Adverse weather

Hi, I made a claim for our 4.5hr delayed flight on BA & got a generic “not our fault due to adverse weather” reply. Should I push back on this or accept it & forget about compensation? There was no adverse weather at point of departure or arrival (though I appreciate that it could have had a knock on effect from elsewhere.)

I guess what I’m asking is whether this is a “fob off” from BA in the hope I accept what they say or whether I should keep pushing. Our scheduled arrival was 10.00pm but we didn’t eventually arrive until nearly 3.00am the next day, eventually arriving at our hotel at nearly 4.30am so it did have an adverse effect on our week long holiday.

I’d welcome other users thoughts.

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    put your flight number and date into EUClaim and bottonline and see what they say...you can post further queries on the BA thread
  • Have you checked the METAR weather reports for the two relevent airports ,you can get the historical reports easily at "weatherspark.com" ,can be a bit fiddly first time you use it but it will verify to you if there was any adverse conditions that could have affected YOUR flight ,or just post your flight details on the BA section and i will check.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure