The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

May Bring Your Lunch to Work

Comments

• Well i actually managed today, technically doesnt count as I wasnt at work (took the day off to go to a theme park with friends haha) but i did take lunch and only bought a cup of tea and an ice cream! Think I am getting a lot more into the habit of bringing food
  • wishus
    wishus Posts: 1,179
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    7/19 - brought my breakfast egg sarnie in today, and I win, cos the fella who normally orders them from the van for everyone else is off today! :T

Trying to make my lunch a bit less carbie, I did a variation on this HFW lunchbox. I have raw carrots, apple, sultanas, walnuts, chia seeds and the liquid bit is a splash of balsamic, as I had no oranges. Also have half a small avocado in there as I need to use them up.
    Still wanna live in a house in the countreeee! Debt-free/£25K paid OFF!

March Grocery Challenge: £136.89/150
    YTD loss 3.2kg/7lbs.

Decluttering 716/2024 Awards 🥇
    (27/03/24)
  • Free lunch at a meeting on Tuesday - does that count? It's a win anyway :)
    Hm Lentil Dahl on Weds, hm tomato soup on Thursday, and today leftover fahitas, yum.
  • Inn my packed lunch box today is Salad, Quiche, New tatties, and two one clubs. Some Bourneville also made it. Proper Food and good for you!
    Applewood cheese and two cakes of Jaffa also made it today!
  • Soundgirlrocks
    Soundgirlrocks Posts: 744
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 11 May 2018 at 12:25PM
    copy paste repeat - 7/18 have 6 slices of cheese left that will do for next week, not sure what to have with it
  • 5/10 for me today which I'm really happy with. Unhealthy day of peanut butter sandwich, crisps and a pear :D
  • Robi90
    Robi90 Posts: 101
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    4/16 Happy Friday everyone! :beer:

Cheese and pickle sandwich (my favourite kind of sandwich!) with a slice of ginger cake and a strawberry yoghurt. :T
    [STRIKE]£799 - FD Personal Loan[/STRIKE] :beer:[STRIKE]£500/ £500 FD Overdraft[/STRIKE] :beer: [STRIKE]£5700/£5700 MBNA credit card[/STRIKE]:beer:
  • wishus
    wishus Posts: 1,179
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hello everyone. 8/19 for me today.

I have bought in a not shabby, but slightly indulgent picnic box with savoury eggs, cheese, Italian ham, smoked salmon and soft cheese baguette slice, tomatoes, a singular olive and chicken wings. Oh and a mini muffin - the spoils of Saturday!
    Still wanna live in a house in the countreeee! Debt-free/£25K paid OFF!

March Grocery Challenge: £136.89/150
    YTD loss 3.2kg/7lbs.

Decluttering 716/2024 Awards 🥇
    (27/03/24)
  • Usual lunch. Salad. Two cakes of Jaffa. Bourneville. And this week. Chilli and rice. Homemade!
  • Soundgirlrocks
    Soundgirlrocks Posts: 744
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 14 May 2018 at 3:01PM
    So having seen some awful photos at the weekend I'm back in diet mode so drum roll for this weeks exciting lunch - two rivita with cottage cheese, cucumber and half a rollmop herring. 8/18

Going to take the leftover last weeks cheese home and freeze, I'm sure find a use for it.
    wishus wrote: »
    I have bought in a not shabby, but slightly indulgent picnic box with savoury eggs, cheese, Italian ham, smoked salmon and soft cheese baguette slice, tomatoes, a singular olive and chicken wings. Oh and a mini muffin - the spoils of Saturday!
    You are making me hungry lol!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport