DFW running club mark 2!! ALL ARE WELCOME!!!

Comments

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    That is excellent running chick :T

KYCU - my garmin keeps its signal without a problem - I just strap it on my wrist and away I go!

Happy running today everyone - another forced hobble-day for me......bah.
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • becky_rtw
    becky_rtw Posts: 8,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    WOW go chick what a great run - my first 14 was 2:20 so thats some pace you've put on there :D

Oooo getting excited now - Rich is picking me up in a short while so I suppose I better go find my trainers...

Happy running all!
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    good luck you two!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Hi all, I did join on the other thread, but kinda trailed off posting :o back then I was just starting to run on the treadmill for about 20-25 mins, now I've started getting serious lol :D I've signed up for the Plymouth Half Marathon on 24th May, and started running outside.
    This week I've just been running when I had time, about a mile each time, I start my proper training as from tomorrow :p

Does this seem okay to you all as a first week?

M ~ Jog 1 mile
    T ~ Rest
    W ~ Jog 1 mile
    T ~ Rest
    F ~ Jog 1 mile
    S ~ Rest
    S ~ Rest

I plan on adding a mile on each week, and after a few weeks, adding an extra day running. I'm also going to the gym 3 times a week, either doing interval training on the treadmill, a body combat class or having a swim.

I value your collective expert opinion. :D
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • Ukevas
    Ukevas Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    Morning campers...

Seeing is im in London at the moment and dont have any hills to face i decided to put in a 5 mile stint.

I liked the flat but OMG dogs, cars, people and pools of vomit to dodge, dont get that in the sticks i tell you. :rotfl: .

So to conclude = 5m Flat = 41m 51s

Good runnin all :T .

And congrats on your DF Day yesterday raphael :beer:
    Cabbage Patch 09 - 10m - 1hr 06m
    Leicester 09 -1/2 - 1h 26m
    Athens 09 - Marathon - 3hr 51m

DFW Running Club - Facebook Page

• Morning

I have just starting training properly after a long break,

my first aim is to complete a local 5k road race without walking, then continue my training to build up to a 10k in september (hoping to do this in under an hour)

Any hints/tips on training appreciated

thanks
    Last Cigarette 24/6/09
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Raphael - that looks a good start to me - You have 4 months or so to build up to half marathon level - it is certainly more than achievable, and getting those first few jogs under your belt is the start of something fab!

Ukevas - excellent distance and time :T even considering the obstacles! In the sticks we have roadkill and overflowing ditches to dodge though, so there is always something!

Chris - Rich is our resident running guru, and he is racing this morning, but when he gets back he will be happy to tell you what he thinks you should do! In readiness for that, any info on what your current level of fitness is, how far you can currently go without stopping, etc would be helpful.

Welcome aboard!
  • mbaz
    mbaz Posts: 895 Forumite
    Hi all!

Can I join?

I did a 5k and 10k last year and plan to do a couple of 5ks and 10ks this year too. I aim to do 5k in under 30 mins and 10k in under 1hr 15. Havent been out running since before xmas but will start again next week starting with 3k for this week and building myself up to 5. I work 4 eves a week and sundays but I WILL go out:

Tuesday eve
    Fri am
    Sun am

Will report back with times etc
  • *looks round nervously, decides as its a new thread to just join in*

Hi,

I am Buffy, normally to found on the sofa, with pringles and chocolate soon to be found pounding the pavements...

Last year I walked a Race for life,I really enjoyed it and do walk a fair bit since I can't drive(!)

I definitely want to RUN a 5KM this year and *maybe* a ten km......

I am using a very easy plan, involving walking and then in a fortnight some running.

In eight weeks I will assess my progress and decide whether to run a 10km.

I don't think I'll ever be very fast(think Phoebe in friends) but I do want to be fit!

hope that is ok

Cheers
    Buffyxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    hey buffy and mbaz!! Welcome to the most fantastic running club on earth - no joining fees, no 12 month contract, no one to see you attempt to hide the pringles........perfect!

mbaz, what were your 5k and 10k times last year?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure