Single, six kids and going to be debt free!

Options

Comments

• Mumoffourkids
    Options
    Ok so I have exceeded my extra income target for the month by £24.61. Anything extra I make between now and the end of the month will go towards our holiday. But if all goes to plan, I will have nearly £900 to go towards the holiday this month without any extra that I make.

Next month's target is £250 as I think on a reasonable month I can make £200 extra with £50 extra to be made to go into my Help to Save account.

I have done a couple of extra days at work this month though covering for my colleague who is moving house so I should have some extra there which will hopefully be the £50 hit already.

My house still needs some tidying and sorting out and I need to get the middle two kids into a better night time routine so they go to sleep a bit earlier.

This weekend is going to be on the go again probably. Saturday eldest is at work so will need dropping off and picking up, next daughter wants to go to her friend's house for the day so again will need dropping off and picking up and then Sunday it is off to rugby again. The two oldest girls are playing about 60 miles away so no saving on petrol this week, but my ex will have the two little ones for me for the day so I don't have to drag them out for the day.

I need to organise passports for me and three of the kids before our trip so that is a must do over the half term holiday. Along with three of the kids having flu vaccinations!

Right must get back to work as have a long list to complete today and tomorrow as well as answering the phone and generally running the place as no one else is in!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done :j :j
    I dont know how you do it!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • litepay
    litepay Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Whenever I read the title of your thread I'm like "how is she able to do this and I'm struggling with one child". How come I'm always tired? OP, you have my deepest admiration...
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,877 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    You okay over there ?

Just want to check you are alright.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Well done :j :j
    I dont know how you do it!

Thank you. I don't know how I do it either sometimes!
    litepay wrote: »
    Whenever I read the title of your thread I'm like "how is she able to do this and I'm struggling with one child". How come I'm always tired? OP, you have my deepest admiration...

Oh I am always tired as well, but thank you for your admiration!
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    You okay over there ?

Just want to check you are alright.

Thanks Foxholes, I am ok. I went off the radar a bit.

So the last couple of months, I have been off the radar. Not sure what happened but I went through a dark place, went back to the doctors, got some different anti depressants and got referred for counselling which I am currently on week 4 of.

So I am back and just trying to keep on top of things. The Disney trip was amazing if a little busy and not quite to plan. But the kids loved it and want to go back!

I have £123 on a credit card which is 0% on purchases until April which I put the park tickets on. That will be paid off this month. Then it is just my car loan to pay off.

I had a little bit of a set back with a house. I found a shared ownership house which I really liked and would have been ideal for us, but despite me enquiring about 6 times, no one ever got back to me and it has now been reserved. I am now trying to work out what else I can do as we are currently spilling out of the house that we are in!! We need more space somehow and I know it affects my mood having lots of clutter and not having enough room for us.

Good points though, through my counselling, I have been taking some time out for myself as they have convinced me that I need to take care of myself. So I now go to a weekly sewing class on a Friday morning. I don't have to go every week but it is definitely helping to get me out of the house and do something I enjoy.

Right I had better get back to work but I will hopefully be on later to post more of an update!!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Good to hear from you again. I'm pleased Disney was a success.
    Regarding the house, sounds like a bit of a lucky escape if they can't even be bothered to get back to you for a potential sale. But now you know what you are looking for and can be focused in your search.

Pleased the counselling is going well, I found it really helpful when I had some.

Wish.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good to hear from you :wave:
    Great news on nearly just having the car loan :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lovely to hea
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lovely to hear from you. Glad Disney was fun.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Great to hear from you again, but sorry that you have been having such a bad time. Keep on with the counselling and making time for yourself... you can't see to others needs if you are at rock bottom! ((hugs))
    Having seen a house that would fit your needs you can, hopefully, keep an eye out for similar properties in the future ---- maybe even something better will turn up. XX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport