Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Luke
    • By MSE Luke 16th Feb 16, 6:20 PM
    • 278Posts
    • 78Thanks
    MSE Luke
    MSE News: More collective energy switches launch – how do they stack up?
    • 16th Feb 16, 6:20 PM
    MSE News: More collective energy switches launch – how do they stack up? 16th Feb 16 at 6:20 PM
    More collective switches have been launched. But how do they stack up and compare with MSE's own Big Switch Event 4?...
    Read the full story:
    'More collective energy switches launch – how do they stack up?'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Last edited by MSE Luke; 16-02-2016 at 6:34 PM.
Page 2
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    E.ON MSM Fixed 1 Year Collective March 2016
    Are you not two days late with this post?
    Originally posted by Cardew
    not sure why i am 2 days out of date as MSM collective switch closes on april 6 according to email
    Originally posted by mallyboy5
    As above, just to let you know, The E.ON MSM Fixed 1 Year Collective March 2016 is withdrawn from sale on 7 April 2016.

Thanks.

Malc
    “Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    E.ON Monthly Direct Debits
    l agree with what you say but if boot was on the other foot the power companies would soon be chasing you for money owed why dont they give a discount on bill for money in credit
    Originally posted by mallyboy5
    We don't give discount based on credit balances mallyboy but we do have lower daily standing charges for customers paying with a Monthly Direct Debit. Saves about £35 per fuel per year.

The aim of our payment arrangements is to achieve as near as possible to a zero balance by the time of the annual review. At this review, any credit over a fiver is automatically refunded. Any debit balance is included in the ongoing arrangement and spread up to the next review.

It's a bit of balancing act to try and keep customers out of too much debt whilst also not holding on to more credit than needed to cover their usage. Given seasonal variations and changes of circumstance, this can never be an exact science and accounts will sometimes be in credit or debit. To give customers more control we've an online tool called the 'Direct Debit Manager.' As brewerdave says, this lets customers change their monthly payments to better suit changing circumstances.

Provided accounts are billed up to the latest meter readings, payments can be changed by up to 20 per cent up or down. By up to 5 per cent up or down without readings. Before confirming the new amount, we'll advise by how much we anticipate accounts will be in credit/debit by the time of the annual review if payments are changed but usage doesn't alter as expected. Customers need to have registered with our website to use this tool.

Hope this is of interest mallyboy.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    E.ON Direct Debit Manager

Also several of the Utility suppliers allow you to change the DD amount -I'm with EON and they have just suggested a reduction of £13 pm which stacks up with my calculations too.and will prevent me running a credit balance for long this Summer,having been in debit all Winter
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    Spot on brewerdave. The 'Direct Debit Manager' I mentioned above lets you make changes to the arrangement so you've more control and payments can be adjusted in line with changing circumstances.

Sounds like you've just gone through a review. We do regularly check arrangements to make sure all's on track for as near to a zero balance as possible by the annual review.

Hope you find this online tool useful brewerdave?

Malc
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 5th Apr 16, 9:08 PM
    • 27,869 Posts
    • 13,732 Thanks
    Cardew
    Originally Posted by Cardew on 03 April

As above, just to let you know, The E.ON MSM Fixed 1 Year Collective March 2016 is withdrawn from sale on 7 April 2016.

Thanks.

Malc
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    Count back two days from 03 April and it is ??
    E.ON Collectives
    Originally Posted by Cardew on 03 April

Count back two days from 03 April and it is ??
    Originally posted by Cardew
    Ah! I see. You're too deep for me Cardew.

Malc
    • Daytona
    • By Daytona 27th Nov 16, 2:16 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Daytona
    October 2016 iChoosr offer
    The October 2016 iChoosr offer for economy 7 electricity copied from the tariff information label. "Your estimated annual cost will be £107 more. Would you like to switch?" Well... duhh?! and they've been spamming me every week since to switch.

Supplier
    SSE

Tariff name
    Collective 1 Year Fixed v3

Tariff type
    Fixed

Payment method
    Monthly Direct Debit

Unit rate
    15.37p per kWh

Unit rate night (Economy 7)
    8.71p per kWh

Standing charge
    14.80p per day

Tariff ends on
    12 months from supply start date

Price guaranteed untill
    12 months from supply start date

Exit fees (if you cancel this tariff before the end date)
    £30.00

Discounts and additional charges
    These prices include an annual paperless billing discount of £6

Additional products or services included
    Not applicable

These prices include a discount of £40 per annum, per fuel for paying by direct debit. Discounts are inclusive of VAT at 5% and are deducted proportionately from your standing charge on a pence per day basis.

These prices include a discount of £6 per annum for using paperless billing. Discounts are inclusive of VAT at 5% and are deducted proportionately from your standing charge on a pence per day basis.

An early exit fee of £30 per fuel will be applied if you leave more than 49 days before the end of the 12 month period.
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 22nd Jan 17, 10:57 PM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 2,000 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    A New Year means new collectives....

1a. https://thisismoneyswitch.co.uk/ powered by http://www.energyhelpline.com/ Winning deal to be announced on 14th February

1b. https://www.cep.org.uk/our-services/community-energy-switch/
    I guess this is the same collective as 1a. But switching is open from 20th February (1 week after thisismoney).14th February, so same as thisismoney
    Register here https://communityenergyswitch.org.uk/

2. https://thebigdeal.com/ have run a couple of previous collectives with The Sun. Possibly due to announce their next collective result soon (details a bit thin on the ground with this lot - perhaps it'll be headlined in The Sun!?)
    (This signup link from their Facebook page) https://thebigdeal.activehosted.com/f/1
    Last edited by grumpycrab; 23-01-2017 at 10:28 AM. Reason: add more
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • archived user
    Big Deal Collective Tariff
    E-mail just in:

With your help, we've negotiated a very special deal from an extra special company.

The limited offer opens tomorrow... but we wanted to give you a little tip-off first.

Here are the key details of the deal YOU helped us create (thank you!):

It's from Places for People - a supplier we know and trust.

You could save over £160. [1]

Oh - and you'd also enjoy stellar customer service, because we think you deserve the finer things in life...
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 23rd Jan 17, 2:48 PM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 2,000 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    Hmm. This lot don't sound very professional (no offence to any Sun readers as they announced collectives before with them). Here's the mail...
    https://t.co/kl3e2HS5zk

PS. Sorry for the short link but the full link - below- gets mangled somewhere along the way...
    https://thebigdeal.activehosted.com/index.php?action=social&chash=42a0e188f5033bc65bf8 d78622277c4e.259
    Last edited by grumpycrab; 23-01-2017 at 3:22 PM.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 23rd Jan 17, 3:19 PM
    • 1,217 Posts
    • 1,661 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    I would call this company more along the lines of a crowdfunding company. They haven't advertised / promoted a collective switch, as I've been watching for some time. They are just crowdfunding from a comparison site?

As MSE says,

This is less than a typical comparison site.

Noticeably, it says all the tariffs they are offering me, are not available. I note the Iresa tariff quoted offered
    4.5% interest paid on balance annually.
    I wonder how they manage that, then?
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 23rd Jan 17, 6:31 PM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 2,000 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    I would call this company more along the lines of a crowdfunding company. They haven't advertised / promoted a collective switch, as I've been watching for some time. They are just crowdfunding from a comparison site?
    Originally posted by fredandwilma
    The Sun's People Power campaign claims to have switched over 10,000 people through collectives fronted by thebigdeal. Expect to see this in The Sun tomorrow...
    • razord
    • By razord 24th Jan 17, 10:13 AM
    • 64 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    razord
    The Big Deal published the pricing on their blog..

It doesn't look like it's all that incredible of a deal. 13.400p per kwh, rather than 13.467p from their publicly available tariff for me in SWEB.

https://blog.thebigdeal.com/faqs-february-2017-deal-pfp-energy/
    Last edited by razord; 24-01-2017 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Change a word
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 24th Jan 17, 10:42 AM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 2,000 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    Seems to be very similar to their tariff "Together - February 2018 - fixed 44", compared with new tariff name "Together - February 2018 - c24-4" with same end date.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 24th Jan 17, 11:59 AM
    • 1,023 Posts
    • 3,039 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    There is another collective here for the Radio Times
    Looks like another one run by Energy Help Line
    Rhondda Cynon Taf, 4kWp, W roof, 30° pitch, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers. Inst Aug 2015.
    REUK Diverter, Toshiba RAS-10G2KVP-E Ultra High Efficiency Air Conditioner/Heat Pump, Kia Soul EV & 100% Green Electric Tariff.
  • archived user
    E-mail just in:

With your help, we've negotiated a very special deal from an extra special company.

The limited offer opens tomorrow... but we wanted to give you a little tip-off first.

Here are the key details of the deal YOU helped us create (thank you!):

It's from Places for People - a supplier we know and trust.

You could save over £160. [1]

Oh - and you'd also enjoy stellar customer service, because we think you deserve the finer things in life...
    Originally posted by Hengus
    Just got the tariff details in and my spreadsheet shows an increase of £150 per year compared to the deal that I switched to 5 weeks ago: an increase of 15% overall.
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 24th Jan 17, 12:51 PM
    • 1,564 Posts
    • 1,134 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    Seems to be very similar to their tariff "Together - February 2018 - fixed 44", compared with new tariff name "Together - February 2018 - c24-4" with same end date.
    Originally posted by grumpycrab
    Yes, this Big Deal would save me a massive £2.26 per year over the fixed 44 version for electricity only. And still only be the 8th cheapest fixed deal available to me.
    • SamNRG
    • By SamNRG 25th Jan 17, 8:30 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    SamNRG
    Don't be fooled, this collective tariff from the Big Deal has the exact same rates and cost as Places for People's "Together - February 2018 - fixed 43".

Together - February 2018 - fixed 43 was conveniently removed the day before the Big Deal released this collective tariff by the way.
    • pineapple
    • By pineapple 25th Jan 17, 8:40 AM
    • 6,312 Posts
    • 30,275 Thanks
    pineapple
    Don't be fooled, this collective tariff from the Big Deal has the exact same rates and cost as Places for People's "Together - February 2018 - fixed 43".
    Originally posted by SamNRG
    Yes I noticed this. How come this is touted as a special deal when you can get the same rate going direct to their site?
  • archived user

Together - February 2018 - fixed 43 was conveniently removed the day before the Big Deal released this collective tariff by the way.
    Originally posted by SamNRG
    Dont knock it: it might persuade some of the 70% who have never switched to take some action. More savvy switchers will run their own comparisons to see which is the best deal for them on the market based on postcode and usage.
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 25th Jan 17, 9:29 AM
    • 654 Posts
    • 404 Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Hi all

A quick update on MSE's collective plans. Our Cheap Energy Club mailbox has been swamped with questions on this (especially from those whose current collective deal's up soon).

We're trying really hard but with energy prices rising rapidly, it's tough to get providers to play ball. By next week's email we'll either have a deal, or if not, tell you the best thing to do.

I hope that helps.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,103Posts Today

8,197Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This is why I wrote the guide to financial abuse. It's tough to know when it's happening to you. It's also worth? https://t.co/XGI2sI7hOU

• RT @David_Challen: Really happy @MartinSLewis is raising awareness of economic/financial abuse. My mother cleaned her cousins home for poc?

• Has anyone successfully reclaimed PPI on behalf of a deceased relative. I'm doing a blog on how to do it, and I'd? https://t.co/PHXJXCzvc6

• Follow Martin