Let's do this!

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    How has the office progressed, and is the car ok ?
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Cumbria, car is fine now thank you! Fingers crossed there's no more problems for a while, and it didn't cost me anything.

We're moving our stuff into the office tomorrow! Plus, the website should be live by Sunday. Assuming we get people who contact us we're not going to see anyone until August, we just wanted to get ourselves "out there" now to get our names around. We're just trying to figure out all this new GDPR stuff and how we store our confidential information. It's a minefield :o
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Good luck Lilith this weekend . Yep GDPR is a minefield , we have lived and breathed it at work for months.
  • Lilith1980
    Thanks Cumbria :)
  • Lilith1980
    Had a busy weekend moving our stuff in, but it looks good. We just need a few more 'finishing touches' to make it look even nicer. All this GDPR stuff is doing my head in, and turns out we'll need to buy another filing cabinet. Oh well.

After all the spends which came out from the money I received from my nan's savings plan, we have about £1,000 left, but I'll be using this to pay the rent on the room over the next few months. That'll mean we can focus on trying to get our name out there and see people, rather than worrying about keeping the room. I feel excited, but also anxious as to whether this will work and we can see enough people to at least cover the rent. We'd need to see a minimum 7-8 clients a month to do this, which isn't a lot at all but when you're starting out and no one knows you it seems like a huge mountain!

I'd planned to go for a run with hubby this morning, but I was just too tired. I feel like the past couple of weeks there has been lots of rushing around, picking up things for the office and organising. Maybe it'll settle a bit now that the office is sorted.

I have my graduation ceremony this week, so that'll be nice :)
  • Lilith1980
    Well my graduation was a great experience, although it was very hot and I couldn't wait to get my gown off! Hubby and I went for lunch afterwards with one of the other students and her family. To bebe honest I wasn't really feeling it as I just wanted to go home and also because of spending more money. I bit the bullet though and I'm glad we went as we had a nice time. Plus unexpectedly, the other student's parents paid for the whole meal. I felt very humbled that they would do that.

It feels very strange now that it's properly over. It's been a really tough few years and it's left me reflective. I'm also looking forward to seeing what the future brings :)
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Congratulations on your graduation ceremony!:j:j:j. And how thoughful of your friend's parents to pay for the celebratory meal!

You've done so well over the past few years - and good luck with your new venture!

P.S. GDPR has absolutely driven me and most people at my firm up the wall as well!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Lilith1980
    Congratulations on your graduation ceremony!:j:j:j. And how thoughful of your friend's parents to pay for the celebratory meal!

You've done so well over the past few years - and good luck with your new venture!

P.S. GDPR has absolutely driven me and most people at my firm up the wall as well!

Thanks Seasidegal, and I'm glad I'm not alone with the GDPR madness!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,169 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad graduation day went well & you had a lovely lunch :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Lilith1980
    Thanks Beanielou!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills