Easyjet complaint, advice needed.

wishuponastar
wishuponastar Posts: 779
First Post First Anniversary
Forumite
Booked flights with Easyjet. but when I tried to book 2 return flights on one booking (for the same two passengers) it wouldn't let me and kept coming up with an error message. Has anyone booked online more than one return flight per booking recently with EJ?

After hours of trying different browsers and different devices I kept getting same thing. I called the call centre and they said they didn't know why I was getting the error message and couldn't explain it as they could see the same prices online as I was seeing (but if they booked them for me it would be much more almost £250 extra because it was through their call centre and not online). Even after applying a discount it was still going to be £65 more than the online price.

Not wanting to miss out on the flights and given EJ CS couldn't resolve the issue, I booked the flights but had to do it as 1x return per booking, thus incurring an extra EJ £16 admin fee.

Contacted EJ customer support by phone next day again which took over an hour and also emailed EJ CS and they both were rubbish. Totally missed the issue and made out that booking more than one return flight per booking is 'too moneysaving', that was the way it came across. Despite when you call, EJ actually say on the automated message when waiting on an operator to book all flights on one booking to save the £16 admin fee each time.

I would like the second admin fee refunded as they can see I've tried to book on the same booking but couldn't for some unknown reason.

It wasn't due to flight prices changing as the flights I paid for are the same price as would have been if they were on the same booking, just £16 extra (which is the second EJ admin fee).

Anyone have any similar experience or tips as to how to get this complaint resolved?

Comments

• Sharon87
    Sharon87 Posts: 4,011
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I've booked a holiday for me and mum booking Easyjet flights - through their website and had no issue.

I didn't realise the admin fee was per booking, I thought it was per person! Learn something new every day!

Do you remember what the error message said?

Also - get on Twitter and complain, they're more likely to sort it out than customer service sometimes!
  • Weird. You can book up to 40 passengers for the one booking fee.

Normally if I get an error on a booking its because Ive either not filled in a compulsory fieid or not ticked a box.

It happened tonight BTW, although not on Easyjet.

Its frustrating but eventually you realise it is YOUR error.

These websites are taking 1000s of bookings per day. I dont believe they go wonky for 1 person and work ok for millions of others, so IMO you made a mistake with the original booking.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346
    Forumite
    Do you mean you were booking for 2 separate parties on the same route or two different round trips on the same booking?

X to Y
    Y to X x 2

Or

A to B - B to A
    C to D - D to C
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,493
    Forumite
    Do you mean you were booking for 2 separate parties on the same route or two different round trips on the same booking?

X to Y
    Y to X x 2

Or

A to B - B to A
    C to D - D to C

I'm confused too.

I thought OP meant he could book 2 outward flights but only one return? So he's ended up with 3 flights on one booking and just one return flight on another so incurring 2 admin fees. Maybe that's why easyjet 'totally missed the issue' because they didn't understand the question.

• A to B - B to A
    C to D - D to C

Sorry for the confusion. Yes this one.
  • Sharon87 wrote: »

Do you remember what the error message said?

Yes, it was at the very end stage where it says final price and you enter your card details etc. So I did all that and instead of normally saying the booking reference number etc it came up and said, one or more of the flight prices have changed since adding them to your basket, please update your basket.

At first I thought this was the case so I tried pressing the update basket option that was available and nothing changed so I cleared my basket and did the search for flights again and the price was still the same. I added the flights to my basket and tried it all again many times in different browsers, but no joy.

I'm not on Twitter but I could try to work it out to get on there to complain (thanks).
  • mikeeboy
    mikeeboy Posts: 175
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I doubt many people have tried that, although if you know you're going on 2 holidays then it's a reasonable request to be able to book it like that.
  • Weird. You can book up to 40 passengers for the one booking fee. That's impressive. Do you know from your experience if you can book more than one return flight per booking?

Normally if I get an error on a booking its because Ive either not filled in a compulsory fieid or not ticked a box. I have used EJ many times and not had this issue, I definitely ticked all I needed to and filled in all the fields and got through to the last page when it says final payment amount and card details which were all correct.

It happened tonight BTW, although not on Easyjet.

Its frustrating but eventually you realise it is YOUR error.

These websites are taking 1000s of bookings per day. I dont believe they go wonky for 1 person and work ok for millions of others, so IMO you made a mistake with the original booking. There's always one lol.

My replies are in red.
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,299
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business