Secrets of the Brotherhood of Stoozing.

Options
Brother & Sisters of the Grand Stoozed Pot, gather around and share your stoozing secrets.

I will start the ball rolling.bowl.gif

1. Read and understand the Terms & Conditions and make a list of all of the key points.

2. Apply for 4 cards at a time and leave a 4 month gap between each application phase.

3. Create a list of all active cards, with credit limit, outstanding balance, statement date, payment due date, payment action date (7 days before due date), minimum payment due, and last but not least 0% expiry date.

Comments

• Callyanna
    Options
    you seem to have summed it up perfectly deemy! very wise words of advice !
  • Callyanna
    Options
    p.s. to above

meant to add don't forget to set up direct debits to pay off minimum interest payments each month!
  • obeywan_kenobe
    Options
    Beware though. I am trying to get re-mortgaged and they may force me to settle all my credit card debt before they offer it. They did something similar with my original mortgage. They made me pay off a 0% furniture loan. I had to borrow money from my parents to pay it off.
  • deemy2004
    deemy2004 Posts: 6,201 Forumite
    Options
    Stooze rule No 5 - SBT Card - Use an SBT card to generate fresh debt without spending by balance transfering to the SBT card, then to your current account and from there to your savings account i.e. The Egg card
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Quick question - apply for 4 cards at a time? Is this based on repeat experience? (ie 4 may work the first time with no other credit cards, but on the second time do people have experience of still getting 4 offers and decent credit limits?

Many thanks

Anon
  • deemy2004
    Options
    Thank your for your query brother Anon

I use the 4 card at a time systematic approach to save time, and also so as the apps don't immediatly show up on the credit reports when these companies make enquiries before giving a yes or a now, all they see is no apps for 4 or so months.

I started my current phase late jan - applied for 4 cards, Ive got 2 in my pocket now, and 2 are still pending.

My next 4 card phase will be early June, which will be my fourth such cycle. and you know what four, fours make ! yeh 16 - totally irrlevant bowl.gif

Blessed are those with growing Stoozed pots..
  • margaret_3
    margaret_3 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options
    Callyanna wrote:
    p.s. to above

meant to add don't forget to set up direct debits to pay off minimum interest payments each month!

What if you want to pay more than the minimum amount?
    :eek:
    Margaret
  • deemy2004
    Options
    Sister Margaret is correct.

For absolute control I prefer to make all payments myself. It is EXTRA work and not recommended for those just starting out as it does take a great deal of meditation and mantras to ensure you don't MISS a payment !
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why would you want to pay more than the minimum amount? (though of course you can if you wish). The whole point is to keep the money in a high interest account until the end of the 0% period - you have to pay the minimum amount but on many cards (if they let you BT at 0% for the whole period) once you have paid the minimum and it has appeared on the account - you then transfer it back out again (is this rule 6?) to keep the 0% card maxed out.

Anon
  • deemy2004
    Options
    Brother Anon sometimes a situation arises where one needs to quickly clear a balance before a certain date.

I.e. last year in March 04 I was given 5 months at 0% on my egg card, and ALSO was aware that I had 0% anniversary on my egg card starting in June 04 - THUS in less than 3 months time !

Thus effectively I had to clear the balance in May 04 before the start of my anniversary period and 2 months before the end of the current 0% offer. And reinstigate the debt transfer in June 04 to meet the terms of the next 5 months 0% offer.

bowl.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport