It's not a lot, but it's enough

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Hey Speky
    I'm just catching up after a couple of weeks off here in the world of marking... it's been really interesting to read your posts in one big chunk. The thing that stands out to me is that you're still packing an awful lot into your days and nights, and physically you seem to be burning out a bit. Take care there as well as mentally.
    I think it's really brave of you to put your mental 'issues' down in type as well. There's still such a stigma attached, especially with men. Sorry you've been going through it but you know that you'll come through it stronger and with more awareness. I have a lot of the same guilt and anxiety a lot of the time, but I've never really known anything else as I've grown up like this.
    Good luck with the date - fingers crossed for you.
    Oh, and I'll have to put you on the exception list - I have a hatred of people that drive fast German cars. :rotfl::rotfl:
    Hey :wave: Thanks for stopping by, I knew you were busy.

I really appreciate the overview and it's an idea I hadn't considered. Similair to yourself, my busy days seem normal to me as I've always been like that and I don't know what I'd do if I decided to cut back but given 'The Episode', I'm more aware of how I'm spending my time and if I am truly enjoying whatever it is I am doing.

And I promise I'm not as bad others. I do use my indicators!! :rotfl:
    I was wondering how your wee Gran was. I think as we get older (I very much include myself in this) we start to think a bit more about our health. How old is she (if you don't mind me asking). She certainly seems very independent.

Hope the date went well.
    Thank you very much for asking. I agree with you completely and was actually a subject we discussed on my date on Saturday (more to come on that later). You're health, physical, mental or emotional, is so often taken for granted. My wee gran is 86 and is managing ok. Her sight is deteriorating, which is why she had to give up her car and that was a knock to her confidence. She struggles to see the TV or even read the newspaper, recipes, instructions etc and carries a magnifying glass around with her like Sherlock Holmes. We keep in touch at last once a week and I think it's mutually enjoyable to hear what one another's been up to. She's like my best pal.

---

Good morning everyone and happy Monday!

I had a nice weekend which included a first date with a girl from the Liverpool area. In short, she was really nice, funny and we shared many of the same values and ambitions however, as was the same with the last girl, I wasn't overly attracted to her. I've been round this roundabout before, so I know that there's more to it than looks etc, so I recon I'll see her again at some point and then see how I feel.

You can all keep your hats tucked away.

Aside from that, my weekend was much of the usual. Gym, yoga, meal prep, tidying up, life admin etc. NSD yesterday was my 6th of the month, today should be another, too.

Have a super day everyone!
  • SpekySquarehead
    Good morning chums!

Yesterday was standard for me. After work I nipped home before going to yoga to them come home and collapse into bed.

Whilst I was home, my front door was knocked, which given that I live in a flat, never happens. So I answered to find a neighbour say that they smell gas coming from my gas meter and maybe it's worth checking. I was surprised at myself for being so startled that I didn't ask any questions. Instead, I thanked them for letting me know and said I'll investigate. It wasn't until he left that I had all the questions; who are you? Which flat are you in? How could smell gas from MY gas meter when all the gas meters are in the same place? Also, all the gas meters are outside, so how could you be so certain? Anyway, I told my landlord and she's getting someone to come and check to be safe.

Been to the gym this morning and I was planning on going tonight too but there's football on that I'd like to see, so perhaps not. Pesto chicken with veg for dinner tonight.

No NSD yesterday as I needed some groceries. Still on 6.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Morning everyone,

Bit of later check in this morning as I have just had a lovely group face time with the family to celebrate my nieces birthday yesterday and my step dads birthday today. Lovely to see them all, despite some of them being the other side of the world.

Yesterday I didn't manage to check in as I had a docs appointment. I needed an ECG to try and figure out why I am getting random dizzy spells. It came back 'normal' which is the first time I've ever been called that!

A NSD yesterday took me to 7 for the month and I should manage another today, too.
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just a thought on the dizzy spells, are they at home or when you're out? If they're at home, do you have a working carbon monoxide detector? Your landlord seems pretty thorough and responsive so I expect you do, but it might be worth checking it out.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• A very sensible and considerate though Joey, thanks. And one which my mum also thought of yesterday. But yes, there is one installed. The spells happen anywhere; work, gym, car, in bed etc. Quite strange actually as there are no other symptoms.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Good morning and Happy Friday,

Yesterday was uneventful as I spent most of the night packing for my 4 day trip back home. The plan was to leave work and drive straight up to Glasgow but I've remembered that I've left some bits in the flat, so I'll need to nip in en route.

I've a very busy long weekend planned, with a few different activities involved, so I need to make sure that I'm not overspending, which can be so easily done on lunches/dinners/events with family or friends.

Anyway, another NSD yesterday and should manage today also, which would take me to 9.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Have a good weekend Speky - enjoy and try and get some relaxation in there somewhere.
  • 24ta
    24ta Posts: 220 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    De lurking to check all is well. Missing your morning updates
  • SpekySquarehead
    Morning everyone,

It's been a week since I've logged on. Mostly due to my extended trip back home which was lovely. Great to see everyone and had a wonderful time in the glorious weather. Was back to work on Wednesday but had the doctors first, turns out I'm low in folic acid which may cause the dizziness. Then yesterday I had to drive to Oxford and back for a meeting, which went well. Then this morning I had another doctors appointment to discuss next steps on the dizziness and I've to get a 24hr heart monitor to track what it goes through on a daily basis.

So, that's been me in a nutshell. I'm not entirely sure what I've spent the last 7 days but I am conscious that I have been spending (taxis, drinks, food, car parking etc). So I need to control and review that.

Tonight I've a local boxing night to attend which has been put on by my ex-colleague. It seems like a trap to spend so I'll watch what I'm doing. Plus tomorrow, I've got a 2nd date, which I know will cost, so all the more reason to calm down tonight (and for the rest of the month)
  • SpekySquarehead
    Good morning everyone,

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend.

Mine was busy, enjoyable but expensive. On Friday, I was given some free tickets for a local boxing event that I was attending with some colleagues and friends. I got home at 2, so naturally I paid for a few rounds and a taxi home. Saturday was date night. It was my second date and we had booked dinner at a Gino D'acampo restaurant, an activity then some drinks. A problem with the trams meant I had to get a taxi in and out too, so all in, I was closer to £140 for the night I did enjoy my night, it was a good laugh and she's a top lass, but unfortunately not the one. I've since let her know and she agrees that there wasn't that spark that you need.

Yesterday was spent indoors, avoiding leaving the house in case I spend more money. A restless night sleep and then when I eventually did fall off, I had a super realistic dream in which I met my ex. What is it with me and women, eh?!

Been to the gym this morning. Hopefully yoga tonight too but I suspect I'll be in work a little bit later.

I think I'm on 12 NSD's so far, with today being 13.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback