The trials & tribulations of a 1st time landlord & investor

Comments

• Tahlullah
    Tahlullah Posts: 1,086 Forumite
    Sorry to hear about the Trustee Role TG.

But Benidorm and Gay Pride sound fabulous!!

Tx
    Still striving to be mortgage free before I get to a point I can't enjoy it.

Owed at the end of -
    02/19 - £78,400. 04/19 - £85,000. 05/19 - £83,300. 06/19 - £78,900.
    07/19 - £77,500. 08/19 - £76,000.
  • TallGirl
    TallGirl Posts: 5,493
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks Tahlullah do look forward to it balance due soon for Benidorm!

What a week though Sunday was not good as I had a lovely game of Golf played so well but when I got in I got the cold shoulder from dg feeling very aggrieved and jealous of me that I left her behind she cannot play etc etc. I was annoyed but she shuts down when she's like this so took her out for dinner (I was out 8.30am to 5pm) and we were sort of ok although she was still sulking. Then on the Monday morning I txt her saying I was disappointed in how she had reacted she had agreed I could play in that comp I had asked if she could play but the answer was no from club as she has no hcp.

She flipped accusing me of all sorts of stuff blaming me for everything threatening to quit etc. I said I felt like I had with ex DH and I didn't need that sort of guilt or control again. So several days of txt and some talk I had my counselling Wednesday which really helped see what it was all about so I kept the line of needing a compromise and that she just needs to do her cards and she can join in so it's not forever. Today she finally saw it this way and agreed on the compromise I play once a month in the comp and she will try to do her cards ASAP. I on the other hand mustn't try to get more games in by marking her feel guilty she is stopping me from playing. I am glad I stood my ground and we got a compromise. She grew up with domestic violence and conflict and confrontation is her worst nightmare plus she shuts down. She has admitted it's her baggage that makes her act like that and she should of course let me play.glad we got there in the end.

Sorry for the long post but loads more happened.

Ex FIL got in touch final invoice for grave stone etc now in and I've paid it. Emailed him back saying I would call him soon nice he got in touch and I don't feel so guilty for not contacting him.

IFA has been in touch too about the £40k inheritance. £31k invested in my pension makes that worth an extra £7750 instantly that is a nice increase plus it's then in stocks and shares tax free.

£2000 is going into my S&S ISA and £7000 into my investment account that will be used to top up my pension and ISA when my capital runs out. I've got to transfer some money and it's all done. Yeah finally.

That is it end of massive up date chilling tonight dg is out and she's out with friends tomorrow night staying over so guilt free Golf Sunday can't wait.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Feb 24 £41,650 (Wins, Jan £200 Feb £150) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    enjoy your guilt free Sunday :)
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • TallGirl
    Forumite
    It was as great really enjoyed it and found out I have qualified for a national completion with four other ladies just so cool. I want to take DG and stay the night before so I can have a practise round. She can then potter about practicing while I play and then it's only £50 to add another night Sunday night so that's two nights, dinner bed and breakfast for £169 each in a four star. Nice little break I think and I said I would pay for a weekend away for DGs birthday so will be that just a slight change of venue but DG doesn't mind. Been before lovely hotel super expensive drinks but dinner and breakfast incl so not too bad.

Dg is going for her card not this weekend but the next one I get to play in the club champs and she's being marked but a really nice lady whom she likes a lot. Should be good just need the official word it's set up now.

Was a tough week last week sorting all this out with DG but it was worth it I'm glad I'm doing the counselling makes me able to see things clearer and not make the same mistakes again.

I'm so behind with work and not sleeping well really not good but went home after meeting today so doing a bit of work now.

My phone deal had expired upgrade was £7 more a month turned out I can actually just stay as my discount is really good and pay the same happy days no need to change.

Also sorted my travel card out bought my travel card on the wrong card so paid for travel the last two days. Annoying but sorted now and card cancelled it doesn't work anyway.

Transferred all the money bar £1k I'll do that tomorrow then it's ready to be invested as for IFA.

Take care all need to do some work counselling tomorrow quite look forward to it.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Feb 24 £41,650 (Wins, Jan £200 Feb £150) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• TallGirl
    Forumite
    Also found another trustee role, ask a contact I have who is on the board if I should go for it he said no my skills are covered but then he came back do apply so spoken to agent and I'm applying. It's close to dream job but less high profile than last one, also it's much more grant giving which is what I really would like to do as a job.

They need four people so let's see what happens. My contact is someone I've known for ages but not seen for the last five years since I left my travelling job so he isn't aware of my other skills.

Let's wait and see interview practise will be good
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• TallGirl
    Forumite
    No news on trustee role been extended a week so only closed today.

Work very busy few runnings with CEO and useless colleague but over all ok getting things done. Counselling is good but also tough talking a lot about repeating old relationship habits and there might be something in that re dg and drinking. Especially with all her childish behaviour around Golf and stopping me from playing. Playing tomorrow and then she is doing her card Sunday. I hope she plays for 54 or under then she just needs to do one more and she's done.

Going to watch a movie now having some low alcohol beers picked up at Lidl £114 later but loads of stock and we were quite low on a lot of things.

All Danish money invested now as per IFA need to do my tax returns soon but all ok can't wait to chill over the weekend and get out and enjoy the good weather.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• TallGirl
    Forumite
    Golf was great today played in a three ball with a really nice lady we know at the club and dg did her second card and played really well better than ever so now realistic she can go for her third one really soon and play in the comps which means I can play too. Happy days and I played ok too .

The weekend in August we are going away to play in a comp I have won two more ladies might join us Saturday night which is well cool.

My feel are killing me and it was very hot but good to get out and we have done some food prep since we got in so lunch done and breakfast for the week.

Spent quite a bit out of joint funds but it's nice to stay at club for a soft drink and eat a meal as we don't have outside space here.

Work tomorrow will be busy as CEO is back and I need to attend to a matter I left off on Friday.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Hi TG, not been around for a while. I think I'm an Eskimo, and want to hibernate in this heat.

Sorry to hear about the job, their loss, maybe it was meant to be and you will get this one.

Good luck with the golf and I hear some parts of Benidorm are really nice, you'll have lots of fun.
  • TallGirl
    Forumite
    edited 20 July 2018 at 9:23AM
    Thanks Bugslet kind of you to pop by I've not yet heard from the second trustee role I applied for they have extended the deadline by a week so fingers crossed.

Been a long long week just felt out of sorts at work like doubting myself all the time and appologising for what I think I'm doing wrong. Counselling is still good they will look to extent for another six weeks which I feel I need. Lots of thinking around exdh and patterns of old into new relationship.

One lady is now joining us for trip in August I'm so looking forward to that trip.

Golf today I'm working from home and off in the afternoon board meeting last night got a taxi home as train was cancelled but it was quicker by an hour and £32 was worth it. Only 7miles.

Saturday Golf me and dg and Sunday ive got second round of championship it's on the harder longer corse so we shall see.

Bit of a low balance on the bank account but paid for Golf trip for dg as it was her birthday present and we swapped venue and also need to pay for Benidorm it's on credit card. Need to pay for ladies trip next year too and I really should do my tax return considered doing it today actually.

That is it I think hope you're all enjoying the sunny weather.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• TallGirl
    Forumite
    Done my tax return profit for the rental income will be £8800 not too shabby that is what I expected really. Tax to pay £2000+ and I need to pay upfront for next year which is fine prefer that actually.

Not done much work but hey that's how it goes weather a bit sad but Golf will be nice this afternoon
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure