3 and they have it in their retro games, it was a 99p sale that I got it in I think it's £2.99 to download now, that said once you have downloaded it it is there for good,
    Started comps 7th August 2007 total for 2007 £1890
    had a break for a couple of months £835 / £2008 wins this month,
    DVD
  • Katie
    Woohoo! Brilliant! Chuckie Egg AND Repton - my two favourites as a kid. The only problem is I now forsee a lot of late nights playing these into the wee small hours!! It's 2.30am already - argh!!! Got work in the morning - suspect I may be a little bleary eyed!
  • absnasm
    Oh my God! This was my favourite favourite favourite when I was little! I once had a huuuuge fight with my mum because she was so desperate to have a go herself she wouldn't let me enter my name into the high score board. I think I actually ran away from home over that (to my friend's house a mile away).

I had it on a tape for the ZX Spectrum. I accidentally recorded over a little bit of it and broke it. I have never admitted that it was me.
  • Spikie_01
    OMG!!!!!!!!!1 chuckie egg! we used to have this on our commodore 64.... this is what my brother and i played on as kids.... xbox, playstation, wii.... pffft kids dont know what it was like! ha ha ha
    Originally posted by lucinad
    Yes I did too!!!!

Ths game is just totally incredible!!!!!!!!

I'm totally hooked on it again now!!!!!
    Saving for a lovely summer holiday. Will it be Evesham or Egypt???
  • mikegould
    AAAARRRRRR, they were the good old days, kids dont know there born now'a'days, I'm glad i'm of a age where i've seen the improvment in computer games, I remember when my older brother bought himself a Nintendo, I thought that was the future, what will we have in another five years.

looking forward to seeing what the future of game play brings.....
    why do we do it,

spending money we dont have on things we dont need :confused:

No Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
    • bluemeanie999
    • By bluemeanie999 5th Sep 07, 8:46 PM
    • 229 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    bluemeanie999
    OMG Thank you thank you thank you

I've been looking for this for ages. Used to sit there with my acorn electron and cassette player and waiting for all the stages to load now lets see if I can beat my personal best from years ago
  • mikegould
    OMG Thank you thank you thank you

I've been looking for this for ages. Used to sit there with my acorn electron and cassette player and waiting for all the stages to load now lets see if I can beat my personal best from years ago
    Originally posted by bluemeanie999

you must be alot older then I am, I was not even a twinkle in my dads eye when that games machine was out
    why do we do it,

spending money we dont have on things we dont need :confused:

No Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
    • GarethR
    • By GarethR 5th Sep 07, 9:44 PM
    • 235 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    GarethR
    Brilliant, I remember hours of family fun & fights playing Chuckie Egg & who's go it was, we had the greatest...A Dragon 32 that was connected to a dodgy old tape player!

Remember playing the tape to get it to load, then after 35 mins it just stopped, makes me laug now but it was infuriating then!!

Anyone remember Cuthbert Goes Walkabout??

G
    Official DFW Member 587
    • jonnno
    • By jonnno 5th Sep 07, 10:26 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    jonnno
    Thanks - that used to be fun!! Not so sure now tho
    Hello Mum

If you notice this notice you will notice it is not worth noticing
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,002Posts Today

6,020Users online

Martin's Twitter