Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 2nd Aug 17, 12:40 PM
    • 13,895Posts
    • 43,204Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 2nd Aug 17, 12:40 PM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 2nd Aug 17 at 12:40 PM
    It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 314th page.

Thanks to 3010 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that 3010 very kindly posted on the old thread so I have copied it here. .

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4742377

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 114
    • custardy
    • By custardy 26th May 19, 11:21 AM
    • 34,547 Posts
    • 29,281 Thanks
    custardy
    I don't know how many people participate in the main surveys at any one time but it does seem to me that with more and more sub post offices in danger of closing it,s going to become increasingly difficult to find enough participants who will be able to access them easily to post the cubes.

It,s one thing being able to post a Jiffy bag into a post box but cubes can,t be handled in this way and if Royal Mail keep closing rural or auburn post offices participants will no longer be able to fulfil the demands of the survey through no fault of their own, especially those who work and therefore have their movement times restricted.
    Originally posted by Primrose
    Sigh.
    Remember when RM was privitised in 2013 and the Post Office is state owned?
    How do you see a private RM closing state owned Post Offices?
    • quoia
    • By quoia 26th May 19, 11:15 PM
    • 13,220 Posts
    • 141,670 Thanks
    quoia
    I don't know how many people participate in the main surveys at any one time but it does seem to me that with more and more sub post offices in danger of closing it,s going to become increasingly difficult to find enough participants who will be able to access them easily to post the cubes.

It,s one thing being able to post a Jiffy bag into a post box but cubes can,t be handled in this way and if Royal Mail keep closing rural or suburban post offices participants will no longer be able to fulfil the demands of the survey through no fault of their own. This applies especially those who work and therefore have their movement times restricted.
    Only a matter of time ....

Posting parcels looks set to get easier from August as Royal Mail announces the launch of new parcel postboxes across the UK.

After a successful trial in 2018, Royal Mail will open 1,400 parcel postboxes over a six-month period, starting from August.

The postboxes will open in more than 30 towns and cities including London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield as well as Chester, Warrington, Southampton, Norwich, Peterborough and Truro.

The change will enable individuals and small businesses to post parcels in the same way as they would post a letter.

Postage needs to be paid for in advance using Royal Mail’s online service. It will also be possible for consumers to post some bar-coded returns parcels without queuing up in a post office.

Mark Street, head of campaigns at Royal Mail, says: “The wide scale introduction of parcel postboxes is one of the many ways we at Royal Mail are looking to make the lives of our customers easier.

"The parcel postboxes trial last year was a success, and we hope that the wider roll-out gives added flexibility to online sellers who might be running a business in their spare time and not keeping regular office hours.”

The introduction of the parcel postboxes is the first major change to the UK’s postbox system in 160 years.

The first postboxes opened in Jersey in 1852 and were rolled out across the UK the following year by Anthony Trollope, novelist and senior GPO executive.

Here's the full list of where parcel boxes will be introduced:

*Aberdeen

* Belfast

* Birmingham

* Bournemouth

* Bristol

* Cardiff

* Carlisle

* Chelmsford

* Chester

* Croydon

* Edinburgh

* Exeter

* Glasgow

* Greenford

* Inverness

* Leeds

* London Central

* Manchester

* Newcastle

* Norwich

* Peterborough

* Poole

* Preston

* Plymouth

* Romford

* Sheffield

* Southamption

* Swansea

* Swindon

* Truro

* Warrington
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•Ώ•)›
    ‹(•Ώ•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
    • LalalaLindy
    • By LalalaLindy 27th May 19, 8:48 AM
    • 71 Posts
    • 591 Thanks
    LalalaLindy
    Bit of a delayed response to joeyjimbles, but I also reuse the polystyrene inside cubes. Hopefully it helps to stop them squishing quite so easily and makes it seem like there is actually something inside (maybe)
    LBM 23/09/13 - DFD 08/10/17
    • Venezia
    • By Venezia 27th May 19, 8:58 AM
    • 752 Posts
    • 5,542 Thanks
    Venezia
    Bit of a delayed response to joeyjimbles, but I also reuse the polystyrene inside cubes. Hopefully it helps to stop them squishing quite so easily and makes it seem like there is actually something inside (maybe)
    Originally posted by LalalaLindy
    I usually say that it is a polystyrene model inside the parcel when asked.
    • joeyjimbles
    • By joeyjimbles 27th May 19, 12:41 PM
    • 1,823 Posts
    • 10,008 Thanks
    joeyjimbles
    Last week I received no post from the survey at all - not one piece - I got my posting pack for a couple of weeks time, but nothing else. Very odd.
    • Money_Grabber13579
    • By Money_Grabber13579 27th May 19, 12:59 PM
    • 3,008 Posts
    • 1,485 Thanks
    Money_Grabber13579
    Same here, I didn’t get anything either. But I must be coming to the end of my stint (must have been on it about 5 months now) and I got floods of mail at the start, before it tailed off.

So I suspect that must be intentional, because if receiving something means that someone else has to send something (with the odd exception where it is sent centrally), that must mean that if some people are receiving more than they are sending, there must be others receiving less than they are sending. Which happened to be us last week, who received nothing.
    Northern Ireland club member No 382
    • jtz
    • By jtz 28th May 19, 9:27 AM
    • 1,429 Posts
    • 12,728 Thanks
    jtz
    Can I still apply for this?
    • redagila
    • By redagila 28th May 19, 12:36 PM
    • 4,503 Posts
    • 15,116 Thanks
    redagila
    Can I still apply for this?
    Originally posted by jtz

Try phoning their helpline on 0800 015 3150.
    • Lavandergirl
    • By Lavandergirl 28th May 19, 4:08 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    Lavandergirl
    I stopped for this very reason, only one sub office and regular staff
    • molerat
    • By molerat 29th May 19, 12:17 PM
    • 20,776 Posts
    • 15,052 Thanks
    molerat
    On the news feed
    Do not write on the outside of your sender items. Even just a date or time of posting can identify a test item to Royal Mail and so harm the integrity of the survey. Let us know if you receive an item that has been written on so we can contact the sender.
    Yeah right !
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • redagila
    • By redagila 29th May 19, 4:52 PM
    • 4,503 Posts
    • 15,116 Thanks
    redagila
    Is everyone up to date with receiving their £2 L2S vouchers for cubes, etc?
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 29th May 19, 6:04 PM
    • 63,826 Posts
    • 283,207 Thanks
    beanielou
    Originally posted by redagila
    No, waiting as usual
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • GetRealBabe
    • By GetRealBabe 29th May 19, 6:27 PM
    • 2,197 Posts
    • 2,424 Thanks
    GetRealBabe
    Hello

Takes about 4 weeks and I'm still waiting as well.
    Last edited by GetRealBabe; 29-05-2019 at 6:28 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 014-Finally got a signature.

• tomvox
    • By tomvox 31st May 19, 5:59 PM
    • 128 Posts
    • 105 Thanks
    tomvox
    Got my £2 today for posting a Cube w/c 29th April.
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 3rd Jun 19, 11:12 AM
    • 2,346 Posts
    • 2,088 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    Received the most squished cube I've ever seen today, think it could have gone through as a large letter it was so flat!
    • Primrose
    • By Primrose 3rd Jun 19, 6:26 PM
    • 8,701 Posts
    • 30,602 Thanks
    Primrose
    Maybe somebody couldn,t get to a post office to hand it over so ran the car over it sonthey could post it into a letter box instead!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 3rd Jun 19, 9:21 PM
    • 63,826 Posts
    • 283,207 Thanks
    beanielou
    Maybe somebody couldn,t get to a post office to hand it over so ran the car over it sonthey could post it into a letter box instead!

May try that
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 4th Jun 19, 10:36 AM
    • 2,346 Posts
    • 2,088 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    Anyone else had this message? I always try to put in the correct time but sometimes I don't actually have a watch or phone on me to check!

Dear Panellist, We’ve noticed that you are logging all your posting times to the nearest five minutes on Postal Platform. Can you please whenever possible log the exact time of posting? The Platform allows you to do so to the nearest minute. Royal Mail provides us with the exact time of each collection from your posting points. This is usually not the same time as the last collection time displayed, and so we need your posting times also to be exact in order to confirm when your items are collected and begin their journey. We appreciate this may not be possible in all instances. If occasionally you cannot provide the exact time of posting, please round the time up to the nearest 5 minutes. If you use our mobile app at your posting points, the app will log the exact time for you. Thanks for your continued support. Kind regards, The Postal Panels Team
    • General Grant
    • By General Grant 4th Jun 19, 1:19 PM
    • 986 Posts
    • 980 Thanks
    General Grant
    Just got email for Unaddressed Mail Survey. Amazing. Logged in and the invitation was still there. Unfortunately it starts in the first week of the first holiday I've had for three years!
    • Primrose
    • By Primrose 4th Jun 19, 3:33 PM
    • 8,701 Posts
    • 30,602 Thanks
    Primrose
    You're lucky my invitation had already disappeared within 5 minutes of my receiving and opening my email !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,785Posts Today

7,720Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LeedsWomensAid: We are pleased to see @MartinSLewis raising awareness about the important issue of financial abuse. Have a read of his?

• Didn't get your MSE weekly email today - for some reason Microsoft (inc outlook hotmail) filed many as spam so chec? https://t.co/GH6aH9CBTn

• RT @Gumtree: @MartinSLewis Hi Martin, we do not tolerate unscrupulous advertising by third parties on the Gumtree platform and are working?

• Follow Martin