Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 4th Sep 07, 11:29 AM
    • 8,115Posts
    • 42,285Thanks
    MSE Martin
    0 WOW
    Free Game of the Week: Chuckie Egg
    • 4th Sep 07, 11:29 AM
    0 WOW
    Free Game of the Week: Chuckie Egg 4th Sep 07 at 11:29 AM
    This is the all-time classic 80s computer game, Chuckie Egg. The aimís to make the little yellow man, Hen-House Harry, collect the twelve eggs positioned in each level.Though watch out for the scary giant bird flying down to get you and be warned Ė itís maddeningly addictive!

Link to Game: Chuckie Egg

P.S. If you know of any other free games that you think MoneySavers might appreciate email: freegame@moneysavingexpert.com

Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
Page 2
  • magic49
    Thanks Martin, and also thank you for the birthday message.
  • jenniewrennie
    Where's the "how to play" instructions I've not played this before. I'm using the arrow keys but I don't know how to get up the stepped bit!
    Even a bargain costs money!
  • Spikie_01
    Where's the "how to play" instructions I've not played this before. I'm using the arrow keys but I don't know how to get up the stepped bit!
    Originally posted by jenniewrennie
    Space Bar to Jump!!!!
    Saving for a lovely summer holiday. Will it be Evesham or Egypt???
  • pontyendred
    brilliant Martin. I remember playing this as a kid on my spectrum 48k - forgotten just how addictive it was though
    • lucinad
    • By lucinad 6th Sep 07, 10:47 AM
    • 4,279 Posts
    • 168,300 Thanks
    lucinad
    Brings it all back when you had to wait 45 mins to load a game, only to find the volume on the casete player was not at the correct level!!!!!!
    Originally posted by mbam
    ha ha ha yes exactly it was a nightmare...sometime you had to re load again as well as soon as you died (like 3 mins into game)!! arghhhhhhh. We had some that played the american national anthem whilst loading which was better than the random high pitched squeals other games made.
    June wins: bubble bags
    completed: FB/TW/WEB/CTW/MD/IN Email: 454/1000; Gleam: 400/1000; Raff: 239/1000;
  • deaks
    Thanks NOT!
    I cannot beleive how addictive this game is, stuck at Level 4 and driving me mad!! LOL - much better than the new stuff my kids play - although I'm still crap, at least I can understand this one - I feel a family tournament coming on this weekend!!

Think I will set myself up as the TimeWastingExpert - delete this link from my computer someone!!

Martin, this is NOT money saving! - I will need a cleaner, ironer and cook soon if I don't stop playing - LOL
    Last edited by deaks; 06-09-2007 at 2:54 PM.
    • gerturdeanna
    • By gerturdeanna 6th Sep 07, 8:16 PM
    • 4,253 Posts
    • 21,109 Thanks
    gerturdeanna
    Does anyone remember a game called Granny's Garden? It seem to remember it was on a floppy disc thing that you had to put in the machine and make sure the latch was down to hold it in!! That game was great!! Chucky egg is a great childhood favourite!
    Made it - 15 years married!! Finally!! xx

• batvink
    • By batvink 6th Sep 07, 8:42 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    batvink
    I'm officially a geek. I can remember the order in which you have to collect the eggs for the first four levels!

One thing to say to you Martin, and only those that played games when Chuckie first came out will understand it - 1 up!
    Thanks in advance,

Steve V
  • Stephen Leak
    I remember this one, too. Unfortunately, not from my childhood!
    • Mark_Hastings
    • By Mark_Hastings 7th Sep 07, 10:11 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mark_Hastings
    Brings it all back when you had to wait 45 mins to load a game, only to find the volume on the casete player was not at the correct level!!!!!!
    Originally posted by mbam
    Great I STILL have an Acorn Electron AND this game, along with the classic Elite. I bought a special tape recorder wich had treble setting in addition to Vol control and that helped. mid you Elite too ages so equally miffed when it failed after 1 hour of loading! when fun time they were!
    Regular Moneysaver
  • jungleduckling
    Thanking you muchly Sir ...
  • crutchlow
    If anyone would like me to recreate any of the other bbc classics in flash then please let me know, i'd prefer to recreate a game people will play.

Also note that for the repton games you can skip to any level you like by clicking on the 0 in the red box and using the arrow keys to move the number up a level. I sould really provide some instructions for those games.

Neil.
    • Mark_Hastings
    • By Mark_Hastings 15th Sep 07, 10:42 AM
    • 53 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mark_Hastings
    If anyone would like me to recreate any of the other bbc classics in flash then please let me know, i'd prefer to recreate a game people will play.

Also note that for the repton games you can skip to any level you like by clicking on the 0 in the red box and using the arrow keys to move the number up a level. I sould really provide some instructions for those games.

Neil.
    Originally posted by crutchlow
    If you could recreate Elite that would be good!

I get a fault when playing Chuckie Egg. My sound stops working and it doesnt restart when you lose a life! The only way to get it working again is to reboot PC! I also dont know how you restart Repton when you are trapped!
    Regular Moneysaver
    • bella165
    • By bella165 16th Sep 07, 10:22 PM
    • 12,881 Posts
    • 371,876 Thanks
    bella165
    i love this game the kids and me play it every day another good place is playaholics.com loads of cool games to play
    Replies to posts are always welcome, if they are done in the correct manner. If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • crutchlow
    As I've recieved many requests for logging of score/level achieved for these games, I've just added a section where you can register and compare your score with other users. So now when you play chuckie egg you can see how far you got.

Neil.
  • Cotku
    The link has stopped working. All the HTML links are to a local hard drive...

I'd better dig out my Amstrad CPC6128 and 3" disks full of games again...
    Not in debt
    Saving water and power.
    Going green with the green house.
    Still driving though...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,381Posts Today

6,502Users online

Martin's Twitter