Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Freezing
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue
    • 26th Dec 14, 9:26 PM
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue 26th Dec 14 at 9:26 PM
    Dear all

I just wanted to give some feed back on the terrible service we have had this Christmas from 24/7 Home Rescue.

Firstly, they are not 24/7 - whist you can make a claim with the engineering company they outsource their work to, you can't actually speak to them directly because they are closed until 5 January 2015! Which company in this day and age is closed for this long without someone being available to contact, especially when the say they are 24/7? I have asked the online "webchat" machine wether they have an emergency number they can contact and all I got was an evasive answer to the effect of "someone will call you soon" presumably when they re-open on 5 January!

Long and short of the story is that we had problems with our boiler. They sent out someone to look at it. This engineer reset the boiler and went on his way. The problems persisted and 24/7 have not sent someone to look at the boiler again as they think the problem is a pressure issue. How would they know this without even looking at the boiler after the problems persisted? Any way, it's a fault with the boiler itself but they won't send anyone out to have a look at it. The boiler has broken down again and when I called the third party engineering line we were told there was a note on the system not to send an engineer out until the dispute was investigated. Problem is, they are closed over Christmas and there is no one we can speak to.

If there was an issue which was genuinely not covered the policy then fine, we would get it fixed. But they they allegedly fixed our boiler then when the problems persisted they said it was a problem with the pressure without even looking at the boiler. Also, pressure isn't specifically excluded from the terms of their service.

I have used both British Gas and Homeserve before and for all their faults, at least you can speak to a person at the company over Christmas. Out of Homeserve and British Gas, I would say Homeserve were the best so will be going back to them.

I am sorry to say that these smaller independent companies really don't provide the same level of service.

Sorry for the rant but I was most disappointed to hear the company left us without cover over Christmas.

We've got the electric heaters on for now!
Page 25
    • GasEngineer
    • By GasEngineer 7th Mar 19, 7:43 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    GasEngineer
    Please lets hear the other side?
    Originally posted by scd3scd4
    I don't trust them so won't say anything about my personal experiences but I do believe there is more than enough reason for them to be investigated by the authorities. In my many years in this trade I have never seen such blatant disregard for everything from the customer to the engineer to the law !! Their aim is to make as much ££££ they can and they make the rules up as they go along while finding any excuse not to pay out for claims .. even to the point they charge for serviceable parts like seals which I have never heard of in my life !!

I left in the end because my own morals wouldn't allow me to be part of it all and they even ripped me off but I wasn't surprised by then.
    • Lepope
    • By Lepope 28th Mar 19, 3:22 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Lepope
    STEER CLEAR AT ALL COSTS! AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE! The only reason I gave them a one star, is because theyíre isnít a zero star rating. The reviews are ALL FAKE! Iíve been a landlord for 25 years and NEVER have I dealt with such a Micky Mouse company in all my life. The best thing thatís happened to me this year is to be free of them. The most stressful, frustrating 6 weeks of my entire life! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
    • gazy345
    • By gazy345 9th Apr 19, 3:11 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    gazy345
    To add weight to all the previous posts on this thread I am also a victim.The terms and conditions of the contract in my opinion seem to be stacked against the consumer with small print interpreted to their advantage... only one winner here and itís not the customer who thought theyíd bought piece of my mind by engaging this insurance.
    My advice if your locked in with these is contact a local engineer for advice before engaging their services and exit the contract at the earliest opportunity!
    It really is time this and other insurers of this nature were both investigated and regulated.

Avoid
    • 247homerescue
      Verified User verified user
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 12th Apr 19, 11:26 AM
    • 105 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    In reponse
    To all concerned,

As MSE is a forum which does not require direct reference numbers for specific cases, we would request that any 247 customer, both past and present, contact us directly at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk in relation to any queries or concerns expressed.

We will not entertain any verbal exchange without full accessibility to the facts.

Alice
    Social media manager
    247 Home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    We are verified representatives of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to queries about the company so that we can help solve issues. You can see our name on the Verified Companies list. We are not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe we are, please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of the company or its products by MSE.
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 12th Apr 19, 1:04 PM
    • 1,107 Posts
    • 988 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    To all concerned,

As MSE is a forum which does not require direct reference numbers for specific cases, we would request that any 247 customer, both past and present, contact us directly at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk in relation to any queries or concerns expressed.

We will not entertain any verbal exchange without full accessibility to the facts.

Alice
    Social media manager
    247 Home Rescue
    Originally posted by 247homerescue

Alice, no one is asking anything from you or 24/7. This thread is for members to express their views, experience or and ask questions. It was not designed for you to camp up.

You are welcome to stay or go at any time. It was 24/7 who asked to be allowed to comment on this thread, not the other way around. We will not entertain your attempt to dominate how this forum/thread is used. Please remember that.

No one is obliged to email you if that don't wish to. Members will use this forum unders MSE rules, not 24/7 ones. They are the facts.
    Last edited by scd3scd4; 12-04-2019 at 1:21 PM.
    • Gary1959
    • By Gary1959 15th Apr 19, 3:49 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gary1959
    Avoid this lot like the plague. I have no heating/hotwater and have to wait until Friday for engineer to come out (its Monday today). Absolutely fuming with 24/7. Engineer came out last Thursday to service boiler he only looked at it and said it's fine,my dog could have told me that !!! I work for the ambulance service and if we treated our patients like 24/7 treat its customers we would be sacked. 24/7 should be renamed 0800-1800 because that is the ONLY time they will come out. Well done 24/7, you have just lost a customer, MUPPETS !!!!!!!!!!
    • animel71
    • By animel71 9th May 19, 1:23 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    animel71
    Update - Going to Court
    Hi, I've just logged on and realised that you replied to my post a while ago. That is correct regarding 8 weeks but unfortunately I received no reply after 8 weeks and was then told that my complaint hadn't been received even though I had a copy of an acknowledgement of my complaint stating there would be an 8 week turn around. I re-sent the complaint and graciously gave yourselves a further 8 weeks in which to reply - unfortunately I again received no reply. I had tried to message you previously through trust pilot as you'd advised to correspond with your personal email address, unfortunately, no reply. This all led to us pursuing a claim through HM Court and Tribunals and we went to mediation, unfortunately no resolution through this. A judge has further looked at our claim and we are both going to court.
    • animel71
    • By animel71 9th May 19, 1:31 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    animel71
    HM Court and Tribunals - make a claim for money online
    Hi, after complaining to 247 Home rescue on numerous occasions, we never received a reply. We then pursued a claim through HM Court and Tribunals online - quite an easy form to complete where you can make a claim for money online, unfortunately I can't post the link as I'm a new user but it's fairly easy to find.

Through this we went to mediation but no resolution achieved so we then completed a directions questionnaire for a judge to look at our claim. They have looked at our claim and we our both going to small claims court in a few months, hope this helps :-)
    • Biscuit Tin
    • By Biscuit Tin 9th May 19, 4:50 PM
    • 301 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    Biscuit Tin
    Hi, after complaining to 247 Home rescue on numerous occasions, we never received a reply. We then pursued a claim through HM Court and Tribunals online - quite an easy form to complete where you can make a claim for money online, unfortunately I can't post the link as I'm a new user but it's fairly easy to find.

Through this we went to mediation but no resolution achieved so we then completed a directions questionnaire for a judge to look at our claim. They have looked at our claim and we our both going to small claims court in a few months, hope this helps :-)
    Originally posted by animel71
    Which county court will the hearing be at?
    Has the court provided you with the actual hearing date yet, and if so, can I enquire as to what that date will be, please

How much has this cost you so far in court fees?

What is the basics of the disagreement between you? (as you understand it)

From your previous posts, I know you were disputing the ongoing contract you had entered into. The contract was costing you £16.23 pm, but you claim that you had cancelled the contract within the cooling off period, so were not liable for ongoing charges.
    Your dispute originally was that the defendant was not replying to you, and presumably disputed you had cancelled within the cooling off period , as they also denied receiving the multiple complaints you seem to have made over this (according to you). Hence you had reached an impasse.

The defendant has openly admitted on this board about 6 months ago the frustration that you seemed to be suffering at that point, about 12 months after you entered into the contract.
    According to that post, the defendant provided you with a generic contact email to make contact with (as opposed to a personal one you claim you were told to use in another place), but you don't seem to have read that post made in January until today. Do we take it you never therefore used that generic email address in an attempt to make contact?

Well now you have both been through the mediation process, what is the position today? Obviously the defendant cannot be still using defence that they are still unaware of your complaint. But are you still claimed to be in contract according to the defendant some 18 months (more or less) after you originally entered into the contract? etc.
    Anything else?
    Last edited by Biscuit Tin; 09-05-2019 at 5:15 PM.
    • animel71
    • By animel71 9th May 19, 8:45 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    animel71
    Court with 247 home rescue
    Hi, so the court will be in Manchester. After my original post regarding 247 taking money from my account for no apparent reason we had further problems, Our boiler broke down and they asked for copy of last service, I said they should have this as we had boiler cover with them the year before, in actual fact they hadn't carried out the annual boiler service that was part of the boiler cover agreement. A lot of chasing them, being told our boiler was 'BER', having to pay the £75, they came out, got it up and running and then had to condemn it as there were cracks in the flue. We'd had a 36 point boiler check with npower just before going with 247 and that was 100%.

Complaint after complaint to which I never received a reply, I put a review on trust pilot, Sam from their social media team advised I correspond with him/her, which I did, no reply. (sorry, I thought it was the same social media address as the one given on this forum but it's actually a different person). Tried European online dispute resolution scheme, they never replied. Claimed for money back through HM Court and Tribunals,(I think I paid £60 court fee for this but you get this back if you win your claim, the system also allows you to claim interest on
    the money they owe you), went to mediation, no resolution, now going to court. We are claiming for a lot more money now, you get all your fees back if you win the case (bar the final £80 paid).

I had logged into this forum recently when I received the court date to see if there were many further complaints about them and noticed that they'd replied to my original post.

Regarding the original payments they had taken from me, after about 12 months, they stated it was for boiler cover that I had at another address, I stated I don't have another address so I just cancelled the direct debit but they have never refunded me for the 4 payments that they took.
    Last edited by animel71; 09-05-2019 at 8:50 PM.
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 10th May 19, 12:11 PM
    • 1,107 Posts
    • 988 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    I issued CC. They phoned me up in days and settled. I got back all my money for issuing the CC. I think it was £30.

It costs them to turn up at a CC.
    Last edited by scd3scd4; 10-05-2019 at 1:59 PM.
    • Benight
    • By Benight 10th May 19, 12:21 PM
    • 313 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    Benight
    I issued CC. They phoned me up in days and settled. I got back all my money for issuing the CC. I think it was £30.

It cost them to turn up at a CC.
    Why did they turn up at any CC if they settled your claim within days of you issuing it?
    • Benight
    • By Benight 10th May 19, 12:37 PM
    • 313 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    Benight
    Hi, so the court will be in Manchester. After my original post regarding 247 taking money from my account for no apparent reason we had further problems, Our boiler broke down and they asked for copy of last service, I said they should have this as we had boiler cover with them the year before, in actual fact they hadn't carried out the annual boiler service that was part of the boiler cover agreement. A lot of chasing them, being told our boiler was 'BER', having to pay the £75, they came out, got it up and running and then had to condemn it as there were cracks in the flue. We'd had a 36 point boiler check with npower just before going with 247 and that was 100%.

Complaint after complaint to which I never received a reply, I put a review on trust pilot, Sam from their social media team advised I correspond with him/her, which I did, no reply. (sorry, I thought it was the same social media address as the one given on this forum but it's actually a different person). Tried European online dispute resolution scheme, they never replied. Claimed for money back through HM Court and Tribunals,(I think I paid £60 court fee for this but you get this back if you win your claim, the system also allows you to claim interest on
    the money they owe you), went to mediation, no resolution, now going to court. We are claiming for a lot more money now, you get all your fees back if you win the case (bar the final £80 paid).

I had logged into this forum recently when I received the court date to see if there were many further complaints about them and noticed that they'd replied to my original post.

Regarding the original payments they had taken from me, after about 12 months, they stated it was for boiler cover that I had at another address, I stated I don't have another address so I just cancelled the direct debit but they have never refunded me for the 4 payments that they took.
    Originally posted by animel71
    When is the your court hearing date?

If I understand you correctly, you are claiming the refund of 4 monthly payments that were made (£16.23 per month) before you cancelled your Direct Debit mandate, as you claim these were not due because you had cancelled the policy under the cooling off procedure (a cancellation that is apparently disputed by the defendant)

So that is a claim for £64.92

How did that accrue a court cost of £60 to make that claim?

What was the other £80 court fees you refer to? Why will you not get that back even if you win your claim?
    Last edited by Benight; 10-05-2019 at 1:03 PM.
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 10th May 19, 2:02 PM
    • 1,107 Posts
    • 988 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Why did they turn up at any CC if they settled your claim within days of you issuing it?
    Originally posted by Benight
    No................they settled in days of the claim being filed. If not they have to turn up at court and that costs them in legal fees or at the very least. Someone's time.

If they don't turn up...............I would still win.

Time is money either way.
    Last edited by scd3scd4; 10-05-2019 at 2:08 PM.
    • Benight
    • By Benight 10th May 19, 3:27 PM
    • 313 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    Benight
    No................they settled in days of the claim being filed. If not they have to turn up at court ....
    You have edited your previous post.

but in response to this latest one, not necessarily.

They can file a defence, or admit the claim in part.
    It's then up to the court to assess the claim, or any part thereof unsettled, and the defence offered to decide if there needs to be a hearing.

Or maybe the court recommends mediation. (often done by phone)

If there is to be a hearing, then there is an additional cost you as the complainant would need to pay. (and then parties would need to attend)

Or the court can give judgement without a hearing (unusual), but perhaps believes the claim, or even less often at this stage, the defence to be without merit.

If they don't turn up...............I would still win.
    Again, not necessarily.

You still have to prove your case to the required burden of proof.
    But as that standard is one of being more probable than not, and with no one countering the claim at the hearing, that standard is often easily met by the time the case gets to a hearing, but not always.
    Last edited by Benight; 10-05-2019 at 3:35 PM.
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 10th May 19, 6:18 PM
    • 1,107 Posts
    • 988 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    You have edited your previous post.

but in response to this latest one, not necessarily.

They can file a defence, or admit the claim in part.
    It's then up to the court to assess the claim, or any part thereof unsettled, and the defence offered to decide if there needs to be a hearing.

Or maybe the court recommends mediation. (often done by phone)

If there is to be a hearing, then there is an additional cost you as the complainant would need to pay. (and then parties would need to attend)

Or the court can give judgement without a hearing (unusual), but perhaps believes the claim, or even less often at this stage, the defence to be without merit.

Again, not necessarily.

You still have to prove your case to the required burden of proof.
    But as that standard is one of being more probable than not, and with no one countering the claim at the hearing, that standard is often easily met by the time the case gets to a hearing, but not always.
    Originally posted by Benight

No, I edited it while I prepared it, not after your post. There is a difference.

I have taken three companies to court by issuing an on line CC.

QVC, TUI and 24/7 Home Rescue. All phoned and settled soon after they received the claim. 100% success rate is not bad.

Lots of things CAN happen, but the reality is they don't. And many people have little to no experience, who offer advise.

Companies like 24/7 play on the fact people are lazy, apathetic or frightened. The time spend defending, mediation and maybe attending court is often not worth a couple of hundred pounds to them.

Of course there are no guarantees but for the price of a claim and 30 minutes on line............its always worth it in my view.
    Last edited by scd3scd4; 10-05-2019 at 9:20 PM.
    • animel71
    • By animel71 10th May 19, 8:29 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    animel71
    Cc
    Oh, that's very helpful, thanks for letting me know , :-)
    • RoxyG
    • By RoxyG 14th Jun 19, 6:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    RoxyG
    Another unhappy customer
    Thank you for your post. I will follow your advise and take 24/7 HR to Court.

For all those that have got nowhere with this company`s claims proceedure, and exhausted all their dispute proceedures,which incidently are a disgrace, simply logon to Money Claims On Line (MCOL). For around £35.00 if the claim is less than £1000, you can set up a case in the small claims court. Make sure you fill in all the forms correctly and provide the court with all the information that they will request once the claim becomes active. In my case as I represented myself the court was sympathetic to me with regard to the fact that I should have sent more information at the outset , but they did allow the case to proceed. (There is help if you are not sure what to do). Make sure you have everything written down and keep all relevant invoices and documents to hand as you are required to make a statement to the presiding judge, and they will need to be viewed .Depending on your location you will be given a choice of courts,however the final choice on venue will be decided by the tribunals service and you may have to travel a short distance .If you feel intimidated by representing yourself the proccedure is very low key and usually in a small room rather than a large court.As I stated in my first post you may have a barrister representing 247 Home Rescue to oppose you, but as i proved if you present an honest account to the court you will win. I feel sure in time 247 Home Rescue will take a more pragmatic view and hopefully settle most cases out of court rather than risk losing financially and more importantly their already tarnished reputation.
    Originally posted by alibee23
    • Mojouk
    • By Mojouk 15th Jun 19, 8:37 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Mojouk
    24/7 cowboys
    Purchased a comprehensive policy and was told by the sales guy that my 15 year old boiler was covered. When i went to make a claim i was told it is not covered and would need to pay a callout fee. wehn i tried to cancel they tell me i cant because im tied in for one year even though their email explicitly states that it is a 30 day rolling contract? to make matters worse, they have charged me for a Service which they did not carry out and charged for adding inhibitor which they did not do and now refusing to refund the money. this is a cowboy outfit so avoid!!!
    • 247homerescue
      Verified User verified user
    • By 247homerescue Verified User verified user 24th Jun 19, 10:03 AM
    • 105 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    247homerescue
    247 Home Rescue
    Dear Roxy G,

We regret to acknowledge that you may have some cause for dissatisfaction. However, we are unable to look into your concerns further without obtaining a relevant reference number to a past or present agreement with us.

We endeavour to provide a thorough investigation upon receipt of any grievance in the hope that we might arrive at a satisfactory resolution.

Please contact me directly at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk.

Kind regards,
    Alice Roberts
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    We are verified representatives of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to queries about the company so that we can help solve issues. You can see our name on the Verified Companies list. We are not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe we are, please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of the company or its products by MSE.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

422Posts Today

5,144Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We hope this'll really shake things up, to create a sea change for those with mental health issues https://t.co/yUTgRVzHeW

• RT @IsabelHardman: This is really good. For all the stuff about noisy rows over the past few days, it?s worth remembering that a lot of abu?

• This is why I wrote the guide to financial abuse. It's tough to know when it's happening to you. It's also worth? https://t.co/XGI2sI7hOU

• Follow Martin