Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Recycling your old mobiles for Macmillan Cancer Relief

Hi Everyone

I have checked with the forum and I have been told I can add this item to the Charities board.

I have set up links with a company who will donate £4 for evey old handset I collect and donate it to charity. I am walking part of the Great Wall of China in September and I have set up my own web page at justgiving.com and I have raised £1800 so far.

So if you have any old handsets that are on its last legs let me know as I can get them recycled. Over 15 million handsets are sent to landfills every year, it would be great if I could collect 1 million of them, think of the benefits to cancer patients!

my charity page for info only is https://www.justgiving.com/angelalangton

So if there is a few of you in the office let me know if you have 10 or more I can also arrange a free courier!!!!! :rotfl: :D

Thanks for the Forum for directing me to the right spot

blingal1

Comments

• Bob63
    Bob63 Posts: 1,320 Forumite
    I posted this in another charity thread, but is seems relevant to post it here.

£4 is a really bad deal for the charity. If you recycle your phones through Envirofone you will get much much more. Do the deal yourself through Envirofone and then donate the funds you receive directly to Macmillan Cancer Relief, not forgetting to tick the GiftAid box.

Mike
  • blingal1
    blingal1 Posts: 14 Forumite
    The envirofone deal is great I have checked it out myself! The £4 is for phones that are just getting dumped at landfill and 15 million a year is shear madness, these phones tend to be either water damage, faulty not worth anything etc if I recall envirofone have to be in full working order?

I think enveryone should go to Envirofone for starters then if the phone is worth nothing get it recycle for Charity!

Ciao

Blingal1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family