Is it more romantic to be living apart ?

2»

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,545
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    EachPenny wrote: »
    Sounds a bit late in the day in my experience. It should really be gently waking her with her favourite breakfast prepared and served in bed, with a hot bath running, and having already put the laundry on, silently hoovered the house, and got the kids ready for school ;)

Joke post of the month!

"Silently Hoovered the house"!!!! Please tell me where you can buy a "silent" Hoover.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Too many factors missing
    - Mens performance in bed / Men's making partner feel sexy and wanted, actually turning her on and not wanting to just go straight into the 'Sex' part
    -Women seem to have children and forget to show their affection for the partner or make an effort for them as they are so busy with the kids etc (I have 4 but still make time for OH) - No wonder many men have affairs when they don't feel loved and wanted.

-The expectations of some people still living in the 50's - If one works and the other doesn't that one should do housework, and visa versa. If both work share chores appropriately - A list I find helps men remember what they need to do.

I suppose there is the comfort eating factor that goes with living together in a long term relationship.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Sounds a bit late in the day in my experience. It should really be gently waking her with her favourite breakfast prepared and served in bed, with a hot bath running, and having already put the laundry on, silently hoovered the house, and got the kids ready for school ;)

If you're a man and that's what you do, will you marry me? :D:D:D
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• onlyroz
    onlyroz Posts: 17,661
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    If any man showed the slightest inkling of doing that for me, I'd run off with them like a shot.
  • onlyroz
    onlyroz Posts: 17,661
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Can't speak for everyone, but when I finally crawl into bed after having done a full day at work, done all the cooking and housework, got the kids through their homework and night-time routine, sex is usually the last thing on my mind. I'm far more receptive on a weekend morning after I finally manage to have a bit of a lie-in.

And yes, it doesn't help when your other half is a bit of a slob who would only consider using the hoover when the carpet starts to crunch under your feet, and who seems to think that the laundry does itself.
  • I suppose there is the comfort eating factor that goes with living together in a long term relationship.
    What's that then? I didn't comfort eat when living with my ex and my weight stayed the same.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,593
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 14 September 2017 at 10:00PM
    I think what is more likely to kill the passion for a woman is not so much the living with someone as the living with someone who thinks she's there to do all the housework/kidwork and still be a sex kitten at bedtime.

Wooing starts when you clear the breakfast things away...

That might be what you think you want, but studies have shown that women lose interest the more a man helps round the house. But then maybe an androgynous slave is what you want?
    onlyroz wrote: »
    And yes, it doesn't help when your other half is a bit of a slob who would only consider using the hoover when the carpet starts to crunch under your feet, and who seems to think that the laundry does itself.

Sure, but if he changed then you'd see his other flaws & then you'd realise that he's not exactly manly doing all that house work.
  • Pyxis
    Forumite
    onlyroz wrote: »
    If any man showed the slightest inkling of doing that for me, I'd run off with them like a shot.

:mad: You'd have to get through me first!

D'ja want some? Eh? D'ja want some?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• Pyxis
    Forumite
    phillw wrote: »

Sure, but if he changed then you'd see his other flaws & then you'd realise that he's not exactly manly doing all that house work.

Are you for real? :eek:
    Please, please say you forgot to put a smiley there?

And please define 'manly'.
    :)
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• ViolaLass
    ViolaLass Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Romance and sex are not the same thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business