Direct Line Car Insurance - MSE Amazon Voucher Promotion

dreamypuma
dreamypuma Posts: 1,338 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 14 January 2019 at 10:08PM in Insurance & life assurance
Hi,

In October, we purchased Direct Line car insurance through the MSE promotional link, which offered an Amazon Voucher. We are yet to see this voucher, which should have been issued by email within two months.

Doing a search on MSE, we notice that there have been historic issues with this type of promotion, and we have been emailing Direct Line (info@directlinetreat.co.uk) with our details as advised on previous threads. We haven't received any responses.

Anyone else had an issue with this recent promotion or any ideas on how to resolve / escalate this?
My farts hospitalize small children :o

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,545 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Follow the advice in the previous threads.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• dreamypuma
    We are, but we're currently hitting a brick wall. I've noticed a number on one of the threads so will try this tomorrow.

Has anyone actually received a voucher? There seems to be a common theme with these promotions.
  • Sheebs
    Sheebs Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 12 June 2019 at 11:57PM
    :(I have taken out Direct Line car insurance on the 10th May 2019, called Direct Line today to ask about the £40 Amazon voucher, they told me that I need to take this up with MSE as they were not the ones running the promotion. I am really frustrated that we are being given the run around on this. Can someone shine some light on this issue....really frustrating.:(:(:(:(
  • dreamypuma
    My issue was resolved within minutes after direct messaging them on twitter. At first I was fed the line about third party promotion, and nothing they can do.

I had to remind them that that's not my problem, and that it's detrimental to their brand. I also mentioned that, despite the promotion being third party, clearly someone at direct line authorised the third party to act on their behalf. They should now take responsibility for the inadequacy of contracted partner.

It's evident from posts on MSE, that these types of delays are far from rare. I hate to think how many customers just gave up.
  • topcat105
    topcat105 Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    I've just had to ring MLP on 01565 656 470 as we took a motor policy out on 08/05/2019 through this promotion.
    At first she didn't know what I was talking about and then after being left on hold for 15 minutes eventually found the promotion and took my details.
    We should get the voucher within 10 working days.
    Not impressed.
  • The_Hawk
    The_Hawk Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    If anyone needs to see the terms, contact details etc, regarding this offer, its here on this Direct Line promotion website: https://directlinetreat.co.uk/campaign/
  • gerard1945
    gerard1945 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i to have not recieved a voucher for this promotion, insurance was taken out 5/5/19 we are  still waiting, Policy number 93842281
    i have just recieved a renewal notice for the 6/6/20,
    for and on behalf of Mrs F C Ramsden
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport