lost windows 10

ktate
ktate Posts: 114 Forumite
Hi hope you can help me please in a nutshell my desktop comp went down and after 2 days I gave up and pressed fresh start factory reset has I just couldn't seem to get it to work well now the factory reset is now downloading 166 updates it was running win10 for a while before it crashed will I now loose the free windows 10 upgrade has its now running windows 7 any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• dan958
    dan958 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    If you had windows 10 before, the product key is already stored on your device. Download the Windows Media creator from Microsoft and re-install windows 10.
  • datostar
    datostar Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    dan958 wrote: »
    If you had windows 10 before, the product key is already stored on your device. Download the Windows Media creator from Microsoft and re-install windows 10.

Then maybe consider using some kind of cloning/backup software in future such as Acronis (there are others just as good). The day might come when you need it.
  • EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    ktate wrote: »
    Hi hope you can help me please in a nutshell my desktop comp went down and after 2 days I gave up and pressed fresh start factory reset has I just couldn't seem to get it to work well now the factory reset is now downloading 166 updates it was running win10 for a while before it crashed will I now loose the free windows 10 upgrade has its now running windows 7 any help would be much appreciated

Brand name and model number of your device?
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Just for future information there is an app called "product Key" or something like that, it checks all the programmes on your computer and finds the product key for them, I have emailed myself the keys for all my software after getting them through that.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • ktate
    ktate Posts: 114 Forumite
    Thank you all for the great help iv done what you all said and its now loaded windows 10 just a lot of updates need loading so ill let it run and import the updates
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure