Viagogo - Can I Stop Them Charging Me For Cancelling a Sale?

1235»

Comments

• NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 May 2018 at 7:43AM
    JReacher1 wrote: »
    Register via the Facebook sign up link.

No thanks.

Quite a few people wouldn't want to go through Facebook. I am careful who I give Facebook information to.
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    NeilCr wrote: »
    No thanks.

Quite a few people wouldn't want to go through Facebook. I am careful who I give Facebook information to.

Fair enough, I realises some people are very paranoid about Facebook.

Still if you did then you would see that you do not need to give a phone number to register an account with viagogo.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    All this discussion really boils down to:

Do we expect Viagogo, when contacted through an account asking to cancel tickets, to trawl through all other accounts to see if anything matches up.

No.

If I contact them through marliepanda@gmail.com I dont expect them to say hmmm you dont have any listings but marliepanda@Hotmail.com does! Ill cancel those!

I dont expect other emails or accounts or listings to be looked at when I log in through a different account, not should they be. Whilst gmail and google mail are interchangeable in that an email to one will get to another, thats not viagogos job to know. Their job is to look at the account that is presented to them.

If the OP didnt check his records thoroughly (the original email to confirm his account or listing whilst being in the same google inbox WOULD have specified in the email which email it was sent to, gmail or google mail) then its his fault
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    JReacher1 wrote: »
    Fair enough, I realises some people are very paranoid about Facebook.

Still if you did then you would see that you do not need to give a phone number to register an account with viagogo.

Not paranoid. Just careful who I share information with. Especially as I was only testing the system.

Must admit without being that legally up on all this marliepanda's post above does make sense.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I'm amazed people think ticket touts give two hoots about consumer laws.
  • Hi I have no idea how to open new thread but really need help. Sold a wireless vip ticket on viagogo but got an email the other day saying I need to send them by 26th June. I haven’t received tickets from wireless yet so obviously I can’t send and I’ve spoken to viagogo and they have told me I will be charged to replace and because many people have received from wireless already then they wont extend my deadline? What am I supposed to do because I have no power when the tickets come, I also sent proof that wireless told me tickets s could come up to 5 Days before event.

Can I block my card from being charged? As I cant do anything so it’s ridiculous

Thank you
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    edited 23 June 2018 at 2:51PM
    EKHarrison wrote: »
    Hi I have no idea how to open new thread but really need help. Sold a wireless vip ticket on viagogo but got an email the other day saying I need to send them by 26th June. I haven!!!8217;t received tickets from wireless yet so obviously I can!!!8217;t send and I!!!8217;ve spoken to viagogo and they have told me I will be charged to replace and because many people have received from wireless already then they wont extend my deadline? What am I supposed to do because I have no power when the tickets come, I also sent proof that wireless told me tickets s could come up to 5 Days before event.

Can I block my card from being charged? As I cant do anything so it!!!8217;s ridiculous

Thank you

Ive never sold on the site. When you sell the tickets do you have to agree to send within a certain time frame, or within a certain window before the event?

A must ship by date is mentioned frequently in the terms. Were you given a must ship by date?
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I would not panic until the 26th June. They could arrive on Monday.

You will just have to arrange a collection as soon as they arrive.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,965 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    As marliepanda says, take a look at the terms under which you sold the tickets and whether there's a ship-by date.

You were taking a risk selling something you hadn't actually received. You'll probably find that technically, the tickets are not transferable. What happens if your buyer is unable to use them? Presumably you will have to refund them?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure