Free Marmite (Daily Mail)

A large jar of Marmite worth £4 with the Daily Mail today.. will sell like hotcakes will last you ages !! :money::money:

Comments

• OH went in with voucher at 9.30 this morning - staff didn't know about it - no extra stock to cope with demand so nothing on the shelf!
  • philgee
    philgee Posts: 1,281
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Roxy07 wrote: »
    A large jar of Marmite worth £4 with the Daily Mail today.. will sell like hotcakes will last you ages !! :money::money:

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately I can't stand that vile thing, leaves a terrible, bad aftertaste...

...I love Marmite though!
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Did anybody manage to get a jar? It's pretty clear from the HUKD thread that there was virtually nothing on the shelves on Friday (even very early) and the suggestion is that local managers had withdrawn supplies to avoid having to give it away.

There's a very bad smell about this offer.
  • My Iceland only has a shelf capacity of 6.....there was nothing in the Leigh-On-Sea store.
    Hardly an offer!
  • Doc_N wrote: »
    Did anybody manage to get a jar? It's pretty clear from the HUKD thread that there was virtually nothing on the shelves on Friday (even very early) and the suggestion is that local managers had withdrawn supplies to avoid having to give it away.

There's a very bad smell about this offer.

its actually true, they had taken it off the shelves!

ahaha.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    its actually true, they had taken it off the shelves!

ahaha.

I was told much the same thing by one of their staff. I'll never trust Iceland again after that - though they did stump up the value of the Marmite after a little persuasion.

A difficult company to deal with - and deeply untrustworthy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure