Mystery shopping thread 26 *please read the op first**please no client names or fees

Comments

• Larac
    Larac Posts: 945
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Dupin wrote: »
    I haven't received a single reply either!!

I actually think that selecting the setting to "protect my tweets" prevents the company from seeing your tweet because they aren't following you - the help section for tweet protection says:
    "Protected Tweets may only be visible to your approved Twitter followers." and "@Replies you send to people who aren't following you will not be seen by those users (because you have not given them permission to see your Tweets)."
    But I don't use twitter that much so im not sure :P

Thats interesting that you made that observation. On the twitter jobs on GFK you normally get a response within 24 hours, so unusual not to get anything back by now, I have got to do my ESA ones tomorrow evening, so will have to see, if I get a response on my locked down twitter account
  • Dupin
    Dupin Posts: 17 Forumite
    Big_Graeme wrote: »
    Email this morning said they had to be done at the weekend.
    Oh right, I didn't get this email, in fact I had an email yesterday morning authorising me to complete by tomorrow.
    Larac wrote: »
    Thats interesting that you made that observation. On the twitter jobs on GFK you normally get a response within 24 hours, so unusual not to get anything back by now, I have got to do my ESA ones tomorrow evening, so will have to see, if I get a response on my locked down twitter account
    Yeah exactly, I haven't done any GFK ones, but I would have expected a response from at least one of the companies fairly quickly - to not get a response from any of them seems to suggest something is wrong
  • Larac
    Forumite
    Dupin wrote: »
    Oh right, I didn't get this email, in fact I had an email yesterday morning authorising me to complete by tomorrow.

Yeah exactly, I haven't done any GFK ones, but I would have expected a response from at least one of the companies fairly quickly - to not get a response from any of them seems to suggest something is wrong

I note that ESA have now sent out an email today to say that you need to unlock the twitter account as otherwise, the company cannot follow you and respond to your tweet. Somebody at ESA towers did not do their research before releasing the jobs.
  • Larac wrote: »
    I note that ESA have now sent out an email today to say that you need to unlock the twitter account as otherwise, the company cannot follow you and respond to your tweet. Somebody at ESA towers did not do their research before releasing the jobs.
    Interesting! I always thought if you @ somebody they could see it even if you were private, ESA must have thought the same.

I think 20 consecutive tweets will look a little obvious!

Just seen the email, have people resent them or just left it!? It's been over 24 hours since I sent mine now, little unfair to expect them to pickup, especially the amount of *ahem* comments... some companies get!
  • skintsocks
    skintsocks Posts: 423 Forumite
    20 tweets directed at organisations in close proximity on your page are going to stand out like a sore thumb, I think. Opens up all kinds of questions. I already regret one I did for the other company - asking about nappies on Facebook. It was all going splendidly until a friend saw my elderly mother and asked about my new baby.

On another note, are RA in strife? Loads of jobs on board with expired dates, so they can't be picked up. They don't seem bothered, which is odd.

A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work
  • Larac
    Forumite
    skintsocks wrote: »
    20 tweets directed at organisations in close proximity on your page are going to stand out like a sore thumb, I think. Opens up all kinds of questions. I already regret one I did for the other company - asking about nappies on Facebook. It was all going splendidly until a friend saw my elderly mother and asked about my new baby.

On another note, are RA in strife? Loads of jobs on board with expired dates, so they can't be picked up. They don't seem bothered, which is odd.

I have set up a separate account for these twitter jobs, so my normal followers are not seeing the rubbish that we are having to post. Similarly on FB have a separate account for MS jobs, as agree if friends and family seeing posts will be wondering !!!!!!, especially if they don't know you do MS work.
  • skintsocks wrote: »

Completely agree - but that was the whole point of them being locked down. Organisations can't see what you've posted to another, only friends can.

Twitter is less of an issue IMO because so much is posted on there, that even if you post 20 consecutive posts it's unlikely any friends would see everyone one, unless they actually click on to your profile.

Still no replies - Now it's public it would be very dodgy to send it again, but as far as I'm concerned I followed the instructions and expect payment. IF any companies do reply after whats gone on (even though they may realise why!), they deserve high scores

Would call and see if they want them re-posted, but I wouldn't be happy stringing them out in with normal tweets, so I'd just tell them to release the assignment.
  • Dupin
    Dupin Posts: 17 Forumite
    I have deleted all the tweets I sent before making my profile public again, I will send new tweets tomorrow.

I agree 20 consecutive tweets looks suspicious. I'm going to try sending them throughout the day, especially ones to similar companies. Saying that, unless they look through your profile (and I doubt they will be bothered) they won't see the other tweets right?
  • Cayt65
    Cayt65 Posts: 27 Forumite
    What is the largest number of questions you have answered when completing a MS report. I've just done 3 with 513 apiece. Never, ever again - particularly when I got to the end of one of them, ran the check for completion and was told that 1 question remained to be answered ... Without telling me which one! Nightmare.
  • thedogsmum
    thedogsmum Posts: 363
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Cayt65 wrote: »
    What is the largest number of questions you have answered when completing a MS report. I've just done 3 with 513 apiece. Never, ever again - particularly when I got to the end of one of them, ran the check for completion and was told that 1 question remained to be answered ... Without telling me which one! Nightmare.

Whenever possible, I look at the preview questionnaire to see what they are like. In the past, I spent many hours answering inumerous questions - often repetitive ones - for some a fee that works out at a very, very, low hourly rate.
    I would rather do shops that are of use to me, e.g. food & driink for a low fee, than others for a (slightly) higher fee and nothing to put in my tum at the end of it!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback