PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Comments

• GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    maryb wrote: »
    I hadn't heard of the Icebreaker merino crew necks before. Want one!!

I really like the Breton stripe one, that would look smart under a jacket or cardigan but so warm

I will keep my eyes open but I suspect deals like yours are unique!
    :) I suspect so. I literally could not believe my eyes, this chazzer is the clearance house for a small regional chain of chazzers, so once the stock has been around all half-dozen of their stores, it comes to the Everything 50p chazzer. And no one else snapped it up?! Madness.

:o Umm, hope I haven't inspired a spending spree on Icebreaker kit? It's lovely and long-lasting but it ain't cheap.

Still, as I recall a young man who lived a mainly outdoorsy life and whose home was his car, saying to me ; I don't have much but what I do own is good quality.

Makes sense to me.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I keep reminding myself I'm on the not buying clothes thread.

(But they're not really clothes are they? They're Equipment)

I think I'd better shut the pooter down NOW!
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • Just restocked on TP (63 rolls) and Kitchen Paper (16 rolls). :)
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Ummm
    It will still be an apple i.e. the same species.
    But not the same variety or cultivar, unless it's self fertile. The same applies to most living things!
  • maryb it might be worth looking at Kemps Woolshop for fine merino, their stock changes all the time but occasionally you can find something lovely and bargainous.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • maryb
    Thanks Maratha and AofD for the tips on sourcing wool. Deramores didn't have anything so I was A bit stumped
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • I've just rediscovered a really heavy real sheepskin jacket that had been left in the loft when DD1 moved into her house (it has been hanging on a rail in the store room and I'd forgotten it). It's in perfect condition and just needs new buttons which I thought I'd bought for it but couldn't find.....until yesterday when I opened a small tin from one of my dressing table drawers that I keep 'bits' in and there they were. It's very heavy and next time we have very cold weather I know I'll be snug and warm when I walk the dog. I also have real sheepskin gloves and mittens and a real sheepskin Cossack hat and they are amazingly warm when it's very cold. Good investment is real sheepskin, I know it's expensive but it doesn't wear out easily and is worth the outlay. I was lucky enough to get a pair of Shepherd of Sweden sheepskin slippers for Christmas, they have the fleece inside and a hard rubber compound sole so I can wear them if I pop outside onto the patio for anything and again they are really blissfully warm and make for comfortable feet.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    How lovely Lyn :) Warm and cosy when walking Cookie!
  • maryb
    Love sheepskin, so warm. I have some sheepskin gloves which saved my life when I was commuting regularly and waiting on icy platforms. But the only thing that put me off getting a sheepskin jacket was the thought of how to clean it. Judging by my gloves I thought it was likely to discolour where I put my hands in my pockets and would be hard to keep looking nice. Have you any tips?
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    I have just perused the website you speak of Lyn. Oh my. Oh my. I have two pairs of slipper from Christmas so I will have to wear them out but it won't take long because they're from Primark. I too have to have a sole purely for wandering to the bin outdoors. Can you remind me of the other place you used to get your sheepskin slippers from?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure