Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pretty07
    • By Pretty07 17th Oct 19, 1:08 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Pretty07
    Consent and indemnity agreement
    • 17th Oct 19, 1:08 AM
    Consent and indemnity agreement 17th Oct 19 at 1:08 AM
    Urgent help needed!!!!

Visited my friend and he took my car without my knowledge, had it involved in an accident and only found out when he returned it and informed me. He said it was a small crack on the bonnet and no pictures were taken. My car suffered some minor damages too.

I didnot do anything but waited until when my insurance contacted me and I told them what happened, because my friend is not insured as he has no driving licence, the insurance said they were going to pay the climant but won't do any repairs to my car as i was not the one driving at the time of the accident. They then cancelled my policy and had to find insurance somewhere else. (This was not easy at all being a newly qualified driver).
    Now, one year down the road, the insurance have contacted me and asked me to sign an indemnity and consent form so that they settle the claim and then send me the bill to pay them all the money back including their fees. PLEASE ADVICE: Is there any way i can get out of this without having to pay back (am not financially stable at the moment) since the car was insured and was not aware that my friend had taken it. Many thanks
Page 1
    • paddyandstumpy
    • By paddyandstumpy 17th Oct 19, 5:29 AM
    • 1,288 Posts
    • 776 Thanks
    paddyandstumpy
    • 17th Oct 19, 5:29 AM
    • 17th Oct 19, 5:29 AM
    Did you report your friend to the Police for TWOC?
    • molerat
    • By molerat 17th Oct 19, 11:59 AM
    • 21,564 Posts
    • 15,809 Thanks
    molerat
    • 17th Oct 19, 11:59 AM
    • 17th Oct 19, 11:59 AM
    Did you report your friend to the Police for TWOC?
    Originally posted by paddyandstumpy
    Which would have been the only way for OP to extricate themselves from this situation. I assume they did not so they are stuck with a black mark on their insurance file for a very long time on top of this bill from the insurer.
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • Pretty07
    • By Pretty07 21st Oct 19, 7:39 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Pretty07
    • 21st Oct 19, 7:39 PM
    • 21st Oct 19, 7:39 PM
    i did not report him to the police as i didn't know i could do it after he had brought the car back coz that's when i got to know of the accident. I was a newly qualified driver with no knowledge about such cases
    • Pretty07
    • By Pretty07 21st Oct 19, 7:45 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Pretty07
    • 21st Oct 19, 7:45 PM
    • 21st Oct 19, 7:45 PM
    Which would have been the only way for OP to extricate themselves from this situation. I assume they did not so they are stuck with a black mark on their insurance file for a very long time on top of this bill from the insurer.
    Originally posted by molerat

Is it too late now to go to police and make a statement?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

44Posts Today

3,157Users online

Martin's Twitter