Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    That's the Sky Q box posted back to them yesterday

Now we have been 4 days without Sky we have actually found life goes on.

I have dug out an Android PVR box I have as a backup and now have full recording / time shift without subscription.

I haven't even bothered getting our Humax out as I'm watching most tv on catchup which has the pvr's functions ,except for record. Also,I haven't missed Sky programmes as there are lots of new or further series of old favourites on freebie tv at the moment.
  • Mwood1
    Mwood1 Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have sky sports and the variety package(includes Eurosport) SD for £23.80 per month.

Just reached my 1 year.

Anybody getting a better deal than this on above package?
  • On the special offer leaflet I received this week entertainment was £10, Sports £11 and HD £2. Not sure if the HD covers the Sport though. This was a 12 month contract.

I have been cut off sky since 23rd Nov
  • Dawning
    Dawning Posts: 498 Forumite
    edited 11 January 2018 at 1:27PM
    I cancelled the other day. This was an actual firm cancellation as my partner has Sky anyway, I'm moving house and I wasn't tied to a contract. I don't intend to sign up again unless they offer me as good as the deal I was on which I don't think is likely.
    I'm enjoying and using Netflix much more than Sky.
    I'll update any offers here just for information for other posters. Current offer is 30% off full package. This is Sky+HD.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    That's the Sky Q box posted back to them yesterday

Now we have been 4 days without Sky we have actually found life goes on.

I have dug out an Android PVR box I have as a backup and now have full recording / time shift without subscription.

What are they going to do with all these returned Sky Q boxes,I wonder ???:rotfl:
  • brewerdave wrote: »
    What are they going to do with all these returned Sky Q boxes,I wonder ???:rotfl:

Hopefully offer them as a free (or really cheap) upgrade option to us HD+ customers :)
  • shavy65
    shavy65 Posts: 562 Forumite
    For my info - If I currently have Sky+HD with 1tb box, wired to all bedrooms (via RF2), no 4k TV`s.....what is the advantage of Sky Q?
    Appreciate replies.
    3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun :beer:
  • shavy65 wrote: »
    For my info - If I currently have Sky+HD with 1tb box, wired to all bedrooms (via RF2), no 4k TV`s.....what is the advantage of Sky Q?
    Appreciate replies.

I can't see any advantage. I was looking at the sky q boxes and have 2x multiroom 500gb boxes and as I pointed out to the person on live chat i wouldn't be any better off with q as I can record on 2 channels at the same time on each box if i ever needed to record more than 2 channels at once. I could also easily get my programmes on catch up. Like you i have no 4k tv plus it would cost me for setting up plus also for a second box. Even the person on chat agreed it would be pointless.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    shavy65 wrote: »
    Appreciate replies.

None that I can see ....unless you like to record multiple channels at once, or want to watch different channels at the same time in different bedrooms.
  • shavy65
    shavy65 Posts: 562 Forumite
    brewerdave wrote: »
    None that I can see ....unless you like to record multiple channels at once, or want to watch different channels at the same time in different bedrooms.

On the odd occasion we are watching something and get the error about 2 other programmes about to record I just cancel one of the programmes and reschedule it to record on one of the other several viewings that week (usual the same day).

To view 2 channels at the same time I assumed you`d need to pay the extra £12 per month, right?
    3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun :beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback