What type of contact pleases you?

You decide. Currently contact links are detailed in at the end of articles, to be transparent about which links help the site (see About Us section).

Many have requested links be put within the text (starred to distinguish them). I'm happy either way, but as its a substantial change, I thought I'd put it to the vote.

Links directly in article text
Links only in contacts section
Links within text then repeated in contacts

Vote here or click reply to discuss
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• vanoonoo
    vanoonoo Posts: 1,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    manchester ;D
    Blah
  • Affiliate links that don't affect the content of the site are what keep this site free.

I'm actually surprised you offer non-affiliate links as an alternative, since they're no benefit to the site whatsoever, and clicking on them makes no difference to the person clicking on them, but does negatively affect the (financial) health of the site.

Personally, I would do away with non-affiliate links completely but of course keep editorial independence (something many financial sites don't).

Having both types of links next to each other in the text would be a big no-no in my opinion since I'm sure it will have a noticeable (negative) effect on the financial health of the site.
  • If you use Mozila Firefox browser it is V easy to rightclick a link as you come accross them and choose to 'open in a new tab' you can then review all the opened tabs after reading the article. If the liks in the text are those that 'help' the site then this would be easier. Even if you dont go on and read the opened tab it doen't interfere with reading the page your on.
    8)
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Below are the results to our previous poll. Thanks to the 485 participants who took part in this poll.
    Previous Poll Topic: Started 9th Jan. You decide.

Currently contact links are detailed in at the end of articles, to be transparent about which links help the site (see About Us section). Many have requested links be put within the text (starred to distinguish them). I'm happy either way, but as its a substantial change, I thought I'd put it to the vote.

Links within text then repeated in contacts 58.5% - (284 Votes)
    Links directly in article text 24.7% - (120 Votes)
    Links only in contacts section 15.2% - (74 Votes)

Total Votes: 485
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Spikey_2
    Spikey_2 Posts: 14,119 Forumite
    If you use Mozila Firefox browser it is V easy to rightclick a link as you come accross them and choose to 'open in a new tab' you can then review all the opened tabs after reading the article. If the liks in the text are those that 'help' the site then this would be easier. Even if you dont go on and read the opened tab it doen't interfere with reading the page your on.
    8)

What is Mozila Firefox?

Spikey
    Use your judgement, and above all, be honest with yourself. :)
    I walk with the world & the world walks with me!
    I don't make bad choices!!! Other people just fail to see my GENIUS !!!! :D
  • Foxy
    Foxy Posts: 10,840 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Spikey wrote:
    What is Mozila Firefox?

Spikey
    its a web browser
    It is not what you give your friend, but what you are willing to give him that determines the quality of friendship. -- Mary Dixon Thayer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure