Yorkshire Energy Feedback

regglad
regglad Posts: 14 Forumite
I wondered whether anybody had any feedback regarding Yorkshire Energy.
They have some excellent reviews on TrustPilot (perhaps too good, cynic that I am).

Comments

• bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,084 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    regglad wrote: »
    I wondered whether anybody had any feedback regarding Yorkshire Energy.
    They have some excellent reviews on TrustPilot (perhaps too good, cynic that I am).

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5876071&page=5&highlight=yorkshire+energy
  • regglad
    regglad Posts: 14 Forumite
    Many thanks for your link - in my defence, I did a search first but couldn't see any reference to YE.
  • Lisi299
    Lisi299 Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Yes love them! They ask for a read each month and produce a bill within 10 mins so I always know where I am. However, first payment comes out on ur start date which is a pain!
  • The switch over was easy and quick with no issues what so ever. The monthly billing is simple, all they ask from you is to submit a meter reading in order to keep the account accurate. As soon as they realised that I was building a credit, the quickly adjusted the DD downwards to correct matters. They respond quickly to any contact. The only thing that was not clear was that they take the first DD payment up front but other than that I would give them an A rating.
  • I could not believe how easy the switch was: just two days after providing energy readings. Prior to switching, the telephone response to one or two questions I had was swiftly answered in a polite and friendly manner. It is now a matter of waiting for a refund from my previous supplier.
  • meldrew56
    meldrew56 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 September 2019 at 8:53PM
    Good prices and good reviews, seemed too good to be true. Joined YE and was told to watch out for welcome emails. After one week was told they couldn't find my application, was told the plan I signed up for was no longer available but there was another slightly more expensive one with exit fee, I said I would go elsewhere but then they did find my application ( no one had actioned it so that's how much they value your custom) which they let me have and said he would give me £15 credit for the inconvenience ( two customer reps have told me this is unlikely to happen). It has taken around six weeks for them to get in touch about this matter but I missed the call I have asked them to get in touch again so let's see.
    I telephoned my opening reads into them to save any confusion with night and day reads I even confirmed the reads about a week later. I then had a email saying because I hadn't given my reads in time they would use "industry standards" to estimate them. Another phone call confirmed they had got the reads and again it seemed no one could be bothered to enter them on the system, got that sorted the reads we're correct on the online portal so I have just sent my first reads and my bill now shows the day and night reads have been reversed. After sending photos of the meter and reads they are now, I think, trying to say its my meter that us the wrong way round. Eon, Scottish power, have had no problem with my meter they could tell the difference between the day and night figures. Also they don't call back when they say they will I have sent a email asking for confirmation on something which has not warranted a reply so you make your own mind up, cheaper is not always better. God knows how they have got such a high rating. Just hope they can redeem themselves by getting this matter sorted quick, I am not hopeful nor impressed .
  • Talldave
    Talldave Posts: 2,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Yorkshire Energy don't have an app?
  • Sorry meant the online portal
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts