PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    No Bob, not seen that, I don't really watch films. Was it good? I expected him to be very Hollywoody and New Agey and precious, but in reality he was lovely. Funny and friendly and very nice, I enjoyed the week a lot.
  • mardatha
    Just realised this is the Prepping thread lol. God only knows why we got talking mediumship in Prepping. Prepping for the Afterlife maybe?
    :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Why not talk about Mediums MAR? If there is an afterlife prepping for it only seems like good sense in the here and now. We'd all better think a bit harder maybe???
  • mardatha wrote: »
    Was it good?

I guess it depends on what type of movies you like, but I really enjoyed it.

It's about James van Praagh (Played by Ted Danson), teaming up with a detective (Mary Steenburgen), to solve a mystery of a number of boys buried at a disused nature reserve.

James keeps having visions of the dead children, who guide him to the graves.

However, someone is still snatching boys off the street, and burying them at the nature reserve, so James and the detective have to find the killer, before the latest boy is also killed.

As I say, the twist at the end is :eek:
  • mardatha
    Oooooh that sounds good though.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I've discovered why one cash stash has been taking an unexpected pasting. Son thought I was squirrelling two pound coins for his bus fare...

Now I have to set up another, better hidden, stash!
  • I`m still prepping, only this time am driving around areas, tring to extend my house move location. I did a nice 20 miles today, sat nav taking me along moor lanes that I never knew existed, very narrow, very muddy, full ditches on each side and like driving along a well sprung mattress. Any speed over 20 would have had me airbourne. Got there, a very very old upmarket twee place, very nice with twee shops and a farmers market once a month, an active WI, very narrow streets for driving and one bus twice a day from monday to friday. Because of the tweeness, all houses are much more expensive. Ridiculous prices for the old ones near enough to walk but out of centre. I drove past one very slowly, been on the market for a while, 2 different estate agents so far. and set back from the lane. A bit of this and a bit of that in the way of extensions, so it says on rightmove. Then I see the steps going up to the house, the crack in the render and so I get those flashing lights saying `money pit` so I drive on and carefully edge my way out of there, being grateful that it is a quiet sunday

Ah woe is me, houses are blooming expensive and hard to find. I went elsewhere yesterday, no shops but looked nice with houses, only 3 miles from a shopping area, could cycle there. I prowled around a new house, always looking before I make any EA contact. Looked nice enough inside, 3 tiny strips of grass around 3 sides, no garage but I only wanted to look through windows and I did. Got my compass out the car and would be fully in the shade anyway. New houses with good modern insulation are impossible, way far too expensive and jammed into any old space. I have withdrawn back to my small preferred location again, at least the lanes are not like muddy memory foam
  • mardatha
    That's a thing that I always noticed kittie - old houses are built in the right place. Perfect position for full sun and warmth - at least up here they are. Modern new houses are just plonked!
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Lest anyone have carbonated beverages stored anywhere (it's possible some of us want to face the Rapture with a stiff G&T in one hand), can I just remind you to store them *carefully*? Labelled, and ideally flat, for example.

As a slipped bottle that falls to the floor between your feet & explodes is an intriguing sensation, and the following mopping up has been educational also. I just do not want to speculate what the A&E notes would have read had I been wearing a skirt...
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,910 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Lest anyone have carbonated beverages stored anywhere (it's possible some of us want to face the Rapture with a stiff G&T in one hand), can I just remind you to store them *carefully*? Labelled, and ideally flat, for example.

As a slipped bottle that falls to the floor between your feet & explodes is an intriguing sensation, and the following mopping up has been educational also. I just do not want to speculate what the A&E notes would have read had I been wearing a skirt...

And be especially careful when moving said purchases from boot of car. Once dropped, they are quite a spectacle, spinning round and round on the road and coating everyone and everything in sticky sugary liquid.
    Spend less now, work less later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport