Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lovesgshp
    • By lovesgshp 6th Jan 11, 6:18 PM
    • 1,332Posts
    • 737Thanks
    lovesgshp
    Ground Source Heat Pumps
    • 6th Jan 11, 6:18 PM
    Ground Source Heat Pumps 6th Jan 11 at 6:18 PM
    If anyone wants info on these, then please let me know, as have had one for over 5 years.
Page 55
    • ChapelBarn
    • By ChapelBarn 2nd Nov 18, 4:30 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ChapelBarn
    Trying to post a picture of the valve but is keeps getting blocked.

However I see the issue - there is a red dial, on my good pump this rotates back and forth when I manually activate and de activate the three way valve setting. This was not happening on the pump I have the issues with.

I have used a screw driver to try to encourage it to move, this seems to have made some difference and having manually activated/de activated a dozen on so times it now appears to move on its own, albeit not as freely as on my other pump. Is this something that can be stripped and cleaned, or anything else to help prevent it sticking.

I'll try and post a picture again.
    • lovesgshp
    • By lovesgshp 2nd Nov 18, 5:15 PM
    • 1,332 Posts
    • 737 Thanks
    lovesgshp
    Just change it, as not worth the effort
    As Manuel says in Fawlty Towers: " I Know Nothing"
    • lovesgshp
    • By lovesgshp 2nd Nov 18, 5:23 PM
    • 1,332 Posts
    • 737 Thanks
    lovesgshp
    sent you a PM
    • beardymarrow
    • By beardymarrow 4th Nov 18, 11:44 AM
    • 147 Posts
    • 125 Thanks
    beardymarrow
    It's worth taking the motor box off the valve to see if that moves OK when activated. Hopefully you'll only need to replace the motor box (actuator) or the valve, not both. Is it an lk or an esbe? Sounds like an lk from your description. The lk is a lot more reliable, so if it is an esbe I'd recommend replacing the whole lot with an lk. I can give you part numbers for what I used on my e11.
    • lovesgshp
    • By lovesgshp 4th Nov 18, 12:32 PM
    • 1,332 Posts
    • 737 Thanks
    lovesgshp
    It is a LK Beardy.
    • sayrosezelle
    • By sayrosezelle 22nd Nov 18, 4:14 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sayrosezelle
    What exactly is Ground Source Heat Pumps? How does it work? It's the first time I've heard this term..
    • alfapat
    • By alfapat 27th Nov 18, 12:59 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    alfapat
    Ok here goes , see if you can help. Firstly had a Samsung system put in by a cowboy outfit that has gone bust since . Turns out it has been badly installed and I didnít need two pumps when one 14kw was all it needed.
    How ever at more expense I have had it all rectified except the Danfoss Tp5000SI is sending correct signals to receiver but not sennding to Samsung controller , it has been ok over the last yr but random.
    Would the receiver be wrongly wired or even more disturbed when second pump removed? Any help appreciated.
    • alfapat
    • By alfapat 27th Nov 18, 2:28 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    alfapat
    Sorry I am talking Air Source heat pumps !
    • Mister G
    • By Mister G 27th Nov 18, 2:31 PM
    • 1,062 Posts
    • 650 Thanks
    Mister G
    Sorry I am talking Air Source heat pumps !
    Originally posted by alfapat
    Perhaps the mods could move your posts to the Air Source sticky?
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 27th Nov 18, 2:51 PM
    • 4,491 Posts
    • 2,872 Thanks
    matelodave
    Here are the set instructions for the Danfoss thermostat which is nothing particularly special in the way that it controls the heating system - it just turns it on and off so you need to ensure that the timings and temperatures are correctly set to suit your requirements.

However that said, has your heatpump got it's own controller and timer which has to be set properly to ensure that the two timers etc dont actually fight with each other.

It's no good the thermostat trying to call for heat if the heatpump has been shut down by it's own timer. You really need to check the how the heatpump controller has been set up to ensure that it can be controlled by an external thermostat and that it's on/off times do actually provide heat when it's called for by the Danfoss stat.

I've got seven TP5000rf stats controlling my Daikin Heatpump but it's easy to adjust the heatpump controller so that nothing actually happens when the stats call for heat. Either by having an incorrect system temperature set or the internal timer shutting the system down at the wrong times.
    Last edited by matelodave; 27-11-2018 at 2:58 PM.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
    • alfapat
    • By alfapat 27th Nov 18, 7:47 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    alfapat
    The controller (SAMSUNG) does seem to respond to whatever the timings have been set by the Danfoss controller/ receiver , nothing has changed with the switch to single AIR source pump.
    Albeit the random interruptions I have mentioned.

I can check that with the book and installer.
    • alfapat
    • By alfapat 27th Nov 18, 8:06 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    alfapat
    I have just checked the Danfoss room stat and it says what is asked on the tin , so to speak.The Stat says 23 which is what its being asked for and the water is at 48.5 (close to max) So this is new ,because for the first time this morning the water was 10 degrees behind., Not happened before! What happens in the next 12 hrs is anyone's guess.
    Are their batteries in the receiver ? (Danfoss rx)
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 27th Nov 18, 8:33 PM
    • 4,491 Posts
    • 2,872 Thanks
    matelodave
    If your thermostat is wireless then there are two AA batteries which need to be changed every couple of years. So it might be an idea to replace them.There aren't any batteries in the receiver module.

Although if it is wireless it might be an idea to see if there's anything near it to cause interference. Something like a wifi router.

Have you checked that the programming is correctly set up for every day and that you've got a full set of on/off sequences. Check that you haven't missed one - it's easy to do especially if you've got 7 day programming enabled.
    • alfapat
    • By alfapat 28th Nov 18, 6:11 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    alfapat
    OK Thanks , Ill carry out these checks.
    Just to add , yes the batteries in the stat are quite new.
    All programmes through the day to late evening are there.
    Curiously it starts with an "A "when I press programme, Ill look that up in the manual.
    Last edited by alfapat; 28-11-2018 at 6:18 AM.
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 28th Nov 18, 6:44 AM
    • 4,491 Posts
    • 2,872 Thanks
    matelodave
    If all else fails you can try the reset button on the thermostat and start again.
    • alfapat
    • By alfapat 28th Nov 18, 5:47 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    alfapat
    Yes , tried reset, after the initial fault ,all previous settings are retained , which they are. So when the following morning and the Sam controller was switched off at 4,30 am completely , I figured that it didnt do any good ,I corrected this by activating the SAM controller on/off several times, now 36 hours further everything seems fine .
    • JHen
    • By JHen 9th Feb 19, 10:13 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    JHen
    My electric cost me £385 last month!!!
    Hi, this is my second time with this question, so apologies for the duplication. My electric bill for the winter months are astronomical. Spring to autumn they are 80-200 and month then the winter month they hit £300-380!! I have an IVT Greenline HY Plus C7M G3. It was serviced by Alto in September 2018. My home only uses electricity (LPG cooker). Admittedly we have quite a lot of tech stuff permanently turned on and we do a lot of washing and tumble drying. How can I determine if it is the IVT that is causing this expense ?
    • beardymarrow
    • By beardymarrow 9th Feb 19, 3:17 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 125 Thanks
    beardymarrow
    Hi JHen,
    I'd recommend getting a husdata statlink so you can monitor all of the parameters on your heatpump. Failing that check the usage and electric cartridge usage over a few days to see how many hours its on for.

Day before yesterday was really cold here and my pump ran for 20hrs Inc 1hr 20 mins of additional electric, and consumed 75kWh, for example (it did hit nearly 100kWh one day in January when we had lots of people here using hot water and it was below freezing all day). Last 30 days my electricity bill was £310. So, I don't personally think that you're too far off (unless you have a 1 bed terrace.
    • JHen
    • By JHen 9th Feb 19, 4:01 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    JHen
    beardymarrow - prompt reply appreciated. I searched for the husdata but I couldn't find any UK sites or english speaking ones. You you have any details. Is it an app or hardware? I think I was kindly given an app from this forum but it was windows based and I only have a mac! How do I get the kWh from the IVT menu ?
    • beardymarrow
    • By beardymarrow 9th Feb 19, 4:48 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 125 Thanks
    beardymarrow
    Hi, you've got the right site http://www.husdata.se/produkter.asp?curr=EURO. There's a button to click top right that changes it to English. It's a cable and software. You can buy a version with a raspberry pi, so you're not using your computer. I don't think you can get kwh from the Ivt, but you can definitely get usage in hours from the menu.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

8Posts Today

4,652Users online

Martin's Twitter