Carrying over therapy from BUPA private to personal

Hello all and happy Friday!

I have recently handed my notice in at my job and subsequently my company BUPA policy will end next month. In typically excellent timing I have just started some therapy through BUPA and will still have 8 sessions remaining after my company policy ends.

I have spoken to the sales team about transferring to a personal comprehensive policy with the medical condition carried over (which of course makes the policy much more expensive). However I am struggling to get definitive answers from them for three questions (I am constantly met with very vague "I believe so"s or "As far as I am aware"s and this does not fill me with faith). I wonder if anyone knows the answer to these three questions:

1. Will I be able to continue my final sessions with the same therapist under my new private BUPA insurance?
2. If I decide to cancel the policy after my sessions are over, will there be a cancellation fee from BUPA?
3. Will BUPA cover all costs of therapy prior to my cancellation?

If anyone can help with this it would be very much appreciated!

Thank you.
(p.s the sessions themselves are actually more expensive that the very expensive BUPA coverage which is why I am looking to go down the BUPA route).

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport