orange local call number

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    If your calling 30 days notice a long time to be told that a land line number that you have used on invoices signage and advertising a long time im sure you wouldnt agree

I wouldn't be daft enough to use a consumer product for business use in the first place to be honest. That would give me more protection and help for issues.
  • I wouldn't be daft enough to use a consumer product for business use in the first place to be honest. That would give me more protection and help for issues.

It wasnt offered as a business service when i took it out only a consumer product
    if you think peoples advice is helpfull please take the time to clicking the thank you button it gives great satisfaction
  • tehone
    tehone Posts: 640
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I lost a bunch of 01X numbers used for my business a long time ago when the telecoms provider went bust - ofcom/oftel refused to let them be ported to another provider, as far as i know that number range has never been reused at all, it maybe that the Orange numbers are in a similar non-reusable number range

P.S. I sympathise with the OP, Orange had so many ground breaking services that have been thrown away over the years (Line 2, Assistant, Local, etc, etc)
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 7 June 2019 at 6:31AM
    It wasnt offered as a business service when i took it out only a consumer product

You're point being? You're the one asking them for compensation because it affects your business when it was you that signed up for a consumer product.

Were you honestly not aware that EE were closing down the orange side of things?

Has anybody on here had a local number on there mobile with orange . For almost 20 years now i have had a local to me 0161 number attached to my mobile plan for my business now orange have given me 30 days notice telling me they are stopping the service and my telephone number will be lost .This number i have used on all invoices van and shop signage so obviously very important to me orange are saying they wont compensate me and i cannot port the number elsewhere advice welcome?
  • You're point being? You're the one asking them for compensation because it affects your business when it was you that signed up for a consumer product.

Were you honestly not aware that EE were closing down the orange side of things?
    Re read my previous post it was only offered as a consumer product .EE would take on the number from orange on business if i took out a new phone contract which i did not need because the calls off the phone were diverted to my mobile number .EE no longer do the service either and havent done for some time we have other phones with EE .Besides i asked for advice not someone telling me we what have done wrong i could get that off anybody
    if you think peoples advice is helpfull please take the time to clicking the thank you button it gives great satisfaction
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Re read my previous post it was only offered as a consumer product .EE would take on the number from orange on business if i took out a new phone contract which i did not need because the calls off the phone were diverted to my mobile number .EE no longer do the service either and havent done for some time we have other phones with EE .Besides i asked for advice not someone telling me we what have done wrong i could get that off anybody

You were asking for advice on porting and compensation which I gave you but apparently you don't like facts.

Since it looks like you'll need to change everything to a mobile number now will you be using a business contract?
  • exactly i was asking for advice not someone telling me what i already know ie i would have a better chance of if on a business tarriff pray tell what new information have you brought to the post
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    exactly i was asking for advice not someone telling me what i already know ie i would have a better chance of if on a business tarriff pray tell what new information have you brought to the post

If you already knew everything why did you post in the first place?

Anyway I'll leave you to it as you've got some work to do changing all those signs.
  • If you already knew everything why did you post in the first place?

Anyway I'll leave you to it as you've got some work to do changing all those signs.

Yes i asked for advice not a lock the gate when the horse has bolted response .You should of had a business contract blaa blaa :T:T:T
  • baldelectrician
    baldelectrician Posts: 2,467
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I use TTNC for my business numbers and they have an adult with a pulse to speak to when you have a query

I have transferred landline number to them and also transferred non-landline (virtual numbers) to them so they do both.
    baldly going on...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport