talktalk mid term contract increases

Options
I have had an essential sim since I changed over to fibre with talktalk. It suits me fine as I hardly use any of my minutes/text or web access. I do hear quite often on the radio the talktalk adverts claiming that you do not get any increase in your bill mid term which sounds great. That wa until I received an email informing that they are streamlining their mobile service and that a charge of £3 would now be made for the essential sim or I coould take advantage of a great offer and change over to O2 for the same £3 charge.

Well if that is not an increase mid term on my fibre contract, then I fail to understand what is.

I have been faithful to talktalk for ten years now and this is how they treat customers

James

Comments

• TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi James,

We want you to get the best service possible, so we’re ending our TalkTalk mobile plans to focus on offering the best possible fibre, broadband and TV. We’ve teamed up with O2 to bring you a fantastic mobile deal, but if you have any concerns at all, please drop my team a line on Twitter (@TalkTalk) and we'll put you in touch with our Mobile Team to discuss the best options for you.

Thanks,
    Becky - TalkTalk Social Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Well if that is not an increase mid term on my fibre contract, then I fail to understand what is.

Surely it's an increase to the mobile phone element rather than the actual fibre BB?
  • linni
    linni Posts: 1,480 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree with the OP, my sim is free with my contract and now it's going to be £3.00
  • geoffW
    geoffW Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm not pleased either, I have just renewed my contract because of the free Essential SIM then they send me an email to say it's going up to £3pm but can't cancel my BB because the mobile SIM is a separate deal but it came with the BB.
    I will remember though at the end of my contract.
  • Laverda
    Options
    Same here. Received an email from TalkTalk yesterday about this increase. Absolutely incensed with the increase. I only renewed 6 weeks ago. Stitched me right up with a two year contract. Explained when renewal that I considered the free sim was integral to the deal and one of the main reasons I was renewing. No mention from the operative of planned price increase. I renewed with TalkTalk because I thought they were an ethical and reputable company that did not put it prices up mid-contract. I have formally complained about their unethical conduct and will never forget the way they have treated me and stitched me up. Bad move TalkTalk you have lost a customer for life.
  • yeoldecrier
    yeoldecrier Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    TalkTalk wrote: »
    Hi James,

We want you to get the best service possible, so we’re ending our TalkTalk mobile plans to focus on offering the best possible fibre, broadband and TV. We’ve teamed up with O2 to bring you a fantastic mobile deal, but if you have any concerns at all, please drop my team a line on Twitter (@TalkTalk) and we'll put you in touch with our Mobile Team to discuss the best options for you.

Thanks,
    Becky - TalkTalk Social Team

Thanks Becky, but you miss the point.
    The essential simm was part of the contract when I signed up for fibre. It was not a mobile contract as I already had two mobile contracts with talktalk. This was a bonus bundled with the fibre contract.
    And now talktalk have added a cost to an existing contract making that a mid contract increase, the one thing talktalk make a big thing about in their advertising.

I don't care if talktalk are restructuring their mobile, its the customer that is made to pay.

Awful service from what was a very good supplier.

I will seriously looking to change supplier

james
  • yeoldecrier
    yeoldecrier Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    mije1983 wrote: »
    Surely it's an increase to the mobile phone element rather than the actual fibre BB?

Actually it is bundled as part of the fibre contract as an addon at no extra charge.

It is not a seperate contract so talktalk are increasing their prices mid term and trying to disguse it as a great bundle with o2 which is a contradiction anycase. How can it be great for a) its with o2 and b) it is now going to cost extra.

I already had 2 mobiles with them, I hardly used my mobile so this was a great addon and incentive to stay with talktalk.

Not sure I will at contract renewal
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The essential simm was part of the contract when I signed up for fibre. It was not a mobile contract as I already had two mobile contracts with talktalk. This was a bonus bundled with the fibre contract.

The most accurate statement you've made on this thread, it was a bonus..

They've not increased your BB at all, they're merely OFFERED YOU (not forced) a good deal on the O2 network (which has all sorts of advantages over TalkTalk's mobile offering.

You need to request a PAC in any case (even if moving to O2) so it's entirely up to you who you choose.

The part about it not being a mobile contract despite not actually paying for it is just pure nonsense, things change, welcome to the real world.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Actually it is bundled as part of the fibre contract

It might be 'part' of the fibre contract, but TTs advertising says no increase on broadband not no increases on the whole contract.

How can it be great for a) its with o2

What's wrong with O2?
  • chris_shaw
    Options
    This cannot be correct. I too have been informed that I will have to pay £3 for my SIM. My contract from TT dated 4 jan 2017 clearly states that with FAST BROADBAND with TV I can have an ESSENTIAL SIM as standard and "More Reasons to choose TALKTALK" ESSENTIAL SIM INCLUDED AS STANDARD.
    This is surely false representation of advertising. I too will be terminating all contracts with TALKTALK as a matter of principle. TALKTALK are not going to treat me like this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure