PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 15th July 2019

Comments

• Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I'm back after a lovely week in Yorkshire and happily we had no phone calls from the care home while we were away. Pigpen thanks for thinking of me.

Back to a busy week as I'm off to my mum's in Southbourne on Wednesday, bringing her back on Fri as step bro and sil are coming to dinner on Sun. Which gives me plenty to organise/ clean/ tidy in a rather fragmented week.
    So far I've been to Zumba and Body Balance, checked emails and filled bird feeders so I need to get a wiggle on.
    Finish coffee then HHC anyone?
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Suitcase emptied and all put away/ in wash.
    All varied paperwork lurking in kitchen sorted/ binned/ put in study for dealing with.
    Floor swept.
    Other lurking items on worktops put away.
    Washing up done earlier by Mr N put away.
    Fish out of freezer ready for this eve.
    Now getting stuff together for drum lesson. Bit scary as not only did I miss a week of lesson and practice on hol, but my tutor is away so I have another one I've not met.

Mr N is sitting in MIL's flat waiting for boiler service man due helpfully between 1 and 6pm. They threatened eviction and a £800 fine for 2 supposed missed appts despite Mr N telling them the flat was currently unoccupied and post not checked daily so to contact him. Didn't stop them sending more letters with 2 days notice of wanting entry. . .sigh.

Congrats on job Jo. I'm still waiting to hear if I've got another uni contract, bit concerned it is taking so long since I applied.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Jellyb
    Jellyb Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Ok, it's time for me to get moving and jump in.
    At work today - so hoping to get some stuff done before bed!
    I keep reminding myself - baby steps!

Monday - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Level One

Clean the sink, drainer and taps
    Wipe the work surface you can see
    Level Two
    Hoover and mop the floor
    Sort out and wipe out the fridge
    Level Three
    Clean the WM filters and drawer
    Wash the window
    Wipe over the hob and oven door
    Extras
    • Clean some shoes
    • HHI
    • Deal with a hotspot
    Sealed Pot Challenge -13 No 080
    Target £500 - £493.11 to go!

• BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Morning all

WM x 1 swishing, I’m just having breakfast and tea. Will then shower and dress ready to tackle the day! It is going to be a warm one so I will do my jobs before paid stuff if I can. I plan to go for a swim this afternoon after work....

Have a lovely day all, hugs to those in need x
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    WM on
    Hoovering downstairs is done
    Need to do upstairs.
    Dr's for wound redressing later on
    Have a good day
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • BadCat18
    Morning of paid stuff done.
    Quick vac of downstairs and living room done
    S/s en suite
    Aired and made bed
    WM x1 done and towels loaded ready for washing tomorrow.
    Back to work now, going for a swim when I finish, hopefully around 5pm

Enjoy your afternoon all
  • Went into to see new work - they sorted out my work pass, email and everything I need for September - the preparedness is outstanding, compared to what I am used to. It's an office based education job, so I'll still be looking after kids (especially when I complete my first aider training they've booked me in for), they're just different kids - the atmosphere was completely different there, it feels warm and caring.

Himself had an interview today for a theatre - apparently, it's possible in busy periods for him to get 60 hour working weeks.

When I got in from work, he made a cuppa and announced he was off to bed for a bit because he was 'shattered'. From an hour's interview 7 hours previously.

_wall_

I didn't laugh. But if he gets this, somebody's going to have a bit of a shock to the system, not that I'll see much of him at showtimes.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,772 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Lovely, but busy day which included picking approx 7lbs of black currants, making jam with 3lbs of them, and gardening and lawn mowing. Both my and my neighbours front lawn, which neighbour usually does but they are away. I mist have done 2.5 hours out there!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm awake, have been for about 2.5 hours.

It seems once I'm awake I struggle to settle my mind enough to sleep...

WM on and last night's dishes done.

I'll head to bed again once the washing has been hung out.
  • BadCat18
    Morning all

Early start for me again, couldn’t sleep. :-( have been up for a while already...

WM is on the timer so it will start soon, I can then get it on the line before work. I am just going to potter around and do a few quiet jobs until DH is up, then I think I will tackle today’s list before it gets too warm. I may as well make the most of being awake early and at least then i can rest if I am tired once paid stuff is done for the day.

Bedding will be changed on Saturday and mattress can’t be turned as it only goes one way... I can do the other jobs though. I also want to change around a couple of the kitchen cupboards, some of them are just not working for me as stuff that I use quite often is stored too awkwardly. I shall have a think and make a bit of a plan as to where things should go before I empty everything!

Have a good day all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport