Apple muncher's number crunching

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Started the day at 4.30 with a helicopter flying round and round. At least helicopters don't get nicked by joyriders, they are only used for official purposes. And we did go back to sleep, so not too much sleep lost...

Dh went off to church to do PA. Dd and I stayed home - she needs to potter.

I have done a lonnng workout. 36x10/30. Resulting in 357 low jack (no arms); 52 each leg sandbag deadlift; 249 jump squat.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Week 3/12

Health: more uppy downy than recently, with being sad. A good session with the counsellor was, as ever, useful. After each session, I can do a 10 min flat walk and wait 10 mins for the bus; or do a 20min very uphill route and wait 2 or 3mins for the bus. I choose the latter as I enjoy the physical challenge and the time for my head to ponder what has gone before. 3 workouts and plenty of walking done. Big toe is still mending. I can do jump squats with it, but wouldn't dream of doing lunges where weight is borne on the toes. It's been 5 weeks; maybe I should pop along to my GP? I watched a J Michaels 30 day shred dvd today and it looked rather tame compared with my Zuzka Light workouts.... Hmmm, still pondering whether to do it or not...

Wealth: going well. Planning to get control of it all this month :rotfl:. 4 NSDs. Sensible spends on food; other spends v small and all with a purpose. Got caught up on moving my exam mod and mar pay to the right savings account, and moving money from my own account to the everyday account, and moving expenses to the right account, so it all is as it should be. And is less scary. I have a job that I enjoy, on a permanent 2 day contract. I get extra exam board work that brings an extra month's worth of pennies. I love my crafting and get to make a few ha'pennies every so often.

Life well lived: mostly what I have already said. Quiet times, headspace, walking are all going well. Today I made a list of what I think I want to have on my Cmas stall(s) :D. And dd and I found a simple pattern to make a nighttime dolly with clothes, nightie and a drawstring bag that looks lovely - and I already have the fabric for the project! This coming week is my last week before my summer hols. This creates a v different attitude for the week.
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Apple this all sounds so lovely, warming and positive. I'm sorry that you have been feeling sad, you come across as so thoughtful and optimistic. I hope you are feeling ok.

Great result with sorting wealth, life well lived and health. Maybe see about the toe. I've forgotten, has a fox seen it before? Healing vibes and hugs x
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    I retract my previous statement about shred looking tame. It might have been because I did a hard workout yesterday. It might have been that I ambitiously used weights that were too heavy. Or it might be because the workout really was quite tough...

And I have done over 15k steps too.

A good day at work has been had.

Dh earned even more pennies.

Dd has done some homework - happily!
  • apple_muncher
    Shred day 2 done. Repetition of day 1, same weights, but I managed more of it. And I've a goodly load of steps in my pocket already, and that's before I do the brownies run.

Had a lovely day at work. Did a y7 PE cover where we did tennis. And I had some good chats with the girls.

I have a cousins' reunion at the start of Sept, which will coincide with the end of my current 12 week plan. And - coincidentally - will give me time to do 2x 30 day shred-style challenges! Aren't I the lucky one.

But it is needed - dh now weighs significantly less than me, plus a good friend has now dropped half a stone and also weighs plenty less than me. Time to be a little more serious about it and stop wearing big, nay massive, girl nix!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    WIth you on that last sentiment, apple - I used to weigh the same as OH when teens were small (not that that's a good thing - he's 8" taller than me and male, after all) Now I am maybe 2.5- 3 stone heavier than him - and about double what I weighed as a teen (I was tiny, but even so.... :eek:) Haven't done any exercise since Easter (how rubbish am I?!) so my plan is to get back into it before my lots break up later this month and then carry momentum on in hols. It's not just exercise for me though - I eat waaaaaaaaay too much - need to get a calorie deficit going - am probably well in excess most days...:o:o

Back to you - SO much has gone on in the last year (let alone since you started your diary) yet you do remain such a positive sounding person - and have achieved technical MF-dom - and with excess savings! - fab stuff :D xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Thank you greent! How is your midden? We live in one too, but only have 3 of us, so less need to clear it up!

Shred #3 today. Ooph. I think I am doing the exercises with better form, hence some aches. I am also waaay too old to only do the 2 min warm up and cool down on the dvd. So tomorrow, I shall do a much more thorough warm up (back to Zuzka Light for that one) and possibly ditch the weights for a couple of the exercises...

Another really good session with the counsellor and I have since made a good attempt at enjoying the moment, not waiting for the next 'bell' to ring. Having been in education - either on the receiving end or the dishing it out end - for practically all my life, I am like Pavlov's dog when a bell rings!!

Got home to a letter from the tax man. In true big girl nix style, I put it to one side for a while :rotfl:. Then it occurred to me that it might be a rebate... and it was. Yay! £150 ish. Thank you very much indeed.

Now I can replace my walking shoes and sandals - both of which have had a goodly portion of their sole worn away - without guilt :D And without dh nagging at me for spending :D.

I picked up 2 badminton rackets for £2 today, as dd has loved her tennis/ table tennis/badminton/cricket club (!). Just need the shuttle thingies now...

Tomorrow is my last day before the hols :j. Plenty of clearing up to do, despite feeling like I've spent the last 4 weeks doing it... It would be wonderful to leave the room ready to return in sept, all done and dusted... and not have to go in during the holiday...
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Lol apple - definitely still midden-like here, although I di just rope the teenagers in and we emptied dw, hung washing out,wiped kitchen sides, vacuumed downstairs, mopped kitchen and took all ironed and non-ironing laundry upstairs in the space of about 45mins or so between the 3 of us - so it has improved :D Will mop hallway and clean downstairs loo in a mo (have DD collecting DS2 and DS3 from school :j - but I did buy her 2 pairs of jeans and 2 tops today, so she can't really complain! (quite a decent bargain at £32 for all 4 items from H&M)) and then at least it looks passable when you come in!

Fab news re refund - and I think those new sandals and shoes sound like a definite needed purchase :)

xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Tis finished for a few weeks now. Phew.

Got home and seeing as how I had 29 mins until I needed to collect dd, I did shred again. Just had time at the end to rinse off my face, change out of my sports bra and throw on a dress and get her! So, shred #4 done. With weights. No wimping out here...

On my way home I popped into spocksavers - oooh, the air con...!- and made an appt for dd for this sat. Very unexpected - thought we'd be waiting weeks - as we're limited timewise as it'll take us 45-60 mins to get there, then we need to leg it afterwards to do the 40min journey to dance...

Also had a chance to pop into some ch shops, and found myself some karr1m0r sandals for £3. Forget waiting 72hrs, Mrs Frugalwoods. I nabbed 'em!
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Great bargains apple! Congratulations on finishing for Davy knee and to your unending enthusiasm.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure