IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN for 30 mis free parking. Next letter will Court.

2»

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Even if they do issue a claim there is the possibility you can get it thrown out before it goes to a hearing.

It's not guaranteed but we will cross that bridge if and when we come to it.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    PaDu wrote: »
    HI Fruitcake,

Thanks for quick response.

All I have done up till now was a total ignorance of all letters related to this case as it was advised on many other forums. I did not write anything to anyone. (only responded to Premier park first letter with driver details)
    I have a photo of the signage.
    So the only way to avoid the court now is to pay 160£ ??? Any other ways to avid court, the biggest problem for me is the time which I do not have at all and the court will take huge amount of time from me the wasted time will cost me more than 160£.

And it is very hard to get all require information together as I do not understand half of what is written in those threads, What is LOC/MCOL?

Is it possible to avoid court and reduce the charge?

Sorry for for not reading threads and asking directly, but I really have not got time.

I have no idea how you got to that assumption from what I suggested.

Go back and look at what I advised, what others have advised, and a thorough read of the NEWBBIES. You are the only one who can do this. We can advise you but you have to do the work yourself.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • PaDu_2
    PaDu_2 Posts: 4 Newbie
    HI everyone

Have spend all day today on this forum reading different treads and all NEWBIES.

This week I have received a real Letter Of Claim from BW L. I guess next letter will be Court Claim. So start thinking about my defense. There will be a lot of Copy/Paste on the defense but would like to get some advice on what could be the most relevant point in my situation, would it be Inappropriate signage, Grace Period, ANPR in conjunction with Ticket Machine?

Also a question what will be the court claim based on, same as on Letter of Clime ("Parking session Expired Or Unpaid") or it will come as general "Breach of Contract"?

My case:
    - Sign says "Register at the machine for 30 minutes free stay", During entrance I managed to catch only "Free 30 minutes stay" and parked my vehicle for 23min without logging registration number in to the machine.
    - Have only responded to the first letter with driver details.
    Some photos through the link below.

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1IqpqFLweDAWWQp1ZB3EnqV3bHIgBhogk/view?usp=sharing
    hxxps://drive.google.com/open?id=1oLv7XVlHNeFUyvKFaQemTOUtpcqaU6RF
    hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ho_uT38RnHG81tLIqaqC7wD1IMXoJmQW/view?usp=sharing
    hxxps://drive.google.com/open?id=15gt_2YhJglruYJwEwlJLv9qtW3h6lcs3

Regards.
  • Fruitcake
    PaDu wrote: »
    HI everyone

Have spend all day today on this forum reading different treads and all NEWBIES.

This week I have received a real Letter Of Claim from BW L. I guess next letter will be Court Claim. So start thinking about my defense. There will be a lot of Copy/Paste on the defense but would like to get some advice on what could be the most relevant point in my situation, would it be Inappropriate signage, Grace Period, ANPR in conjunction with Ticket Machine?

Also a question what will be the court claim based on, same as on Letter of Clime ("Parking session Expired Or Unpaid") or it will come as general "Breach of Contract"?

My case:
    - Sign says "Register at the machine for 30 minutes free stay", During entrance I managed to catch only "Free 30 minutes stay" and parked my vehicle for 23min without logging registration number in to the machine.
    - Have only responded to the first letter with driver details.
    Some photos through the link below.

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1IqpqFLweDAWWQp1ZB3EnqV3bHIgBhogk/view?usp=sharing
    hxxps://drive.google.com/open?id=1oLv7XVlHNeFUyvKFaQemTOUtpcqaU6RF
    hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ho_uT38RnHG81tLIqaqC7wD1IMXoJmQW/view?usp=sharing
    hxxps://drive.google.com/open?id=15gt_2YhJglruYJwEwlJLv9qtW3h6lcs3

Regards.

The Letter of Claim and Court Claim are the same thing. You have got a court claim now to deal with.

Start by telling the court about the abuse of process as already advised, quote the other cases and ask for your case to be struck out for the same reason.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Same thing to a PPC, and it will state both, because to them, those are the 'facts'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fruitcake
    Le_Kirk wrote: »

OP, you need to get another picture of the entrance taken from the driver's position in a car approaching from the left. I suspect that the sign will be hidden by the door pillar and bonnet of said car as it turns left into the car park ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business