No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2019

Options

Comments

• Betharooni
    Options
    In

No7 Stay Perfect Superlight Foundation 30ml in Calico-one of my HG in spite of the cost

Aiming to go through and list my toiletries today and will post up my PP list later this evening or tomorrow...
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hello all, I'm back from holiday in very very wet Wales!

I had a couple of INs including a very good dupe of Chanel No.5 called Vogue and a couple of cheap nail polishes.

I hope you're all well? Welcome to the newbies!

I went to a shop today which I thought might be zero waste but tbh I don't think it is as the focus did tend to be more farmers market so good for organic stuff if that's what you're after, and you can buy things loose, but generally not the stuff we eat. They had some refillable items too but I'm kind of struggling with working out how that saves plastic when they're all in thick plastic containers, unless they're washed and reused....meanwhile I don't think refillable is the way to go for me, I'd spend more in fuel getting to these places so it's hardly going to make a difference to my personal carbon footprint!

I found an amazing place while on holiday but I think Reading, England to Narberth, Wales might be a BIT counter-productive! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm not going to obsess, which is something I tend to do, I'll just carry on saving plastic and being more eco-conscious where I can, something is better than nothing and all that!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    I loved the lidl moisturizer i got yesterday, I bought 2 more. I can use it after swimming and the pump is efficent. I really need to focus on the geneal body moisturization and exfolliation,
  • pinkfluffybabe
    Options
    First few UU of October:

Aveda Shampure. WBA. This is a staple that I always go back to.
    Chantecaille lily mask. WNBA. Tends to ball up on my skin
    Caudalie Premier Cru Moisturiser. WBA. Liked this.
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 14/53 UU, 11 IN
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Snake Venom eye cream
    Lacura Q10 serum - STILL!!!
    Liz Earle Skin Repair - cut open
    The Ordinary Rosehip oil
    [STRIKE] ABC Body lotion
    L'Occitane Cherry blossom shower gel
    Elemis shower milk (tonka bean)
    [/STRIKE]

E45 cream
    Bath and Body Works shea butter body lotion
    Boots Nail Polish remover - am going to buy replacement as this is nearly gone.

The two shower gels were decanted product that Emma had taken on her travels then left at home. Would not repurchase either for me. I think she still likes the Cherry Blossom. Not going to ask about the Elemis one. Overpriced (in my opinion).

Have one bottle of Philosphy Snow Angel shower gel on the go now so will be concentrating on the B&BW body lotion instead of the E45.

Will have some INs shortly. I completed a survey for QVC recently and they offered me a beauty bundle for £20 (value of £99.00) which I didn't order. They have sent me a reminder over the weekend and as it's still available and I'll use all the products (bar the Tweak'd stuff) I decided to order. 11 full sized products for £20 with free p&p - is a bargain.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Also UU Chancel Gabrielle sample - WNB. Smells like a Liz Earle one I own and a Smashbox mascara (red tube). Was nice but dried up quite quickly.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    GA Avon mark Gel Shine in Olive-it - will no repurchase avon as it is not cruelty free but I do rate their gel nail polish

TA Superdrug style expertise heat styling spray - I have had this for about 5 years and there was only an inch or so left of the product but I decided to let myself pour it away because I don't think it's effective anymore and I am sick of it. I have another product in my stash which is a smaller amount so will hopefully keep at its best the whole time I am using it.
    Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One UU this morning:

Maui Moisture Strength & Anti Breakage Agave Conditioner 385ml WDBA and have done. My hair feels so nice after using this. Lovely scent as well. My hair has felt a lot healthier after using this for a good number of months :)

The matching shampoo should be finished tomorrow.
  • halogen
    halogen Posts: 426 Forumite
    Options
    is there anything you can do with unwanted toiletries that are open, other than pouring down the sink?
    These days in the average year I buy/use shampoo, shower gel and Antiperspirant. That's it. However in my youth I was a bit of a sucker for a quick fix and i have bag and bags of products that I tried once and decided I didn't like. I now have no use for 99% of them. I have a bathroom overspill cupboard, and that cupboard has an over spill bag which has an overspill box. I'd like the space back!
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    uu

Tresemme Perfectly Undone Shampoo 500ml - this was nice but we seemed to race through it in record time. WNBA

That was out last shampoo apart from half a bottle of Avon Anti Dandruff shampoo for DD, I am hanging on to this for a bit in case she has an issue with the shampoo bars we use, as yet she doesn't seem to have.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family