Car finance end of contract disagreement

I wonder if any one has some advice for me please.

I recently came to end of a PCP deal I had on a new car. I agree that the additional costs I have accrued are a fair reflection on the condition of the car (which are just over £400).

However, I have paid a higher monthly payment on the car to allow for higher mileage, and I haven't actually covered as many miles as I expected.

Had I gone over my agreed mileage I would have to pay 6 pence/mile. So working backwards the finance company (Audi) actually, in my opinion, owe be £900.

I would like to reach an agreement with the finance company that based on this the EOC costs are written off. Obviously Audi are not willing to accepting this.

Does anyone have experience of this situation? Are there any consumer rights or similar I can quote back to them to help my case?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Comments

• bigisi
    bigisi Posts: 925 Forumite
    This is a joke, right?
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Billiamg wrote: »

I recently came to end of a PCP deal I had on a new car. I agree that the additional costs I have accrued are a fair reflection on the condition of the car (which are just over £400).

However, I have paid a higher monthly payment on the car to allow for higher mileage, and I haven't actually covered as many miles as I expected.

Had I gone over my agreed mileage I would have to pay 6 pence/mile. So working backwards the finance company (Audi) actually, in my opinion, owe be £900.

I would like to reach an agreement with the finance company that based on this the EOC costs are written off. Obviously Audi are not willing to accepting this.

Does anyone have experience of this situation? Are there any consumer rights or similar I can quote back to them to help my case?

It simply doesn't work this way, move on.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Think someone was out in the sun too long over the bank holiday...
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post

It was a contract for "up to" the agreed mileage. If you did less then you dont get anything back.

So - theres no "disagreement", you're simply wrong and they're right :)
  • debtdebt
    debtdebt Posts: 949 Forumite
    If there was any tread left on the tyres over and above the 1.6mm required by law, why don't you net that off the return charges too?
  • Thanks for your sensible response Motorguy. I simply wanted to know if I had a case or not.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for your sensible response Motorguy. I simply wanted to know if I had a case or not.

No problem :)
  • d0nkeyk0ng
    d0nkeyk0ng Posts: 873 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    You paid extra for being allowed to do more miles. You had the choice to do more miles. You didn't. Hence there's no obligation for the finance company to do anything.

If you wish, you're free to drive around and rack up some more miles.

Your complaint is no different from being thirsty and wanting to buy a can of Coke for 60p. You then decide to pay 40p extra for a 500ml bottle in case you're more thirsty later. You open the bottle, drink 330ml and then decide you're not that thirsty, and don't want the rest. You go back to the shop and demand your 40p back for not drinking the extra 170ml.

How many shops and stores would be happy to pay you the 40p?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    d0nkeyk0ng wrote: »
    You paid extra for being allowed to do more miles. You had the choice to do more miles. You didn't. Hence there's no obligation for the finance company to do anything.

If you wish, you're free to drive around and rack up some more miles.

Your complaint is no different from being thirsty and wanting to buy a can of Coke for 60p. You then decide to pay 40p extra for a 500ml bottle in case you're more thirsty later. You open the bottle, drink 330ml and then decide you're not that thirsty, and don't want the rest. You go back to the shop and demand your 40p back for not drinking the extra 170ml.

How many shops and stores would be happy to pay you the 40p?

To be honest the way things are going, if you bought it from a supermarket they'll give you a full refund for the bottle plus a voucher/points. Not joking.
  • davidwood681
    davidwood681 Posts: 881 Forumite
    To be honest the way things are going, if you bought it from a supermarket they'll give you a full refund for the bottle plus a voucher/points. Not joking.

Yep.

We have too many consumer rights and not enough personal responsibility
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family