Help!!. Company Disrepute

Weeman88..
Weeman88.. Posts: 7 Forumite
Dear forum

On my final warning at my company & I said something Stupid & wrong on Facebook. I deleted almost straightaway,got a meeting Saturday & so scared & worried about what they're going to do or say. I'm just assuming they're sacking me to be honest. It's just an investigation meeting on Saturday but I think they'll send it to a disciplinary. Someone help me!!..please!!. I'm begging anyone for advice. I never meant anything by what I said I regret it & I'm very remorseful..I just think they'll listen but ignore it all really. !!!128546;!!!128546;!!!128546;

New to this so forgive me if it's in the wrong place & move it or give me a link to the right place if it's not this one. thank you.

Comments

• Manxman_in_exile
    Manxman_in_exile Posts: 8,380 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 March 2018 at 6:40PM
    Some information would be nice! In order to help you...

What "didn't you mean" to say? EDIT: probably best not to say!
  • Diamandis
    Diamandis Posts: 881 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    You might want to remove the employers name from this thread. It's only going to make things worse. If you're on a final warning and have posted negatively about the company or their customers on Facebook then I would look for a new job.
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 9 March 2018 at 6:30PM
    Weeman88.. wrote: »
    Dear forum

On my final warning at Sainsburys I said something Stupid & wrong on Facebook. I deleted almost straightaway,got a meeting Saturday & so scared & worried about what they're going to do or say. I'm just assuming they're sacking me to be honest. It's just an investigation meeting on Saturday but I think they'll send it to a disciplinary. Someone help me!!..please!!. I'm begging anyone for advice. I never meant anything by what I said I regret it & I'm very remorseful..I just think they'll listen but ignore it all really. !!!128546;!!!128546;!!!128546;

New to this so forgive me if it's in the wrong place & move it or give me a link to the right place if it's not this one. thank you.

Was your employer named on F/B?
    If so, you could have a problem.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    edited 7 March 2018 at 10:12PM
    If youre a) on your final warning and b) said something on Facebook slagging off Your work what also having it down as your workplace on FB then youve got pretty much no chance sorry.

(Basing this on the word disrepute in the title and the fact they said something on Facebook then deleted it ;)

When youre on a final warning you need to keep your nose very clean. You did not.
  • BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Diamandis wrote: »
    You might want to remove the employers name from this thread. It's only going to make things worse. If you're on a final warning and have posted negatively about the company or their customers on Facebook then I would look for a new job.

This!

My advice would be to remove yourself from the internet until you understand that everything you post is there forever. Even with a company the size of Sainsbury's, it's not going to be hard to find the worker on a final warning and having a disciplinary on Saturday.

Crikey.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,472 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    On a final warning and still post negative comments about the company on Facebook, what are you expecting the outcome to be? Promotion. You are clearly a slow learner who needs to speed up!
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I'm sorry to add nothing positive ton the debate, other than in the future take this as a learning lesson and never name employers online. better still, don't mix work and social media, they're an explosive mixture.

Best of luck.
  • xapprenticex
    xapprenticex Posts: 1,760 Forumite
    normally people on final warnings keep their heads down, you remorsefully slagged them off on your Facebook Account.

Imo you probably need this as a wake-up call.
  • John-K_3
    John-K_3 Posts: 681 Forumite
    Advice?

Stop being so bloody stupid.

Why would you do it?

Anyway, more practical advice for right now; wait to see what is said, apologise, profusely, promise not to do it again, but be prepared for the worst, which is to be sacked for gross misconduct, and to have this blight your job hunting for a while.
  • Thanks for any advice people. Don't hold any hope really. I feel like giving up in everything!!. Don't know why I bother!.

Just one bad comment & I deleted it..just worse that I'm on a final warning that's all.

I'll go to the meeting for the hell of it but doubt they'll do anything to help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure