PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• we were so cold we have turned the range back on.

Yup, I've had to put my heating on for an hour or so the past few evenings .... it's usually off by April:eek:

Wondering if the shops are open as normal today - I could so with going to Al*di and getting bits for lunches for the next couple of weeks.
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • Please could i be put down for £300 for June. I will try my best not to go over. There is a reasonable amount of food in. I have been shopping but usually add all of the receipts up at the end of the week. There are a several receipts already!!
    Thankyou to all who run this thread.
    FS
    Jan GC £298.62/£300 Feb £298.01/£300 March £331.06/£300 April £69.96/£300
    Learning to accept the things i cannot change
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Heating - I've had mine on for a bit in the morning and then again in the evening, I hate being cold [although Winter is my favourite season] I'd rather be warm and skint than cold and skint lol

Budgets done to here.

Spent yesterday at a Medieval Fun Day at Old Warden, although the weather could of been better we had a great time there, all the re-enactors were really friendly and full of info and very, very good with the kiddies. Both of the children enjoyed it and it was a bargain day out as I got the tickets through Groupon so paid £12 entrance for 4 of us instead of the £30ish it would of cost to pay on the day, spent nothing whilst there on food and drink as we took it with us. Having never been to a Medieval day before I really enjoyed it and would go again - one to remember for further days out.

Enjoyed watching the concert on TV and I've decided that next time there is a big event like this in London I'll take the kiddies down there. I lurve anything like this [DH doesn't]

Hopefully a NSD on the grocery front today - we need things but I'm hanging out till tomorrow when I replenish the kitty. Going to DunElm later so that won't be a NSD!!

Have a lovely Bank Holiday Tuesday for those not working [DH is]

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • payingitoff
    payingitoff Posts: 51 Forumite
    edited 5 June 2012 at 8:39AM
    Hello :wave:
    Is there room for a newbie to join?
    My budget for the rest of June (family of 5) is £270 (£90 per week).
    This may sound a lot compared to some but I'm taking it slowly and trying :o
    LBM April 10 2012 Debt £13,658 :eek:
    Total Debt July 2014 still over 10K - want it under asap! :(
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Hello :wave:
    Is there room for a newbie to join?
    My budget for the rest of June (family of 5) is £270 (£90 per week).
    This may sound a lot compared to some but I'm taking it slowly and trying :o

Hello! Of course there's room for you to join! We're a really friendly bunch; feel free to ask any questions. And it doesn't matter to us what your budget is - you set what you feel comfortable with, and work from there. Loads of people will be able to give hints and tips for how to decrease your spending when you're ready. I have found, though, that I only actually 'hear' the tips when I'm ready to do so, if that makes sense.
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    we were so cold we have turned the range back on.
    Yup, I've had to put my heating on for an hour or so the past few evenings .... it's usually off by April:eek:
    Heating - I've had mine on for a bit in the morning and then again in the evening

So glad it's not just me! I had to have the heating on last night, as I was frozen! It's June, for goodness sake!

SL and HJ - hope you enjoyed your days out! It's really nice to have something to do for a day, instead of mooching sometimes.

We're going to TWO jubilee parties today! A lunchtime bbq at a friend's house, then an afternoon tea party at the vicars' house! DD is dressed up in her red dress with white spots and union flag flip flops, ds and I still to get dressed...

Have a great day everyone!

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • Aldahbra
    Aldahbra Posts: 317
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm just reporting a £2.48 spend for yesterday.

JJ - I made your microwave pudding again yesterday, this time I did the treacle version, it was even better than the chocolate, even DD liked it. Thanks
    "Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence."
    ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
    Weight loss challenge:j: week 1 :(
    target 8lbs in 4 weeks
    Grocery Challenge June: £100/£500
    left to spend £400
    Declutter June: 0/100
    NSD 6 June/6 July: 0/2
  • angelatgraceland
    angelatgraceland Posts: 3,342 Forumite
    Big thanks to all who have wished me and hubby well! It is much appreciated!

Yes I had the heating on also-the temp just dropped last night! Only for an hour or two tho as by then it was time for bed!
    NSD yesterday and Ive noticed Ive got till spits and vouchers from hubbys newpapers which I don't normally buy. The thing is-am I really going to spend £60 in Waitrose or £40 in Tesco! Ive got to run down the freezer so that next time my freezer I have "my eye on2 is available I can buy it!:p
    Hubby is somewhat better but not seen a doc for a few days as all on holiday I am guessing-just emergency ones at the hospital. So he is none the wiser but hopes to come home today or tomorrow. We shall see! When he does return he wil go out gardening and stupid things like that and overdo it so the longer he stays there resting the better!:eek::eek::eek:
    I did a nice s[ag bol night before last with only a little bit of mince-I think about 250g and half a tin of lentils(app foods). Didnt miss the meat and it made 5 portions! Dd did barbeque rib yday-it was a Mr T one from the freezer with roasties so we are living well! I am now trying to do a bit more decluttering and if the charity shops are open today they will be getting another bag full of goodies.
    Now to my stack of ironing-or I could pretend I am saving electric and not bother!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • purplesheila
    purplesheila Posts: 24 Forumite
    edited 5 June 2012 at 3:15PM
    Hello I would like to join

I have a family 2 adults 2 children (10 + 12) 1 dog. I cat & 3 Chickens

My Budget for this month is 5 weekly shops at £70 Total £350

Thanks

Spend so far

Ald! (food) £75
    Indoor Market (£5lb of skinned and bonned Chicken thigh) £11.25
    £St***cher (Cleaning)£4.99

Total £91.24
    April Grocery challenge £0/£160 (17th April-30th Apr)
    NSDs - 0/14
  • cattysmum
    cattysmum Posts: 1,263
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    Good morning, thanks to everyone who keeps the GC up to date, I don't post that often but hopefully am going to try to keep up this month with all you thrift peeps!!! Can I be put down for a budget of £200 for June, please. Iv already done an online spent at Ts for £29.00. It was for £58 but with mocs and price flops got it down to less than thirty. Just a quick question though they delivered a piece of smoked gammon that was out of date by 5 days, anyway I rang them up and Ts refunded the gammon and gave me back delivery charge. It looks ok, it was in one of the vaccum packs, iv cooked it in slow cooker, can we eat it or do I put it out for the cat???? Any advice welcome
    SPC No. 295 - SPC No10 target £350
    #1603:staradmin/
    SPC 2014 £150/SPC 2015 £256SPC 2016 £324
    Saving for Florida 2018 :j
    Matched betting toe dipper.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts