The Giving Up/ Cutting Down alcohol support thread - number 13

Options
1148814891490149114921494»

Comments

• ElusiveLucy
    ElusiveLucy Posts: 686 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Yay, I beat my target last night, now 14/13. I must admit I was really tempted a few times during the evening, but the thought of being over target got me through - still another AFD to come on Monday as well :j:j:j

Looking to seeing a string of icons after my name this month :)
    What goes around comes around.....I hope!
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    18/20 AFDs today
  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Wanna_Bee_Free Posts: 2,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    16/18 for me this Friday evening.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Do you get to reset the year as well as the day?;)

Sadly no! But I don't feel like carp any more so that's as good as feeling at least 10, possibly 20 years younger.

Keep going ManPants. It gets more straightforward the longer you keep it at the forefront of your mind. Temptation will always be there whether you own and run a pub or not. You know we're all rooting for you.

I think the weight thing would be a clever thing to commit to tackling - empty calories in booze and all that. I've got nearly 6 kgs to lose and this summer I'm pretty determined is going to be that much lighter by the end of it. I hate carrying around this stomach.
    Yay, I beat my target last night, now 14/13. I must admit I was really tempted a few times during the evening, but the thought of being over target got me through - still another AFD to come on Monday as well :j:j:j

Looking to seeing a string of icons after my name this month :)

Well done Elusive Lucy! It's a real achievement when you beat your target. :T:T:T

29/31 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Wanna_Bee_Free Posts: 2,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm planning another one tonight even though it's Saturday. 17/18
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi All,

Apparently long threads have been disappearing so I'm going to ask the mods to lock this thread and I'm starting a new one Part 14 Here

Shaggyx
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Which long threads have gone?
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    fermi wrote: »

There is a thread on it here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5680765
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    fermi wrote: »

What do you think Fermi ??? - it's only a matter of time before this thread gets deleted as accidents happen with the spam button....

Some people have expressed concern as they don't want to lose our thread which will have been running for 10 years in Feb....
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure