PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Options

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In: minced beef
    Out: spaghetti, HM ratatouille, parmesan, cupasoup
    Used up: cottage cheese, coleslaw, cooked ham
  • dannie
    dannie Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just one small fridge content purchased since last Sunday although awaiting an online (food) grocery order today. Will be assessing how far I am, towards having just one freezer drawer full, at the end of this Sunday.
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    I've not been keeping a good record but from memory:

Out: RTC pizza, salmon fillet, still using up cherries, blackcurrants and blackberries a handful a day, handful of prawns, last of the RTC green beans
    In: Nothing
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In: pork steaks
    Out: cupasoup
    Used up: mini wraps, Belgian sausage
  • abbe89
    abbe89 Posts: 289 Forumite
    Options
    Having a meal plan that I'm sticking to religiously is definitely helping clear things out!

Since my last update, I've used up 1x portion of chicken soup, 1 x pasta bake ready meal, 1 x packet of ready cooked lentils, 1 x pack of microwave rice, 3 x mini philadelphia tubs, 2 x the ends of bags of pasta, 1 tub of ice cream

Had quite a lot of fresh stuff to use up this week, so there will be even more cupboard/freezer clearing next week and I'm loving it!
  • dannie
    dannie Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The grocery order arrived yesterday. Much of it were UHT milk and store cupboard items, some for the fridge and none went into the freezer (yet). Keep using up small portions of blackcurrants and blackberries that are freezer stored.
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 12 October 2018 at 8:51AM
    Options
    Felt a little less pain yesterday so popped up to Aldi, for eggs and a bottle of gingerbread flavoured gin, picked up 2 packs of y.s. drumsticks and thighs, cooked them in I.P. and will portion pack, 2 packs of y.s. wagu meatballs.
    IN cooked chicken, 24 wagu meatballs, nearly forgot 4 red pepper tarts reduced in freezer section.
    OUT pork chop.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • Olliebeak1951
    Olliebeak1951 Posts: 386 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 12 October 2018 at 3:22PM
    Options
    OUT of freezer - Minced Beef and Mixed Veg to make 'Savoury Mince' for tonight's meal.
    OUT of fridge - 2 sticks of Celery / 1 Leek (left over from L&P Soup) / 1/4 Savoy Cabbage - remainder wrapped in clingfilm as not sure if I can 'freeze' it. Anybody any ideas?
  • Olliebeak1951
    Olliebeak1951 Posts: 386 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 12 October 2018 at 3:38PM
    Options
    pamsdish wrote: »
    Felt a little less pain yesterday so popped up to Aldi, for eggs and a bottle of gingerbread flavoured gin, picked up 2 packs of y.s. drumsticks and thighs, cooked them in I.P. and will portion pack, 2 packs of y.s. wagu meatballs.
    IN cooked chicken, 24 wagu meatballs, nearly forgot 4 red pepper tarts reduced in freezer section.
    OUT pork chop.

Lucky lady :j - I NEVER see anything reduced in my nearest Aldi :(.
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lucky lady :j - I NEVER see anything reduced in my nearest Aldi :(.

They`ve changed the labels for food reductions now, it`s a red strip going across product.
    Do I need it or just want it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure