E.On threatening Daughter with debt collectors while ombudsman decides

Options

Comments

• mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Cardew,

Hi mark88man, as I say above, please do speak to the Ombudsman team, as we need to [FONT=&quot]manually[/FONT] stop the follow up with these sorts of accounts.

Thanks.

Helena

I'm sorry - but you know the case is with the ombudsman, as you wrote making a final offer pre ombiudsman - although that was a complete waste of time that took you a month. So how is it now our responsibility to do your admin for you?

Thanks everyone for you help, I will sure that my daughter does follow up as suggested - but I still think its a complete joke. If this is smooth and effective operation of a national asset by a business then give me renationalisation - I'd rather pay more tax than see excess profits go to such a bunch of chancers
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • Skools_Out
    Skools_Out Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mark88man wrote: »
    I'm sorry - but you know the case is with the ombudsman, as you wrote making a final offer pre ombiudsman - although that was a complete waste of time that took you a month. So how is it now our responsibility to do your admin for you?

Not sure how that is any evidence that the supplier has been alerted by the ombudsman that you have filed the complaint with the ombudsman and the ombudsman are now investigationg, and theat the supplier has been informed.

You asked for advice. You were given advice.
    It is, of course, entirely up to you if you elect to follow the helpful advice given to you.
    Or prefer to waste your time ranting on here instead. :cool:
  • mark55man
    Options
    To be fair I both ranted and said I was following advice. I do really appreciate the advice. But
    * Eon made a final offer - she rejected and said she was going to ombudsman
    * Eon said they would raise it with their "special" team and a month later cam back with the same offer
    * Daughter rejected this and said she was taking the case to the ombudsman
    * Daughter then takes case to the ombudsman 2 months ago
    * Ombudsman writes and acknoelwedges receipt

In what universe is it wrong to assume that the penny might have dropped, and that the case was with the ombidsman, and the hounds could be recalled

Just saying - if I operated like that in my business I wouldn't have any business. But I always forget how special utilities are and how they don't care about customers
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    You still don't know if the ombudsman has contacted Eon. IF you think utility companies are bad, wait till you have more dealings with the ombudsman.

WHy not ask the ombudsman if and when they contacted Eon.
  • mark55man
    Options
    Fair point Cardew and thanks - I guess I just expected the whole thing to be more joined up.

How do I complain about the ombudsman ;-)
  • welshmoneylover
    Options
    mark88man wrote: »
    To be fair I both ranted and said I was following advice. I do really appreciate the advice. But
    * Eon made a final offer - she rejected and said she was going to ombudsman
    * Eon said they would raise it with their "special" team and a month later cam back with the same offer
    * Daughter rejected this and said she was taking the case to the ombudsman
    * Daughter then takes case to the ombudsman 2 months ago
    * Ombudsman writes and acknoelwedges receipt

In what universe is it wrong to assume that the penny might have dropped, and that the case was with the ombidsman, and the hounds could be recalled

Just saying - if I operated like that in my business I wouldn't have any business. But I always forget how special utilities are and how they don't care about customers

Perhaps your daughter is in the wrong?
    Just because a case is taken to the ombudsman doesn’t necessarily mean they will side with the customer.
    Perhaps you can give us some details of the complaint and we can offer some advice.
    Be happy, it's the greatest wealth :)
  • Beartricks
    Options
    I've been through the Ombudsman with EOn too. I should have just trusted the hundreds of negative reviews for the Ombudsman online and not bothered.

My complaint was over the fact that EOn caused undue stress for myself and my family through both incompetence and not doing what they said they'd do. I'd have loved to have left EOn months ago, but they would not let me. Firstly, EOn refused to put the bill in my name even though everyone involved insisted I had taken over paying it then by the time they'd sorted it out the bill was high enough that they were then blocking me switching to another company.

I asked for the bill to be reduced to what it was at when I thought EOn had finally fixed the issue, as that is when I was planning on leaving. They hadn't sorted it out however and it carried on for a few more months. I feel like the Ombudsman ignored the fact that I was complaining about not being able to leave, and the stress that it had caused within my family; At one point EOn inexplicably billed a family member who I don't speak to instead of me, as if that would force me to pay or them to pay on my behalf. Instead the ombudsman focused on the money and just treated me like someone who was trying to dodge paying his bill. I can more than afford what EOn have said I owe, but all I was after was some kind of acknowledgement and accountability.

This works out well for EOn as their entire MO seems to be to drag things out as long as possible in order to rack up bills and fees. They've chanced it multiple times by trying to whack an extra fee on top of what I owe, then removed the fee as soon as I've challenged it. Multiple times they've asked me to give them a bit of time to look in to something then when I've got in touch nothing has changed or they just reiterate the information they gave me last time I spoke to them.

I've just offered to pay them now, and they've got back to me to say that I should wait for a phonecall from them following contact from the Ombudsman. I know full well that the Ombudsman has been in touch with them. I have emails to say so. I was on the phone, speaking to someone, bank card in hand wanting to give them money and they said I need to wait even longer before I can do that.

It's not even that I've found the Ombudsman incompetent - more spineless than anything. I guess what I'm trying to say is it really wasn't worth it for me, especially as the bills started racking up because by the time you get to the point where you're contacting the Ombudsman anything they award wont make a dent in what you owe.

All of this is my personal experience and the impression I've been given of EOn as a company of course.
  • welshmoneylover
    Options
    Beartricks wrote: »
    I've been through the Ombudsman with EOn too. I should have just trusted the hundreds of negative reviews for the Ombudsman online and not bothered.

My complaint was over the fact that EOn caused undue stress for myself and my family through both incompetence and not doing what they said they'd do. I'd have loved to have left EOn months ago, but they would not let me. Firstly, EOn refused to put the bill in my name even though everyone involved insisted I had taken over paying it then by the time they'd sorted it out the bill was high enough that they were then blocking me switching to another company.

I asked for the bill to be reduced to what it was at when I thought EOn had finally fixed the issue, as that is when I was planning on leaving. They hadn't sorted it out however and it carried on for a few more months. I feel like the Ombudsman ignored the fact that I was complaining about not being able to leave, and the stress that it had caused within my family; At one point EOn inexplicably billed a family member who I don't speak to instead of me, as if that would force me to pay or them to pay on my behalf. Instead the ombudsman focused on the money and just treated me like someone who was trying to dodge paying his bill. I can more than afford what EOn have said I owe, but all I was after was some kind of acknowledgement and accountability.

This works out well for EOn as their entire MO seems to be to drag things out as long as possible in order to rack up bills and fees. They've chanced it multiple times by trying to whack an extra fee on top of what I owe, then removed the fee as soon as I've challenged it. Multiple times they've asked me to give them a bit of time to look in to something then when I've got in touch nothing has changed or they just reiterate the information they gave me last time I spoke to them.

I've just offered to pay them now, and they've got back to me to say that I should wait for a phonecall from them following contact from the Ombudsman. I know full well that the Ombudsman has been in touch with them. I have emails to say so. I was on the phone, speaking to someone, bank card in hand wanting to give them money and they said I need to wait even longer before I can do that.

It's not even that I've found the Ombudsman incompetent - more spineless than anything. I guess what I'm trying to say is it really wasn't worth it for me, especially as the bills started racking up because by the time you get to the point where you're contacting the Ombudsman anything they award wont make a dent in what you owe.

All of this is my personal experience and the impression I've been given of EOn as a company of course.

This makes no sense at all.
    How did Eon cause you undue stress?
    Be happy, it's the greatest wealth :)
  • Beartricks
    Beartricks Posts: 250 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Because that's a vague account of what happened edited down for an internet forum.
  • mark55man
    Options
    becuase we are all not totally sorted and able to deal with ridiculous levels of buraucracy and incompetence - how does not it give you indue stress??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills