Travelling On

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    beanielou wrote: »
    & then you move it all around again:rotfl:
    Actually, thats true! I'm trying to minimise that, but I can tell it'll happen :rotfl:
    Good luck and well done on all the outside and inside sorting!!
    Here's hoping for some sun over the bank holiday so you can enjoy tea breaks in the garden! :)
    Thanks Ella! I really, really need to go into the town centre this morning, but setting up the garden for a tea break is a good focus - the bit that gets early morning sun and nowt else :D Ahem, to do that, I need to take a scrubbing brush to my aluminium patio chairs. More to follow!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    I've been here 5 years and keep going to the 'wrong' kitchen cupboards for things. OH likes it like this but I always think I'll move it around one day.

No cup of tea in the garden here. Typically sunny week at work and rainy weekend!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Are you still putside scrubbing those chairs down?

How are the rasp rootlets? My original ones are shooting up nicely; the 'new' one are about 2 foot tall and starting to flower - they look like dwarf rasps!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Karmacat
    earthgirl wrote: »
    I've been here 5 years and keep going to the 'wrong' kitchen cupboards for things. OH likes it like this but I always think I'll move it around one day.
    I feel your pain! Early this evening, I ended up bunging everything inside *something*, since I hope the tiler will be coming next week, and the surfaces need to be clear. Plus I need a re-jig on the shelf under the sink: the fitter was trying to help me when he set the shelf very high, so I could fit bottles underneath, but unfortunately it's made the top shelf unuseable. I'll let them know, and emphasize it was done to help me.
    No cup of tea in the garden here. Typically sunny week at work and rainy weekend!
    What a shame! It all looked very ominous today, I must say, but no actual rain. No cup of tea in the garden, either!
    Are you still putside scrubbing those chairs down?
    Never did it :o between the errands in the morning, and continuing/ almost finishing the kitchen, I didn't really have time.
    How are the rasp rootlets? My original ones are shooting up nicely; the 'new' one are about 2 foot tall and starting to flower - they look like dwarf rasps!
    One is really big, the other three are coming along nicely - it was so kind of you to send them, apple :) the ones in pots will need to stay in their pots for a while, but tomorrow I must move them to where they'll be. Happy days :):):)
  • Karmacat
    Morning :) I'm drawing a line under the house-righting for today, I'm off to the big City by the Sea - admiring the sea is part of it, of course, but also I'm going to rejig my self-care: organic nail varnish and sun lotion. And possibly something jazzy for the kitchen from the Lakeland there :D though I doubt it, to be honest :cool:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 26 May 2019 at 9:16AM
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Morning :) I'm drawing a line under the house-righting for today, I'm off to the big City by the Sea - admiring the sea is part of it, of course, but also I'm going to rejig my self-care: organic nail varnish and sun lotion. And possibly something jazzy for the kitchen from the Lakeland there :D though I doubt it, to be honest :cool:

Sounds like a lovely day out, KC. Enjoy:beer:

I love Lakeland products and was a BIG spender there once upon a time (probably a major cause of my debt mountain;)). Always bought online though and have never even been inside a 'real' shop. Now I'm debt-free and have some disposable income again I'd like to seek one out. They still send me their catalogues and every time I browse I see lots that I'd really like. The emphasis is on 'like' though rather than 'need' and I'm trying my hardest to be a good MSEer and follow Martin's spending mantra. I suspect a visit to a Lakeland store would blow my mind and I'd come out with bulging carrier bags and a much lighter wallet:eek:.

Your situation is different, though. Your overall financial astuteness and a lovely new kitchen are the best incentives of all for dropping in there and treating yourself. Have fun choosing:beer:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,239 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Enjoy your day:)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hi KC, I am back from my almost 4 week holiday pootling around Cumbria and part of Scotland. You have been doing so well sorting out your new kitchen, keeping on, keeping on with the garden:rotfl: and fitting in some fun and uplifting diversions:D

Whilst away we visited "Pippi's Garden", it was fabulous and realised an ambition I had ever since buying Snowdrops and reading her diaries. Fun, but in a different way was managing a 20 minute flit around "The Lakeland Store" at Windermere, I was very restrained and only bought the very few items on my wish list (soft grip pegs, window cleaning cloths and a washing egg thingy) came in at just under £30, and had left OH in the car so didn't have him breathing down my neck.

I hope that you have a good visit to the sea, rather dull here, more weeding and some herb pot planting here:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Karmacat
    Thank you all! A kitchen gift didn't occur to me till I was in Rye last week, in a kitchen shop :p it was great. And Lakeland are very good at making things that you think at the time are completely necessary, aren't they :rotfl: but I don't often get sucked in by that, I have to say, you're right, Noella :) What I'm thinking of is those rings that you use to make English crumpets - I love crumpets, but my reaction to wheat is getting worse and worse, and gluten free products are often awful, and in any case often really expensive. So those rings might be a really good purchase, we'll see.

maddiemay, you had 4 weeks away? I thought I hadn't seen you! What a great trip - I'm trying to decide what to do in September, while my sister and her daughter are in Canada. I thought the Scilly Isles initially, but now I've joined the NT, I need to make the most of the ticket. Isle of Wight, possibly, or around Yeovil, oddly enough (several houses close together). Is there any area you'd recommend? I have a hankering for so many areas, its hard to choose :rotfl:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,239 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    You must have been quite near me when you were at the garden:)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback