Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hello19
    • By hello19 26th May 19, 3:49 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 3Thanks
    hello19
    DRO and employment
    • 26th May 19, 3:49 PM
    DRO and employment 26th May 19 at 3:49 PM
    I'm still in the process of sending my application to SC. SC has asked if I am employed. I am. Do I really need to put my employer's name and address down? I prefer not to as I am worried they contact them about my debt. I work for a pharmaceutical company, therefore, the debt won't really affect my job, but I'm just worried about all the shame that comes along with having debt.

Thanks
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 26th May 19, 10:55 PM
    • 17,415 Posts
    • 16,417 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 26th May 19, 10:55 PM
    • 26th May 19, 10:55 PM
    Hi,

No one contacts your employer or anyone else, have you not heard of the General data protection regulation ?

You have to provide the information requested if you want a DRO.

The information is private, why would you think otherwise ?
    There is no shame in being in debt, most people are, you are been responsible and are using a recognised way to get yourself debt free, so forget about your scruples, get the forms filled in and submitted, and within a short space of time, you will be on the road to debt freedom.
    Last edited by sourcrates; 26-05-2019 at 10:58 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".

Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,791Posts Today

8,111Users online

Martin's Twitter