Bank Debt I'm paying £2 per week - Still claim!??

Hi

I had a current account with HSBC (now closed) which ended up £4,500 overdrawn. I have an arrangement with a Debt company to pay back this debt at £2 per week. I am unsure how much of the debt is made up of charges, but still have most of the bank statements. Will it still be possible to claim the charges back, do I have to contact HSBC or the debt company, should I keep paying the £2 in the meantime!??

Thank you!!

Comments

• IMHO i would keep paying your £2, but start the claim towards them, remember its only for the last 6 years

If you're missing any bank statements, get them, wouldnt want to miss anything!
  • hi

i have a similar agreement with various creditors (except i am paying them £1 per month!).

I have hit them for charges, the way i see it is anyway i can reduce that debt is a bonus! i know i won't actually have any of the charge money in my hand but it will reduce my overall debt figure so i will be happy with that :) i am continuing to pay my monthly payments throughout the reclaiming process.

Good luck :)
  • Could I ask you please how far you have got with your claim!?

Thanks!
  • hi there,

I am claiming from 5 different institutions - i have issued court papers on 2 of them today, the others are due to enter into negotiations next week then court if we can't agree on a suitable figure. Even after they have paid out the charges i will continue to pay the minimum monthly repayment until i am in a position to increase the payments and clear my personal debt of in excess of £22,000 after the charges have being credited it should clear approximately £4000 of the debt :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure