Single, six kids and going to be debt free!

Comments

• So debt number 2 is now paid off! Wages have gone in and I have allocated money. I have never only been halfway through the month and have over half the rent and nursery fees already saved up ready!
  • You will be 'month ahead' in YNAB before you know it.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Hopefully Wishing! That is the plan to get ahead of myself, although it probably won't happen for a few months as my work are changing my pay day!

I think just being on here and posting is making me think more about my spending and I am really reluctant to spend any money now! I don't even like spending my money that I am saving for certain things!
  • Just a quick one to say a huge well done! You are smashing this, really.
    Paid - 7095/26218 - Total
  • Thanks Coffee. I hate spending money now! I can't wait until it is all paid. I will have so much money spare a month, I won't know what to do with it all!

Yesterday was a spendy day. I treated the four oldest kids to an hour at a local trampoline park and then McDonalds for tea. I haven't been able to take any time off work as the only other person in the office has this week off as her main holiday of the year, so I am covering her job as well as mine. But that means I haven't been able to take the kids out as such. So instead after work yesterday we went out for a bit. I hated spending the money though even though it was budgeted for!
  • That's an amazing spend! I went to the trampoline park with the boy when we had our week off and had SO MUCH FUN! I'm a bit jealous, can't wait to do it again!

Save the extra, you've got six to go through uni :D:D
    Paid - 7095/26218 - Total
  • I must admit I Was a little jealous that I didn't pay for myself to have a go on the trampolines. I think next time I might have a go. Although knowing my luck, I would injure myself on the first bounce!

Yes that's very true about putting six through university! I do have a bit of a plan though as one day I would like to buy a house again. Not sure I'll ever be able to afford a house for all my lot to fit in, but a smaller house would be good. It won't be for many years though! But I have a plan for by the time I reach my next big milestone birthday!
  • Storm89
    Storm89 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Hey I'm just catching up with all my fave diaries. It's funny about the trampoline park because we're going next week with our 2. I went on one for my son's birthday and let's just see my bladder isn't what it was pre-kids - I wasn't expecting it LOL.
    You're doing so well , I feel like that debt must have disappeared because it's been long enough now for it to have resurfaced ?
  • Oh God, if your bladder wasn't good after two kids, imagine what mine would be like after six of them! Maybe its best if I don't go on a trampoline! :rotfl:

And yes I am inclined to believe that my debt has truly disappeared so I'm counting it as paid!
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,216 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Go on the trampolines. The worst that can happen is a little loss of dignity and lets face it, after having a child who has much of that left? I say go and jump and play and giggle with your kids - they'll remember it forever.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£330.00 (66%)     INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£062.00 (13%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport