Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• legal_magpie
    Options
    Cleggydog1 wrote: »
    I have just put two claims in . One to Thomson for a 6 hour delay on a flight back from Mexico for a family of five . Just received an email offering us a voucher for £2545.00 . They say it is paid in full and final settlement in relation to our complaint . Any advice as to if we have to accept vouchers ??

You don't have to accept vouchers but it depends on:

1. Whether you want the hassle of taking it to Court with the potential risks, delays, stress etc.
    2 How long the vouchers are valid for;
    3. Whether you are likely to book a holiday with Thomson's in the near future
    4. Whether there are any other restrictions

Depending on answers to above questions, it might be worth accepting them
  • razorsedge
    Options
    nicki_d987 wrote: »
    full of C.A.P.E. errors

Nicki_d987 - good to see you have been reading these forums a bit more thoroughly than some others, however, I don't want to be too pedantic but....
    Attention to detail - it's important!

It's either a 'CAP error' or a 'CAPE' but never a CAPE error (it's similar to those people who use the expression 'PIN number'). ;)

Sounds like you have a switched on DJ there though.
    The above is just my opinon - which counts for nowt! You must make up your own mind.
  • nicki_d987
    Options
    razorsedge wrote: »
    Nicki_d987 -
    Attention to detail - it's important!

It's either a 'CAP error' or a 'CAPE' but never a CAPE error (it's similar to those people who use the expression 'PIN number'). ;)

I KNOW!!! I realised when I read through some of the responses that it should have been CAP, meant to edit and correct, but you're just too on the ball and quick for me!:T
  • Sandramcuk
    Options
    mykola45 wrote: »
    I booked a package hol with Thomson last
    Sept for this Sept with Day flights

Thomson have now altered these flights to
    later flights at night by 7hrs 15min
    out and 5hr 15 min return

These are no good to me and I had to re-book
    for another day at a further £300 cost

They say they can alter the flights anytime they
    want

Same has happened to us, I purchased am flights and have been moved 6.5 hours, I believe the original flight I booked didn't actually exist at the time of booking, how can I find this out as I've obviously been mis-sold my holiday.
  • Sandramcuk
    Options
    Mark2spark wrote: »
    If they have given you more than two weeks notice of the change, then their T & C's allow them to do this, although you have a right to a refund IMO. Getting it might be a task though.

Can I find out if the am flight actually existed at the time of booking??
  • jaynek65
    Options
    Hi,

Hopefully a quick question, before I fire off my claim, We had a 18 hr delay on a flight from Fuerteventura to Gatwick back in May 2010, we were told on the coach to the airport that the plane had "technical difficulties" and had therefore been cancelled as they were awaiting a new part to be flown over, so they were taking us straight to another hotel, nr the airport for an overnight stay (our flight was suppose to be leaving at at 9pm ish)
    We were pick up the following day (miday) and finally got home early that evening.
    My question is, do we still have a claim, even though Thomson gave us overnight accomodation (it was a lovely 5* hotel at that - and we got an evening meal and breakfast )

Thanks, Jayne
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jaynek65 wrote: »
    My question is, do we still have a claim, even though Thomson gave us overnight accomodation (it was a lovely 5* hotel at that - and we got an evening meal and breakfast )

...................... Yes
  • batman44
    batman44 Posts: 545 Forumite
    Options
    jaynek65 wrote: »
    Hi,

Hopefully a quick question, before I fire off my claim, We had a 18 hr delay on a flight from Fuerteventura to Gatwick back in May 2010, we were told on the coach to the airport that the plane had "technical difficulties" and had therefore been cancelled as they were awaiting a new part to be flown over, so they were taking us straight to another hotel, nr the airport for an overnight stay (our flight was suppose to be leaving at at 9pm ish)
    We were pick up the following day (miday) and finally got home early that evening.

Thanks, Jayne

As part of reg 261/2004 you are also entiltled to compensation for the inconvience, as well as accomodation.
    Check out Vaubans Flight Delay Guide, you will be glad you did....:):):)
    Thomas Cook Claim - Settled Monarch Claim - Settled
  • marcadelaney
    Options
    Hi,

I had sent a template from your links on your site, We flew to Egypt in 2010, and the plane had engine trouble and had to land in Munich, we had been delayed there for 7 hours before another plane flew in to collect us and get us to Sharm El Sheik.

I wrote to Thomson using your template, and have had received a letter stating :

" In a limited number of circumstances Regulation 261/2004 of the European Union ( the regulation) now entitles some effected customers to a payment when their flight is delayed over three hours on arrival.

The European Court of Justice has confirmed that, as the Regulation dosen't say how long passengers have to bring the claims, we need to look at our national law,
    The Supreme Court in the UK has said that all claims to do with international carriage by air need to be brought within two years, We therefore can't consider claims for flights that were delayed more than two years ago."

I hope you can advise more information on this matter, can I appeal to this or I have lost the compensation.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    read this thread - there are many many posts where posters have had exactly the same "2 year" rejection
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback