Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chlo88
    • By chlo88 17th Feb 16, 12:29 PM
    • 35Posts
    • 29Thanks
    chlo88
    Does anyone want to join me waiting for new build to be built and complete
    • 17th Feb 16, 12:29 PM
    Does anyone want to join me waiting for new build to be built and complete 17th Feb 16 at 12:29 PM
    Hi all,

We are first time buyers it's fair to say with limited knowledge on the whole process (thank goodness for this forum). So we reserved a new build flat with Miller homes in December 2015, we are nearly there with exchange (just sent all documents signed back to solicitors). Our flat is supposed to be ready on the 24th of June 2016. Went to check the progress the other day, the have just finished the outer shell of 2nd floor (it's a 3 storey build) so looking good for time scales atm. We have our options meeting on Sunday to choose all the upgrades. We have to pay 25% of the price upfront and the rest payable prior to completion. I thought I'd make this thread because a- I'm impatient and wish it was all just ready now, can't stop thinking about it. B- because throughout this forum I've read lots of ?'s re new build and some not so nice stories of things that can go wrong, so thought a bit of support may be nice. c- and lastly just to share others experiences and the long wait with. So who's up for joining me in the wait
Page 57
    • dhokes
    • By dhokes 27th Apr 18, 7:24 PM
    • 163 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    dhokes
    Received a letter today informing me that my house should be complete soon. The sales department will call me soon to give me a completion date and then I'll need to arrange an induction.
    • Loolooly
    • By Loolooly 29th Apr 18, 8:24 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Loolooly
    Hi there. New around here! In a bit of a panic and looking for some reassurance.. reserved a nb due to exchange next week but contract arrived late last week with a big surprise in. I Understood about having to pay a regular management charge for general upkeep of common areas, however have now discovered I will be a shareholder in the management company but with no voting rights. Also will require the company!!!8217;s approval before being able to sell my house. Feeling very trepidation as at the moment any calming words of advice? Thanks in advance
    • Loolooly
    • By Loolooly 29th Apr 18, 8:26 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Loolooly
    Sorry should!!!8217;ve added have left message for urgent call with solicitor tomorrow!
    • dhokes
    • By dhokes 29th Apr 18, 9:03 PM
    • 163 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    dhokes
    Hi there. New around here! In a bit of a panic and looking for some reassurance.. reserved a nb due to exchange next week but contract arrived late last week with a big surprise in. I Understood about having to pay a regular management charge for general upkeep of common areas, however have now discovered I will be a shareholder in the management company but with no voting rights. Also will require the company!!!8217;s approval before being able to sell my house. Feeling very trepidation as at the moment any calming words of advice? Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by Loolooly
    Personally, I wouldn't exchange contacts with such terms.
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 30th Apr 18, 7:54 AM
    • 9,852 Posts
    • 11,002 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    Hi there. New around here! In a bit of a panic and looking for some reassurance.. reserved a nb due to exchange next week but contract arrived late last week with a big surprise in. I Understood about having to pay a regular management charge for general upkeep of common areas, however have now discovered I will be a shareholder in the management company but with no voting rights. Also will require the company's approval before being able to sell my house. Feeling very trepidation as at the moment any calming words of advice? Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by Loolooly
    What?!!! My "calming words of advice" would be that that's a complete deal-breaker.
    They remove that clause or no deal.

Two reasons
    1. Its absolutely outrageous and most likely they will also want a fee to "approve" the sale, and the fee will be undefined as yet.
    2. That condition will almost certainly pass on down to your buyer and since no one in their right mind would agree to such a clause, that will make selling it difficult to say the least.

and BTW, well done for spotting this. I bet many buyers have just gone ahead not understanding what they are signing. Your solicitor should also spot such a clause and warn you about it, did they?
    • Loolooly
    • By Loolooly 30th Apr 18, 7:10 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Loolooly
    T thanks for replying all. I!!!8217;ve booked myself in to see the solicitor this morning and raised many questions. She thought that the sellers agent had made me aware of the situation. I said NO Hence the reaction! She is in the process of contacting the other solicitor now to gain answer to my questions and to see what can be negotiated on my behalf. Worried I may have to pull out now and will lose all my money already invested in this !!!55357;!!!56854;!!!55357;!!!56854;!!!55357;!!!56 854;!!!55357;!!!56854;
    • Loolooly
    • By Loolooly 30th Apr 18, 7:11 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Loolooly
    I agree I suspect other purchases may well have signed this and returned it already !!
    • c_tyler
    • By c_tyler 17th May 18, 11:57 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    c_tyler
    Hi all,

Does anyone know how long it takes from a plot to be released until it is ready to move in?

We bought our first house a couple of years ago. It is a very small house, as back then I couldn't join my husband on the mortgage. Due to my immigration status, I won't be able to apply for a mortgage before mid-november, when I complete 2 years as a resident in the UK.

We have been saving up to move houses, however we are concerned about how long it will take us to sell our current home, as the market is not very good around the location. I heard about the part exchange route these days and got quite excited about, but don't think I can do anything before having the mortgage ready to go, am I right?

So, I saw this very nice new build house, just under our budget. The plot hasn't been released yet, but I am very anxious and wondering if it will still be available by the time I am ready to apply for a mortgage. Also concerned if they will accept our house as part exchange.

I am not good at waiting...
    • dhokes
    • By dhokes 17th May 18, 7:08 PM
    • 163 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    dhokes
    Hi all,

Does anyone know how long it takes from a plot to be released until it is ready to move in?

We bought our first house a couple of years ago. It is a very small house, as back then I couldn't join my husband on the mortgage. Due to my immigration status, I won't be able to apply for a mortgage before mid-november, when I complete 2 years as a resident in the UK.

We have been saving up to move houses, however we are concerned about how long it will take us to sell our current home, as the market is not very good around the location. I heard about the part exchange route these days and got quite excited about, but don't think I can do anything before having the mortgage ready to go, am I right?

So, I saw this very nice new build house, just under our budget. The plot hasn't been released yet, but I am very anxious and wondering if it will still be available by the time I am ready to apply for a mortgage. Also concerned if they will accept our house as part exchange.

I am not good at waiting...
    Originally posted by c_tyler
    How long does it take from when a plot is available for reservation to when you can move in? It really depends on multiple factors and your best option is to talk to the sales office.

I reserved a plot last September and I should complete the sale next week. Having said that I probably won't completely move in until July.
    • stea7
    • By stea7 5th Jun 18, 11:55 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    stea7
    Hi guys, thought i would jump on to this thread as we are also awaiting our new build to be built. We reserved our plot early November 2017 with a March 2018 completion date (with delays expected).

However due to the bad weather over the winter and the developers having issues with services being laid and their bricklayers, our house is STILL around three brick layers high. I am stalking our plot regularly (so glad I'm not the only one!) but getting to the end of my tether. At present we have an August 2018 completion estimate but this is looking extremely likely to be pushed back. Our mortgage offer expires tomorrow so will need to reapply and the developer has agreed to pay back any incurred costs on our part.

I complained back in April to the head office (not sales office) and got an extra incentive of full height tiling in the bathroom with shower and shower screen. However we just feel so frustrating and can't understand the delay! We are almost at the end of the plots development with only 6 houses behind ours to be built. It's been a bit of a shambles so far!

Does any one think we've got a cat in hells chance of being in in September?! If not, shall I demand some other type of compensation?! Luckily we are both still living with our parents otherwise we would of been completely screwed over!
    • crystalpinks
    • By crystalpinks 6th Jun 18, 6:58 AM
    • 49 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    crystalpinks
    There!!!8217;s a chance you could be in September if they REALLY get a move on. You must be pulling your hair out!

We moved in on Friday and love our new home. Not may snags so far, front door has dropped a bit so it needs a bit of a slam to close so they!!!8217;ll be fixing that. Everything else very minor.
    Are you in now dhokes ?
    • stea7
    • By stea7 6th Jun 18, 12:28 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    stea7
    It's SO frustrating! We are getting increasingly more fed up. They have offered us the opportunity to pull out and get a full refund but unfortunately most new build developments in our area are either coming to a close or in the wrong area for my partner's commute, so there's no where else we want to live. Just gutted as we were looking forward to spending summer in the house - looks like we will be planning where to put the Christmas tree instead!!!

Great news that you've got the keys and there's only minor snagging. I bet it's so exciting to be in - I can't wait.
    • GBR78
    • By GBR78 6th Jun 18, 1:17 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    GBR78
    Going to join this one now. Have been weighing up new builds for some time, but due to having a problem selling our previous property we missed out on a few that we liked. Everything happens for a reason though, so after accepting an offer on our house in March we reserved what has turned out to be a bigger and better house that those we saw when first looking.

A quick turnaround on the sale to appease our buyers has seen us moving in with family for a few weeks, but having exchanged on Monday we are being told we should be on target for a mid-July completion (was originally scheduled as a 'June/July' with some hope for end of June but services had delayed that slightly). Keeping our fingers crossed for no substantial delays!
    • dhokes
    • By dhokes 6th Jun 18, 8:29 PM
    • 163 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    dhokes
    Completed over the May bank holiday. Adios.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,047Posts Today

6,849Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @GMB: Is it just @MartinSLewis that has an 'overseas wallet' or are you less organised with your holiday spending plans? ????

• RT @MartinSLewis: If you've just watched #KilledByMyDebt please retweet this post so we can get more people involved in fighting the devast?

• Today's twitter poll: The BBC's said it is sorry for distress caused to Cliff Richard. Yet will consider appealing? https://t.co/JOuyfgX0LM

• Follow Martin