PPI miracle!!!

Options
Soooo we lost any evidence of our ppi to support our claim. The bank we WERE with had nothing and blow me down up in the loft we found a sacred piece of a very old statement that is fully evident of the ppi indemnity from 1988 which we paid £1449 of a £20,000 loan.
Would anyone be able to give us a rough indication of what we may recieve? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    and blow me down up in the loft we found a sacred piece of a very old statement that is fully evident of the ppi indemnity from 1988 which we paid £1449 of a £20,000 loan.

PPI and Indemnity are two different things. Can you clarify which it is?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    mrs_lds wrote: »
    a very old statement that is fully evident of the ppi indemnity from 1988 which we paid £1449 of a £20,000 loan.
    Have you just used the word "indemnity" without realising it doesn't refer to PPI or does it actually say indemnity on the statement?

PPI was still very rare in 1988, so your "fully evident" statement may not be as "sacred" as you believe.
    mrs_lds wrote: »
    Would anyone be able to give us a rough indication of what we may recieve?
    An upheld PPI complaint would result in a refund of the policy plus 8% simple interest.
  • Ll7322
    Ll7322 Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    have just found out that I have PPI on an M&S personal reserve account which I had for 37 months from feb 1999.
    Can anyone tell me if they e had a successful payout and if they’re happy tell me what the numbers looked like so I can roughly work out what might be due please?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    People will have made successful claims . Their numbers won't have any relevance to your complaint.

Any redress will be your premiums, associated interest plus 8% statutory interest.
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    SonOf wrote: »
    PPI and Indemnity are two different things. Can you clarify which it is?

It was PPI
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You will probably get nothing as the boat has sailed as you haven't started the claim by 29th August 2019. Good luck
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Agree, even if they consider complaint your ‘sacred’ evidence is unlikely to count for much as bank has no records to verify if this was paid - in addition without so little information to support any uphold the default response is likely to be a reject due to passage of time and insufficient ability to safely conclude mis-sold.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure