Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 4th Nov 13, 4:20 PM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Ryanair to charge £5 to pick a seat as it ends free-for-all
    • 4th Nov 13, 4:20 PM
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Ryanair to charge £5 to pick a seat as it ends free-for-all 4th Nov 13 at 4:20 PM
    "Ryanair's free-for-all seating policy is to be scrapped from next February..."

Read the full story:

Ryanair to charge £5 to pick a seat as it ends free-for-all

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Page 4
    • azzabazza
    • By azzabazza 16th Jul 14, 11:58 AM
    • 1,057 Posts
    • 2,572 Thanks
    azzabazza
    Think I will give the app a go when I travel in October.

http://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/new-ryanair-app-signals-the-end-of-paper-boarding-passes-30429618.html
    • penguingirl
    • By penguingirl 19th Jul 14, 3:07 PM
    • 1,371 Posts
    • 1,160 Thanks
    penguingirl
    I like the new allocated seats- much less stressful at the airport and saves the ridiculous queues that used to start an hour before the plane had even appeared. On our return flight we joined the queue last week as we both had full sized hand-luggage and wanted to make sure we could be put it overhead, only to be asked by a staff member if we wanted to pop it in the hold and she duly gave us luggage labels. She also confirmed we could take out the items we wanted for the plane (a small cotton bag with tablet, kindles, water etc that was over the handbag size but not chunky). It meant we could sit down again as we had no reason to queue anymore!

My mum and dad did their online check in at an internet cafe 4 days before the flight and were allocated priority Q for some reason.

So far everyone I've heard of has been allocated seats together, which is better than my experiences of Jet2!
    • mattyprice4004
    • By mattyprice4004 20th Jul 14, 5:42 PM
    • 3,990 Posts
    • 3,605 Thanks
    mattyprice4004
    The great thing about Ryanair is that when you're not one of the whingers that can't be bothered finding an Internet cafe and is then stung for £70 in the airport, you get good, reliable flights at a great price.

Only fools play into O'Leary's hands, and kudos to him for managing to attract them and their wallets.

I fly with them a lot - take just hand luggage, check in on my phone and don't pre-allocate. As a result I see the world for the cost of a packet of crisps.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

156Posts Today

2,623Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Snap post #BBCOurNextPM poll: Who do you think did best. (I had to have two in one category, so I picked randoml? https://t.co/gYTNBBn3SP

• Emily Maitliss being v mean to Boris using his own past quotes against him on Heathrow, having an election when lea? https://t.co/4baNAlmMid

• Wow - impressive performance from the 15 year old climate change activist. Not sure I'd have had such confidence when still at school.

• Follow Martin