Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 2nd Jun 16, 12:48 PM
    • 7,935Posts
    • 13,420Thanks
    Dreamnine
    The post I didn't want to write: I have lymphoma.
    • 2nd Jun 16, 12:48 PM
    The post I didn't want to write: I have lymphoma. 2nd Jun 16 at 12:48 PM
    From last Monday to 8:00 am this morning when I abruptly quit, I was in the Western General Hospital's urology dept. undergoing tests. I never do well in hospitals and, just like last time, the morphine, tramadol and finally oxycodone pills gave me terrible hallucinations and delusions. I could barely eat or sleep, concentrate or enjoy any part of the experience.

Underwent various tests - the final one of which (this Wednesday, I'm not excluded) should give me an idea of the type of lymphona and appropriate treatment.

I knew I had been out of sorts since just after the new year. Still, despite it being a sunny afternoon I know I'll get 4 hours straight until the pain starts again. Saw my G.P. this morning and am seeing her again tomorrow first thing.

None of this I find particularly surprising, or sad; it's simply part of life.
    Last edited by Dreamnine; 06-06-2016 at 4:27 PM.
    I shot a vein in my neck and coughed up a Quaalude.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
Page 1
    • Tigsteroonie
    • By Tigsteroonie 2nd Jun 16, 1:03 PM
    • 22,778 Posts
    • 57,159 Thanks
    Tigsteroonie
    • 2nd Jun 16, 1:03 PM
    • 2nd Jun 16, 1:03 PM
    (((Hugs)))
    Last edited by Tigsteroonie; 05-06-2016 at 1:33 PM.
    Mrs Marleyboy

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

Proud Parents to an Au-some son
    • bluebeary
    • By bluebeary 2nd Jun 16, 1:52 PM
    • 7,319 Posts
    • 13,798 Thanks
    bluebeary
    • 2nd Jun 16, 1:52 PM
    • 2nd Jun 16, 1:52 PM
    r I'm so sad to read this, I hope your coping ok, here for you if you want to chat/ rant whatever

h xxx
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 2nd Jun 16, 1:59 PM
    • 8,316 Posts
    • 33,636 Thanks
    Flick216
    • 2nd Jun 16, 1:59 PM
    • 2nd Jun 16, 1:59 PM

I'm so sorry.

I was going to do the hug smilie - but it's a very dodgy looking hug!
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots

Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
    • helcat26
    • By helcat26 2nd Jun 16, 2:00 PM
    • 1,068 Posts
    • 2,787 Thanks
    helcat26
    • 2nd Jun 16, 2:00 PM
    • 2nd Jun 16, 2:00 PM
    Really sorry to hear.
    I hope that you get good treatment.
    best wishes to you
    • fussypensioner
    • By fussypensioner 2nd Jun 16, 2:18 PM
    • 2,737 Posts
    • 6,374 Thanks
    fussypensioner
    • 2nd Jun 16, 2:18 PM
    • 2nd Jun 16, 2:18 PM
    From last Monday to 8:00 am this morning when I abruptly quit, I was in the Western General Hospital's urology dept. undergoing tests. I never do well in hospitals and, just like last time, the morphine, tramadol and finally oxycodone pills gave me terrible hallucinations and delusions. I could barely eat or sleep, concentrate or enjoy any part of the experience.

Underwent various tests - the final one of which (this Wednesday, I'm not excluded) should give me an idea of the type of lymphona and appropriate treatment.

I knew I had been out of sorts since just after the new year. Still, despite it being a sunny afternoon I know I'll get 4 hours straight until the pain starts again. Saw my G.P. this morning and am seeing her again tomorrow first thing.

None of this I find particularly surprising, or sad; it's simply part of life.
    Originally posted by Dreamnine

That's an amazingly strong thing to say.

My sister in law fought breast cancer for 10 years, she always used to say: I don't ask why me, I say why not me I'm no different to anyone else.

She was so brave and positive.

Your reaction will stand you in good stead. X
    Holding back the years...
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 2nd Jun 16, 2:32 PM
    • 3,697 Posts
    • 16,113 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    • 2nd Jun 16, 2:32 PM
    • 2nd Jun 16, 2:32 PM
    Wow, love the more positive view on the situation, I hope that this will continue through whatever steps are ahead, if there is any slight faltering, just nip on here and we will stand on the step below, gently propping you up.

However, your comment about abruptly quitting has conjured an image in my head of you flouncing out, in your nylon () flowery nightie, willowing, again nylon, dressing gown and sensible slippers. The static electricity must be terrible
    A smile costs little but creates much
    • bugslet
    • By bugslet 2nd Jun 16, 2:36 PM
    • 6,220 Posts
    • 29,789 Thanks
    bugslet
    • 2nd Jun 16, 2:36 PM
    • 2nd Jun 16, 2:36 PM
    Just to say good luck with whatever lies ahead.. I'll dish out a dodgy hug to you.
    • Double V
    • By Double V 2nd Jun 16, 2:42 PM
    • 879 Posts
    • 517 Thanks
    Double V
    • 2nd Jun 16, 2:42 PM
    • 2nd Jun 16, 2:42 PM
    My mother was diagnosed with lymphoma in December 2015. And we started Chemo in February 2016. And I can feel you. As we have experienced this first hand.
    It is very hard (in the sense of protection and making sure everything is clean).

I wish you all the best and it will be over before you know it.
    Let me know if you need any more information.
    Last edited by Double V; 02-06-2016 at 2:44 PM.
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 2nd Jun 16, 6:21 PM
    • 7,935 Posts
    • 13,420 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    Thanks for the remarks, comments and insights.

No, it was just that I knew if I continued to follow their pain medication I would go crazy - it's overwhelming just how psychotic and delusional morphine and tramadol can make me. Last night I thought they were all Israelis and had to hunt them down one by one.

Today (and having had 2 monster-naps, a strawberry Complan and just a handful of tablets for tonight, I feel fine again.

A long road ahead, though.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 2nd Jun 16, 7:03 PM
    • 12,369 Posts
    • 16,709 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    I didn't want to read and run.

Don't know what to say really, other than wishing you the best for the treatment course(s) to come.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021

I had to put mothballs in my wallet - the moths had learned the PINs to my cards...
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 2nd Jun 16, 7:34 PM
    • 2,819 Posts
    • 7,210 Thanks
    The Last Username
    @ Dreamnine:

I've followed some of your more-recent posts and seen that you've been ......... well, let's say "off-colour" eh?

As others have said, your acceptance and positivity alone will do you the world of good - especially during the treatments which will inevitably follow your diagnosis.

Another positive though is that now you KNOW why you have been so "off-colour".
    And that is a start to you regaining control.

Like others in this thread I wish you well, and as Gettingtherequickly put it so very well in an earlier post I will unashamedly quote that:
    I hope that this will continue through whatever steps are ahead, if there is any slight faltering, just nip on here and we will stand on the step below, gently propping you up.
    • luxor4t
    • By luxor4t 2nd Jun 16, 8:28 PM
    • 10,065 Posts
    • 36,325 Thanks
    luxor4t
    I'm so sorry you're ill. I want you to know that I will never tell you all about some random treatment I read about on the internet.......

(I read this on a card and thought it appropriate.)
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 2nd Jun 16, 8:34 PM
    • 7,935 Posts
    • 13,420 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    Just today has been very uplifting.

Although my phone has internet access, the Western General is in a notorious blackspot so I was unable to watch my beloved tennis nor catch up on here and elsewhere.

Today has been great: I've slept, watched tennis, listened to my favourite music (couldn't concentrate in hospital) and started reading a new book.

And although I know I'll awake at 4am with some pain, I have the tablets ready (sans the madness), will be able to eat some porridge and meet my G.P. at 9:30.

I may even shave - the one thing I've been putting off, although not regular baths, lol.
    Last edited by Dreamnine; 02-06-2016 at 8:39 PM.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
    • zagubov
    • By zagubov 2nd Jun 16, 11:57 PM
    • 15,381 Posts
    • 131,353 Thanks
    zagubov
    Just want to wish you the best for your treatment.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
    • Biker*Chick
    • By Biker*Chick 3rd Jun 16, 12:06 AM
    • 9,699 Posts
    • 1,113,592 Thanks
    Biker*Chick
    I'm sorry to hear such news, Dreamnine

I am sure that your remarkably stoical outlook on the situation will see you through, and i hope that you get all the support you need from your loved ones as well as from the medical establishment
    Contessa Biker*Chick of the Alphabetty thread

=^._.^=
    • duchy
    • By duchy 3rd Jun 16, 1:18 AM
    • 17,992 Posts
    • 45,665 Thanks
    duchy
    Beards are very trendy right now....one less job to do.

Just today has been very uplifting.

Although my phone has internet access, the Western General is in a notorious blackspot so I was unable to watch my beloved tennis nor catch up on here and elsewhere.

Today has been great: I've slept, watched tennis, listened to my favourite music (couldn't concentrate in hospital) and started reading a new book.

And although I know I'll awake at 4am with some pain, I have the tablets ready (sans the madness), will be able to eat some porridge and meet my G.P. at 9:30.

I may even shave - the one thing I've been putting off, although not regular baths, lol.
    Originally posted by Dreamnine
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

Apparently having a "Quirky and Hipster" wedding
    • LordSnoooty
    • By LordSnoooty 3rd Jun 16, 1:57 AM
    • 170 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    LordSnoooty
    Love best wishes and prayers go out to you from me.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 3rd Jun 16, 5:45 AM
    • 14,199 Posts
    • 55,256 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Good Luck D9, you know where we are if you need us
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 3rd Jun 16, 5:58 AM
    • 24,205 Posts
    • 63,189 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Sorry to hear that news, Dreamnine.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,018Posts Today

6,773Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @GMB: Is it just @MartinSLewis that has an 'overseas wallet' or are you less organised with your holiday spending plans? ????

• RT @MartinSLewis: If you've just watched #KilledByMyDebt please retweet this post so we can get more people involved in fighting the devast?

• Today's twitter poll: The BBC's said it is sorry for distress caused to Cliff Richard. Yet will consider appealing? https://t.co/JOuyfgX0LM

• Follow Martin